THE ASTROMATES... Chapter 4...Part 1.

THE ASTROMATES... Chapter 4...Part 1.

A Story by ron s king
"

A continuation of my book.

"

CHAPTER FOUR.


THE GEMINI EXPERIENCE.


Alexo listened to my tale of woe without expressing any emotion.
"Not even a pair of bleeding Marigolds, I tell you. My hands were red raw after all that washing-up."
"I’m sure you’re making a meal of it." said Alexo, still inscrutable.
"Very funny, mate. Bravo!" I cried.
It was alright for him, he hadn’t been put through such an embarrassing ordeal , especially when one had a snotty-nosed little waiter inspecting each plate, knife, fork and spoon, pointing out the tiniest of grease spots after the hot water immersion.
"I did warn you the female Taurean could be a funny old cow, didn’t I?"
"No, you didn’t, Alexo." I back-answered.
Alexo spread out his hands, an apologetic gesture.
"But I could not have possibly known that Carol was going to use you to get back at her ex-old man, could I?"
I agreed with that. Talking works away anger and I had talked myself out. Sensing it, Alexo came round to pat me on the shoulder.
"Let’s put it all in the past and reach for future good luck, shall we?" he said.
Reluctantly, I agreed. It was hard being angry with someone like Alexo, after all, it wasn’t his fault.
"Well, tell me about this Gemini bird you’ve got lined up. What’s her name?"
"Patience, Patience, my young comrade." said Alexo, seating himself and, placing fingers to his lips, said… "There’s an old Russian saying my Grandmother once taught me. It goes… ‘A busy woman is a happy woman.’. A wise old bat, was Granny."
"I don’t think all the women in the world would agree with you there." I said with some vigour. "Anyway, how can a busy woman be a happy woman? I always thought women were happiest when laying on their backs, inspecting ceilings and enjoying life."
"That’s a bloody unhealthy attitude to have, old chap." replied Alexo. "What is meant by the saying is, if a woman has time to waste, she gets to thinking and thinking is not far from marital pain and discord."
Now, if you’re like me, you would be walking round in circles of disturbed thinking. I mean, does Alexo make sense to you? Well he certainly didn’t make any sense to me and I told him so.
"Listen, my old friend." Alexo began explaining. "Give a woman time to think and she gets to thinking about her man and what he gets up to, get my drift?"
"Nope." I answered truthfully.
Alexo sighed, then began again.
"A woman who has time to think will start asking questions, questions like… ‘Where were you last night? You didn’t get in till two o’clock’… And… ‘Why have you started putting on after-shave before you go to work, you never used to even have a bleeding bath before’… And… ‘That Jane next door has started wearing a Mini-skirt, have you noticed?’ You see, old chum, you have to understand the workings of a woman’s’ mind. If a woman isn’t kept busy with life's’ little chores, she begins to have time to think and thinking leads to unhappiness."
I suppose there has to be some kind of male logic to that. I gave a grudging nod.
"But what has all that got to do with the Gemini female?" I asked.
‘Your Gemini female is an Air-Sign, ruled by Mercury, as you know. This means she has a mind which can play many devious tricks, if she’s a mind to. The trick with this lady is to keep her mentally tied up, mentally busy."
Alexo had this habit of causing me confusion. There were times when he left me miles behind.
"What are you on about?" I asked.
"I’ll tell you what I’m on about, matey. I’m on about one of the most complex characters you are bound to meet."
He could be a spooky sod.
"Why?" I asked, feeling that old sense of apprehension tingling my spine. "Is she a little bit touched, a schitzo?"
"Far from it." answered Alexo. "Your average Gemini girl does like to play guessing games. She can play with a mans’ mind until he doesn’t know what way to turn."
Saying that, Alexo went to the filing cabinet and withdrew a picture. Putting it down on the desk, he said… "Do you know, a typical Gemini lady can read a newspaper, fill in the crossword, watch a programme on the tele while holding a telephone conversation all at the same time."
I shook my head in disbelief. Even that bit of information had my head spinning. I mean, I had trouble concentrating on one line of a book at a time. Alexo picked up the picture and turned it round for me to see. It was a photocopy of an old coin, showing the heads of twins facing in opposite directions.
