I wrote what came out.

I wrote what came out.

A Story by Clarisse Nanoit
"

The title says it.

"

It’s May 11th at 10:00 p.m.

Friday, the day of my journalism banquet and my all-important APUSH test, Mom finally decided to turn on the air conditioner for the first time this year. I was praising God when I heard the great news.

Well, today was Mother’s Day, and I woke up early to get ready for church, as with every Sunday. It was unusually nippy, so we turned off the air and opened all the windows. They’ve been open all day.

I said all that for no particular reason. Just to set the mood… it smells like the outside all throughout my house. That’s important for you to know.

See, after 10 more week days, the summer officially kicks off for me, because I’ll be free from the bounds of Ridgeland High, and I’ll have the summer to my-creative-self.

Actually, my plans for the summer are to get cracking on some screenplays I need so desperately to write. Well, let’s be honest. I’ll probably have some babysitting to do. I need some money, for real.

There I go rambling again.

What I wanted to say is that since I can smell the end of school from anywhere in my house, it feels like one year ago. Next week, one year ago, was the last time I ever saw HIM.

HE was the first guy I ever really, really fell for.

That’s not important, really, though. I don’t even feel anything for him anymore, even when we’re IMing each other or talking on the phone. What I wanted, really, to say about that is that all the elements are lining up for me to look back and see 20/20.

You see, it’s been one year almost, and that’s definitely enough to get me remembering.

Also, it’s been about a year (maybe more; I’m not sure) since I joined Writerscafe and starting writing about my experiences with HIM.

Also, I just watched a movie that was kind of like a replay of a little over a year ago in my life.

It starred Adam Brodey and Kristen Stewart. AB’s character, Carter, got dumped by this girl he really liked, and it tore him apart. He wanted so desperately to write about (as he was a writer), but nothing could come out, because it just wouldn’t.

God, how that snipped at my heartstrings like a friggin’ pair of scissors.

More than anything, that movie made me wanna:

  1. Write
  2. Run
  3. Listen to my iPod
  4. Move to a Michigan suburb, even if just for a summer

So, I’ve always had some sublife (does this poetic liberty even make sense?) need for more culture than my life allowed. I enjoyed it so much Friday when my friend took me downtown and we went into a bunch of art stores and a used bookstore with squeaky wooden floors. We went into this one store where my friend accidentally broke something, and the lady that worked there didn’t care and she showed us a sexy dress and encouraged us to show cleavage. Oh, yeah. Back on topic (But before we get back on topic, there was a stuffed lion head in that store).

See, something I’ve been noticing: it does my heart so much good when we pass this house at the end of my street, and there’s a sign that says "ART SALE", and I can see that art out back, and it’s pretty, and I’m glad to know that someone near me has a need for culture themselves, and they can create it.

There’s also this house on the way to church, and in their backyard (I can barely see it over their wooden fence), there’s this shed that’s been completely covered in graffiti. It’s gorgeous. I love it. I want one.

Well, the wind is picking up, and so is my need to paint (My mom got me this gigantic piece of cardboard at the store the other day; the people there were just going to throw it away, but my lovely mother is smart, and she knew I would want it. So, she got it for me, and I’m going to paint on it this summer with this paint Mom got for me a little while back. Maybe I’m a good painter. We’ll see. Lucy, KS’s character in In The Land Of Women was a good painter, and it made me wanna try it out), so I’m gonna jet. I need to close my window and get in the shower. Tomorrow there are EOCTs which stands for End-Of-Course Tests. I had a good time rambling to you.

-KH

© 2008 Clarisse Nanoit


Author's Note

Clarisse Nanoit
The website didn't mess with the alignment or spacing one bit. That's really how I wrote it. Hope you get it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Haha. I want to see the painting when you are done. =]

I liked reading your work, even if it was just you rambling. It's always interesting to hear from you. And HAVE FUN with the break. Mine has yet to come.

-K!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
1 Review
Added on May 11, 2008

Author

Clarisse Nanoit
Clarisse Nanoit

GA



About
By clicking on the link above, you can play a vocabulary game, and for every question you get right, sponsoring businesses donate enough money for 100 grains of rice to feed hungry people across the.. more..

Writing