THE ASTROMATES... Chapter 10...Part 3.

THE ASTROMATES... Chapter 10...Part 3.

A Story by ron s king
"

A continuation of my book.

"
I was all for the challenge. Maybe her cousin was mentally deficient. Maybe she had three legs. Maybe she just wanted sex!
"Lead on, young lady. I’d like to meet this Diana."
We moved on, the hounds from hell dragging Helen along.
Now I know most men would not willingly walk into any suspected trap, knowing they might be outmatched by God knows what, abetted by the hounds from hell, but I am a slave to martyrdom, willing to put myself into the jaws of Hades if, for one moment, I thought some kind of sexual gratification would come from it. With muddied suit and torn top pocket, I moved quickly to keep up with Helen and her wolves.
"Here we are." gasped Helen as we descended darkened basement steps. Helen had let go of the leads, the dogs barking and scratching frantically at the door.
As Helen opened it, the dogs went bounding up the hallway, dragging their leads like whips as they began chasing a cat out through the back.
"Di! Di! Come and see who I’ve brought to meetcha!" shrieked Helen, pulling me along the passage like some trophy.
Diana poked her chubby little face round the doorway and screamed. We all did! The cockatoo which had been perched on her shoulder squawked a profanity before flying off, to cling upside down to the curtain rail. What came round the door was a round face, smothered in some horrific white mask, with only the dark pits of eyes staring wide, the head covered in yards of white-flannel turban.
"You cow!" exclaimed the shocked voice as the bandaged head quickly disappeared out of sight.
The dogs, meanwhile, had chased the terrified and bushy-tailed cat out into the garden and were now running amok.
"I’ve brought Ricky…"
"Richard." I corrected.
""Yea. I’ve brought Richard back to meet you, Di. You get dressed and I’ll get the cat!" shouted Helen as she ran out into the garden to rescue the cat.
"You said you’d be a long time, taking the dogs for a walk over the fair. I’ve only just washed my hair and put on a face-pack." wailed an unhappy voice from within the bowels of the flat.
I stood in the hallway, not sure what I should be doing. The cockatoo had fluttered its way down from the curtain-rail and now strutted around the carpet, letting off loud squawks. Helen came waltzing back in, slamming the back door shut with a foot to keep the barking dogs at bay. In her arms she cuddled a wide-eyed tabby-cat, its claws jammed into her jacket. She made small mewing sounds to soothe the moggie.
"Make yourself a cup of tea, Richard. Do something till old misery-guts gets herself presentable."
Making my way out to the kitchen-come-lounge, I stood to take stock. Now, I’m a naturally lazy sod. I’d sooner drink a cup of cold water than put a kettle on but, to be left in a strange house with not a clue as to where anything was, left me scratching my head.
"Let me do it."
Diana, dark hair hanging limp, face freshly scrubbed from the mask, wearing a white-robed gown, set about making the tea with deft hands. She did not look at me and I could sense her embarrassment at being caught out.
"I’m sorry about the mess." she said as she busied herself.
"It’s quite alright. I shouldn’t have come." I answered, hoping she would turn to face me. I could see she was short and dumpy, a real cuddle from the shape inside her dressing-gown.
With a cup of tea in hand, I sat in the front room, contemplating my future. The three moggies, two gingers and the scruffy tabby, lounged in the other chairs, closing and opening their eyes with impersonal winks. I could hear whispered conversation as it drifted in from the kitchen, then Helen poked her head round the corner of the door.
"Won’t be long now, mate. Di’s getting dressed." she said, giving me a suggestive wink.
My cup rattled as I set it down in the saucer. Boy, I had surely struck it rich this time! At last, a little dolly to call my own. What had started out as a bad evening now seemed to be full of promise. Gotcha! I thought. Tonight I would be tickling a strumpets’ crumpet! At last, Diana, bless her, came into the room, her plump little body all wrapped up in a long woollen coat, head covered by a knitted ‘Noddy’ hat.
"Shall we take the dogs for a walk?" she asked in a half-whisper.
Seeing the dubious look wrinkle my face, she continued to whisper… "It will give Helen time to do her ‘Night-Things’ before she goes to bed and leave us in peace."
Whatever ‘Night-Things’ were I wasn’t quite sure. I would have thought, seeing the way Helen was dressed, she’d have just dived into the pit fully clothed. Still, if it got rid of Helen, taking those hounds for a walk was a small price to pay. The night air was chilly and Diana dug deep into my arm as we walked. The dogs tugged urgently at their leashes, nearly dragging the poor girl off her feet. Gallantly, I took the leads from her. I would take charge of the monsters. Diana hugged me tight and I could feel her warmth. I fervently trusted our walk would not take too long.
Where it came from, I’ll never know. One minute we were walking, talking, lover’s out on a stroll with their pets… The next… A cat had run out from behind a clump of bushes, stopped in front of the dogs with hair on end, back arched, hissing like the devil incarnate, before streaking off down the road, the dogs after it with concentrated effort. Unfortunately, the leads were wrapped around my wrists and I, hapless creature, was dragged along with them, my shoes trailing sparks till we hit the rose bushes. There is little more to be said in this chapter. I, a broken man, nursed many bruises and scratches from razor-sharp thorns as I made my way home in torn and muddied clothing. Diana had run back to collect Helen, who, having stopped just long enough to shout… "Don’t worry, it’ll be alright. We’ll round the dogs up!" before both women rushed off into the night.

© 2014 ron s king


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on February 16, 2014
Last Updated on February 16, 2014

Author

ron s king
ron s king

London, Kent, United Kingdom



About
I am a writer and poet of a number of books with an especial fondness of poetry, Free-Verse, Sonnets, etc. I have written over forty books, all of which are published by Lulu. I am also an Astro-Psy.. more..

Writing