THE DEPRIVED... A FOREWORD..

THE DEPRIVED... A FOREWORD..

A Story by ron s king
"

This story is fact-based fiction and is already published. What is needed is someone who would like to try and script-write the story, ready for a television series.

"
IRELAND… 1852.

The Irish people had suffered over the last fifteen years from a famine caused by the potato blight. The potato was the main subsistence for the people of Ireland and the blight had brought this island population to near starvation.                                                                     
It was reliably reported that nearly a million people had died, either from starvation or through epidemic diseases, which was approximately one eighth of the population.
Between the years of 1845 to 1855 some two million people emigrated, to England and America, to Canada and Australia. Most were the young and those who dared to seek a new future away from the starvation and deprivation which ravaged their homeland, leaving behind the elderly and the vulnerable.
The people came from all over Ireland, from the Counties, streaming to Dublin, from where they were ferried to Liverpool and from there on to distant lands.
None of those who travelled with such hope in their hearts could ever imagine what life would offer them on arrival. Those who emigrated were never free from the bondage and contracts which held and tied them down for the rest of their lives.
There was no Moses for the Irish.

This is a story of a family who, leaving their home in search of a better life in London, find that the life of those times was far more harder than the dream they followed. This story follows the harsh realism of deprivation.

Chapter One follows tomorrow...

© 2013 ron s king


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on August 29, 2013
Last Updated on August 29, 2013

Author

ron s king
ron s king

London, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a writer and poet of a number of books with an especial fondness of poetry, Free-Verse, Sonnets, etc. I have written over forty books, all of which are published by Lulu. I am also an Astro-Psy.. more..

Writing