Love Forever

Love Forever

A Story by poeticspirit
"

"

He pulled his nails slowly through the tufts of her long brown hair. He felt obliged to take the tape off long enough to kiss her.  She didn’t resist. She felt hopeful this was a sign of his love. He placed a needle on her neck and pressed the plunger down. The whole world became darker and darker.

Lauren worked for Gen-Etics, a company that grossed a billion dollars last quarter. She was a shy lowly cog in the wheel of corporate America. Having only dated once and being called out over her inane inability to leave her work at work, science was Lauren's only beau. It wasn't till she met the quiet but handsome Tobias Revdac who worked 5 Labs down that she felt anything. He bumped into her one day while she was carrying a stack of papers to her lab. They ended up getting coffee in her lab's break room and made small talk. She was naïve and didn't know much about what she referred to as “the popular culture.” She was homeschooled, went to Harvard all her life and was considered by the faculty as a quiet but talented researcher. Tobias was outgoing and friendly with many people, filling the void of companionship she looked for. Besides her lab mates’ small talk and her cat Carbon, she had never had time to cultivate lasting friendships.  She married him a few months later at the local courthouse.


He cut the plastic off the construction zone in the terminal. He had shorted the cameras and was carrying Lauren's unconscious body to a track that was going to be sealed over. He placed her carefully on a cot and smiled. No one would miss her. He had told her they were going to Germany for their honeymoon; Lauren had been excited to be with him and travel for the first time.  Her family thought she was moving to Germany to do research.  She didn’t call them much anyway, and the only notice they got was a letter and her cat on their doorstep.

He would love watching her when she woke up cut, bruised, and broken she would never forget him as she died.

Lauren opened one eye. The other was swollen shut. Her skull was on fire, and her arm felt broken. She endured all the pain stoically, and she now looked feebly around for a way out but, she couldn’t even lift her head more than an inch; Lauren noticed the room was sealed shut. She wept uncontrollably wincing in pain after each sob. Her tears trickled in a light pink stream onto the floor. No one below thought anything of water dripping from the tiles, no one thought anything of her.

 

© 2016 poeticspirit


Author's Note

poeticspirit
Please help me improve. Even fixing grammar or ways to make my writing better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on September 2, 2016
Last Updated on September 2, 2016
Tags: murder, love, psychopath

Author

poeticspirit
poeticspirit

Boston, MA



About
I'm a happy person who writes dark short stories. I'm never sure if I'm any good, so I'm hoping for honest feedback. more..