THE ASTROMATES... Chapter 6 ...Part 3.

THE ASTROMATES... Chapter 6 ...Part 3.

A Story by ron s king
"

A continuation of my book.

"

"Mummy! I want some orange-juice!".I couldn’t believe it, my whole life ruined by one little child’s voice.
Leonora leapt up as if stung, moving swiftly towards the stairs.
"It’s alright, darling. Mummy’s coming!"
I sat and silently fumed. Now I know why I hated kids! (The idea of a vasectomy loomed large.) Their very existence on this earth is to spoil things for the likes of yours truly! I remembered what Alexo had told me, the man loses out every time when it comes to the Leo female and her brood. The thought comforted me in a strange way. Time was on my side, I had all night. I would wait till the lioness dealt with her cub, then… Fornication! After some time and soft mumbling, Leonora descended the stairs to sit beside me again.
"Sorry, Richard." she apologised.
"Don’t apologise." I said gently. "Children always need their Mum, they do come first."
Was I winning or what! Leonora agreed with warm eyes, clasping my hand tightly. My whole body tingled, waiting for the right moment; even though I realised she had her head cocked to one side, listening for the slightest sound from the floor above. We watched the film, seeing the screen-kiss. I fondled her hair, stroking the lush softness. At last, Leonora had settled back, satisfied her children were fast asleep. Snuggling into me, she made my evening complete. We kissed, the sky lit up for me! I was Tom Hanks on the top floor! I was the Lion-King, about to mate my mate! I was…
"Mummy! Mummy, I can’t sleep!"
May all the gremlins and goblins of Hobnobland kick my arse out of heaven! It was Michael again, standing at the foot of the stairs, rubbing at red-rimmed eyes, starring at me with deep suspicion. Leonora was up in a flash, arms out in protective mode.
"Come on, darling. Mummy will make you comfortable."
Make him comfortable? What about me!
"I had a nasty dream, Mummy. I’m frightened. Will you let me sleep with you?"
No! Sweet Lord in heaven, my heart cried out. Let Mummy stay down here with me, don’t put the fire out!
"I’m sorry, Richard." said Leonora, as she heaved Michael up in her arms. "You understand?"
Never in my life will I have kids, never, bloody never! I swore that oath all the way home on the late night bus. When I thought about it, I was sure I had seen a gleam of triumph in young Michaels’ eyes as I left. I even thought I saw him wink! At least, Leonora had assured me I could call on her the following day, so there was some hope to keep the pot boiling, the ‘Jollybags’ only on hold for the time being.


Have you ever been in love? Skipped like some fifteen year-old out on his first date? That’s how I felt as I travelled on my way to Leonora’s house, my heart pounding, the feeling of pleasure, like taste-buds sampling sweet-and-sour for the very first time. Of course, I knew there would have to be some diplomatic handling when it came to dealing with young Michael. It would need time and, dare I say it, a little bit of cash transaction. I would buy the little bugger! Leonora had everything organised (I found the Leo female to be very adept when it came to organisation.) We were all going to the shopping Mall.
"Shelly needs a new dress and Michael needs trainers, plus there’s a few bits-and-pieces I need for myself. I hope you don’t mind, Richard?"
Mind? I would travel to the ends of the earth for this woman, even hold the hand of the ‘Wonder-Brat’ as we crossed the road. Michael seemed to be on some kind of Diazepam, or other dope-inducing drug, because he called me "Uncle Richard" and placed his little paw in mine when Leonora told him to. Great, It wasn’t going to cost me much after all! Maybe he’d realised his tiny brain was no match for my ambition. Shelly sucked her thumb, clinging close to her mother. As a family group, we made our way to the Mall and up to the second floor where the children's’ clothes shop was situated.
"This is a pretty dress." said Leonora, holding it up against Shelly. "Do you like this one? Shall we try it on you to see if it fits?"
Shelly took her thumb out of her mouth just long enough to nod, before popping it back, sucking hard. Michael held grimly to my hand as we made our way to the changing booths, a row of cubicles with drawn curtains.
"You sit with Richard, like a good boy, while Mummy sees if this dress fits Shelly." instructed Leonora, indicating a row of wooden chairs.
We sat in silence.


Now, a man can be in love as much as he likes. He can have a woman in his life he would gladly die for. But a man is a weak individual when it comes to the sexual attitude. So when this sexy young female passes me by with a smile, my eyes followed her long slender legs as she made her way into the changing booth at the end. Whether by chance or sheer devilment, the seductress left enough of the curtain open so I could see her beginning to undress. My eyes watched, entranced. I’d never seen a thong before and wondered where the rest of her knickers were. Slowly, seductively, she stood, then turned. Oh, heavens above! She must have known! She was smiling! She was…!
"Richard! Where’s Michael?"
Leonora’s shriek helped guilt jump me high in the air, jerking my head round to see the empty chair where once the little ‘Son Of Satan’ had sat.
"Where is he?’ screamed Leonora, raking me with demented eyes.
Shelly began crying and I began panicking.
"He was here a minute ago." I cried, chasing after her as she ran, Shelly screaming in her arms.
"My little boy’s gone missing, please help me!" begged Leonora, running up to a security officer.
There was turmoil and a frantic half an hour search before Michael was finally located in the toy department. The mother and son reunion brought tears to my eyes as Leonora put Shelly down and began smothering both the children with kisses.
"You had Mummy pulling her hair out with worry." sobbed Leonora. "Why didn’t you stay with Richard, like Mummy asked?"
I had been standing to one side, waiting for the furore to die down. Michael stared into his mothers’ tearstained face before turning to look at me.
"Uncle Richard left me. He went into that cubicle where the lady was getting undressed." he said.

I guess some children are born devious, just as some men are lecherous. I was given no time to defend myself, to affirm or deny the accusation. Without a word, Leonora walked swiftly away. What could I do? I watched her go, the little girl hoisted up under one arm with Michael, hand-held, running to keep up with her.

© 2014 ron s king


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on January 3, 2014
Last Updated on January 3, 2014

Author

ron s king
ron s king

London, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a writer and poet of a number of books with an especial fondness of poetry, Free-Verse, Sonnets, etc. I have written over forty books, all of which are published by Lulu. I am also an Astro-Psy.. more..

Writing