"Janus." said Alexo, simply. "An early Roman god which, we might, for good reason, call Gemini."
I gazed at the picture, somewhat puzzled and waited for an explanation.
"Gemini is known as ‘The Twins’. And while it’s said that that two heads are better than one, the truth here is that the Gemini mind is a constant battle of wills, a sort of love-hate relationship between the two minds which culminates in a very contradictory mind indeed."
What on earth was this madman on about? I only know what I thought about this female.
"So, you’re asking me to go out with Hanibal Lectures’ sister?" I asked, rising from my chair.
Alexo came quickly round to stand behind me, putting his hands on my shoulders to set me down in my seat.
"She’s nothing of the sort, dear boy." he said gently, setting my mind at ease.
"The Gemini lady likes to laugh." he carried on, moving round to face me again. "She’s a youthful creature, young-minded. She likes to stay young, to enjoy herself."
This at least cheered me up no end. At last, a young bird who likes a good laugh and lots of fun, oh, jolly, jolly Jollybags! But that little spoiler of caution still tweaked at my brain, it whispered… ‘Let’s not get carried away, pal’. I spooked.
"But mind games, you said she plays mind games!" I cried defensively.
I had to face the fact, my mind could only stay constant when dwelling on sexual activities. I couldn’t face any woman who wanted to play with my brain! Alexo waved a calming hand.
"Remember what I said, old chap. I told you Gemini is an Air-Sign, she likes to communicate, air her views, even if they are a bit gossipy at times. Gemini ladies are sheer good fun, even if they are a little bit loopy."
"But, mind games…" I began in a weak voice.
Alexo tutted.
"Your Gemini is not a malicious schemer, you silly boy. She doesn’t have time for long drawn-out games or dull and boring schemes. She’ll keep on the move, never letting the air grow stale."
"So why the mind scenario then?" I asked.
"The Gemini is very hard to pin down. Anyone married to one of these ladies will tell you they never know what to expect next, they are so changeable, contradictory."
I looked down at the picture of Janus. In a strange way it all began to make sense to me.
"So what you’re saying to me is the Gemini will always be in two minds."
Alexo nodded.
"But when it comes down to having a good time, you’ll find the two minds think alike."
That would do for me! The more I heard, the more I liked the idea of sleeping with ‘Twins’. I wondered if this Gemini lady would be in two minds about sleeping with me and, if she did, would I get second helpings!
"Normally, you can spot a Gemini a mile away." said Alexo, breaking into my thoughts. "They have eyes like sparrows, twinkling and darting all over the place, missing nothing."
My thoughts went back to sexual fantasy. So she was easy to make laugh, ready for fun. Crikey! I could feel those ‘Jollybags’ wriggling about inside my jacket pocket, desperate to escape.
"So what’s the difference between the male and female Gemini?" I asked, trying to get my mind back on track.
"Oh, you mean like the ‘Ram’ and ‘Lamb’ with Aries and the ‘Bull-Cow’ combination with Taurus? Well, there’s obviously no animal significance. One has to look at the mental application. It’s more than likely the female is more direct in her approach and will say what comes into her head. The male meanwhile tends to keep things under wraps, maybe not so much the news-gatherer."
"D’you mean to say the female of the species can’t keep a secret?" I egged.
"Did I say that!" Alexo refused to be drawn into confirmation, shrugging his shoulders and gesturing in the French manner.
"That’s up to the individual." he said at length. "But what I can confirm is the Gemini, being an Air-Sign acts on what is ‘Thought’ rather than ‘Felt’. If you listen carefully to the lady when she talks, you’ll often hear her say… "I ‘Think’ this is so. She’ll never say… "I ‘Feel’ this to be such-and-such. That’s because feelings belong to the Water-Signs."

© 2013 ron s king


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on December 26, 2013
Last Updated on December 26, 2013

Author

ron s king
ron s king

London, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a writer and poet of a number of books with an especial fondness of poetry, Free-Verse, Sonnets, etc. I have written over forty books, all of which are published by Lulu. I am also an Astro-Psy.. more..

Writing