S[he] Be[li[ev[ed]

S[he] Be[li[ev[ed]

A Story by poppypappypoppet
"

Carmen Anders is a regular girl. When she beats the system of one of the dirtiest crimes of the world kicking and screaming, she somehow gets back into the system. Will she survive the journey again?

"

Chapter 1 Beginning of… Something

 

This old guy walked into the room.  I could barely focus on him.  It looked like he had three heads.

He strutted over to me and I just stood there as he licked his lips and he looked me up and down. If I wasn't so fucked up on drugs I would have been disgusted and puked up anything in my stomach, which is something else I couldn't do because I can't remember the last time I ate anything.  The ache in my stomach was dulled from all the drugs the pimps and madams put in my veins.

 

The stranger ripped off the barely-there black scanky lingerie before he unzipped his pants and tore off his underwear.

 

 "Now you better be worth what I'm paying for," he growled before he shoved himself inside of me.  I just sat there in silence.  Thump, thump was all I could hear over the sound of him grunting. It seemed distant somehow, not there, which was fine with me.  His beer stomach crushed my small frame.  He was putting all his weight on me and I could barely breathe.

 

He slapped me across the face when I would not moan and call his name signaling that I had surrendered to his control, as he wanted. I kept my mouth shut even when he grabbed my breast and squeezed so hard I wanted to scream and lay down and wallow in pain.  Only when he had bitten down on the inside of my legs and stuck his whole hand up my a*s did I finally relent and scream what he wanted.

                He grinned and I could see his yellow, rotted teeth.  This continued for about 3 minutes before he finally came inside me.  They never use condoms. If I get pregnant, they simply just give me a shot and send me back to work as soon as it is over; trust me, it has happened before.

 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

                            10 Months Earlier

 

 "Oh my God! Carmen, you should totally wear that!" my best friend, Katarina, screamed as I stepped out of my bathroom. I smiled and shook my head at her.  I walked to the mirror and looked myself up and down.  The yellow sundress came to right above my knees. The dress allowed a good amount of skin to show but it was just the right amount. The neck came down just enough to show a little bit of cleavage and the spaghetti straps emphasized the frailness of my arms. The dress just made me look like a pixie: sweet and harmless which pretty much describes me. I’m not the girl you’ll ever see on the front page of a magazine for being reckless and daring. No, I’m the girl that likes to be in the background, and this dress just didn’t do that for me.

I nodded my head at her.  Kat was your typical southern California chick.  She has the blonde hair that goes halfway down her back.  She's tan and she's about 5'7".   If she's the all round California girl, I look like an ugly wannabe compared to her. I slightly frowned at myself in the mirror.  Unconsciously, I twirled my orange curly hair in my fingers. I flicked my neck so my fringe wasn't blocking my eyesight. My hair was just a little past my shoulder blades. I never understand why girls have their hair so long I mean is it not heavy and doesn’t it get in the way?

 “I think I’m going to die my hair black like Vanessa Hudgens,” I say grabbing a piece of my hair in my fist and looking at it distastefully.

 "Why?" Kat asked, startled. Usually I'm the person who doesn't like change, but this year is going to be different and what better way to change than to change your hair color?

 

 "I'm getting tired of my hair. I think it's time for a change. Heck, maybe I'll actually go one a date this year!"

 

 "No offense, Car, but just changing your hair color won't make the world spin in the opposite direction," sound Kat from the bed.

 "I know, but still.... Let's go to the carnival," I said exasperated.

 Kat agreed and off we went.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

 

                Once we got to the fair we rode every single ride except the Ferris Wheel.  We always save it for last   because then it’s dark and all the lights everywhere are turned on.      I was thinking about this when I ran into something hard.

  "Damn! Ow, that hurt!" I groaned out in pain rubbing my wrist that I stupidly tried to catch myself on.

 "Oops, my bad," a deep sexy voice said. I saw a hand three times the size of mine reach down to help me up.  I grabbed onto it thankfully.

 As I stood up, I got a good look at the wall I ran into.  'And I must say, it was a sexy wall,' I thought to myself.  I must have said it aloud though, because he chuckled.  It was deep and melodic.

 

Very sexy.

 "Hello, I'm Kale Wellington," he said formally, but with a smile on his face.  He had a slight British accent that made his masculine voice even more dark and sexy.

 "I'm Carmen Anders," I smiled and replied in what I hope was a flirty voice.  Don't look at me like that! I'm new at this.  I'm the girl that's never been on a date, had her first kiss unless you count when I tripped into Mike Armstrong when I was 12, and never even held hands with a guy.

 

 It must have worked because he smiled even wider, if that was possible at all. 'I wonder if he would ride the Ferris Wheel with me. Kat already has a guy,' I thought.

 

 "Care to ride the Ferris Wheel with me then, Ms. Carmen Anders?" he asked. I liked the way my name sounded on his lips. 'I wonder if he can read minds. I'll have to ask him later,' I thought.

"And no, I can't read minds," Kale said with a grin.

 "Then how'd you know I was thinking that, hmm? You must be like Edward Cullen, except hotter! You're a vampire, aren't you?!"

 "Well, if I was a vampire I couldn't tell you, now could I?" He chuckled and added," And I never reveal my secrets." He winked at the end for more effect.

 

                I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand in a friendly and flirty way.  There wasn’t sparks but I never really believed in that stuff anyway.  I tried to let go of his hand, but Kale wouldn't let go.  He smiled down at me and we headed off to the Ferris Wheel hand-in-hand. It was like he had stepped out of my happy place. I tipped my head upwards and looked at the moon. It was in the shape of a crescent.  The glow seemed to give Kale this otherworldly look.  He looked like he was an angel sent from heaven that was specifically made for me.

© 2011 poppypappypoppet


Author's Note

poppypappypoppet
ignore grammar problems and if anyone has any ideas for future chapters tell me please!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on November 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 25, 2011
Tags: carnival, student teacher

Author

poppypappypoppet
poppypappypoppet

Brooklyn , NY



About
hey my names Kenny and I'm not really from Brooklyn but I want to be!! I'm 14 as of this year and so psyched to be able to get my permit next year! You can find me on Wattpad and Booksie under the sa.. more..