The Love Quadrangle (Part 2)

The Love Quadrangle (Part 2)

A Story by Jeremiah Jordan
"

Another writing exercise, this time to tell a story based on a series of journal entries. Note that currently this short story is unfinished.

"
---
To Future Dorks Wishing to Be as Awesome as Samantha Jones (FDWBASJ),

    This week in my amazing life, I helped Jennifer Djong build the first prototype of her "love balloon."  This was a triumph of engineering, but my doubts about it's effectiveness as a boy-snagging/snogging device have been steadily increasing. Once aloft, there will be no way for Jennifer to procure her "man-meat" in any way other than some kind of sky-hook...

Wait, a sky hook may be just the thing.  I'll call Jennifer.

Yep, she's on board, we will commence working on the sky-hook tomorrow after band practice.  I also informed her, once again, of my concerns that she is ignoring her chief rival to her peril.
Hanna Jenkins is dangerous, she must be dealt with swiftly and surely, like a cavalry charge to dispatch the enemy general.

Ooh, that's a good one, I'll add it to my "quotient of queenly quote-ables."

---
Dear Diary,
    The "love balloon" is successfully distracting Samantha.  My plans are grandiose enough to grab her imagination, but awkward enough to demand her full attention.
The only problem is, I don't have any idea what to do to even get Jarred's attention for a split second.  Here's the executive summary of my overall process:

Step 1. Get Jarred's attention
Step 2. Woo (The verb, not the exclamation, nor the Chinese action-movie director)
Step 3. Profit!

But so far, I can't even get step one down.  I'm almost beginning to feel like asking Samantha for help on this.  No.  No that's a bad idea.  I must figure this out myself.

*sigh*

I can't figure it out.  Maybe I should talk to Professor Galloway, she has such a unique perspective on everything.

---
Science Log (date):
    The young Jennifer Djong approached me today, with a social conundrum of such intensity, her normal cool and scientific demeanor was compromised.
Her query was as to how to gain the affections of the young alpha male of her tribe.  I must admit I was caught off guard, and it took me some time to find the appropriate book.
I loaned her my "Mating Rituals of the Lower Uganda" by anthropologist H.M. Wellingsworth.  The young females of the "Zangala" tribe anoint themselves with colorful muds and chalk, and wear elaborate headdresses made from the feathers of the local psittaciformes.

    I sensed that the book alone was not sufficient to alleviate her distress, so I assigned her an extra credit paper on the reproductive behaviors of Praying Mantises, the females eat the males after copulation!  A fascinating subject which I'm sure she will be delighted to research.

---
Hey Face-Journal readers,

    Man, today was pretty sweet.  I scored three touchdowns and got a 'B' in biology.  The only really bad part was this strange girl I'd never seen before.  She was wearing clown makeup or something, and a huge feather stuck out of her headband.  She started dancing and waving her arms in a weird hypnotic pattern.  I tried not to laugh, but my buddies thought it was so hilarious, I couldn't really help it.  I wonder if she's a foreign exchange student or something.  Hanna got pissed and started pushing us guys towards the locker room.  That's why I like Hanna.  She knows it's not cool to make fun of weird people from other cultures.  Oh, my mom baked cookies today, they were awesome!
    Hanna and I are going to the "Grue, the preborn" concert tomorrow.  I hope they do their "Beneath Sorrow" song.

    Sometimes on days like this, it's easy to forget about what happened last year.  I wish I could forget it forever.

---
Cheerleader Meeting Minutes:

Hanna Jenkins: Let this meeting come to order.  First order of business, the young miss Jennifer Djong.  Her bizarre behavior is a direct violation of her social status.  "Brains" like her are to be seen and not heard.  She must petition to join a more popular group before approaching any members of the varsity football team, let alone the quarterback!  Any counter-arguments?

Dakota Archer: I must bring to the attention of the group the fact that "Brains" are often unaware of the social implications of their actions, many of which cannot even conceive of importance of the social order.  I request a reduction in penalty for this Jennifer Djong, due to her "Brain" status and her willingness to tutor the more beautiful and popular free of charge.

Hanna Jenkins: Noted but dismissed on the grounds that ignorance of the rules is not a sufficient excuse.  Any other comments?

Kristy Putcha: I don't think that the group should spend more time on the deliberation of miss Djong's guilt, for it is clear.

Yasmin Mitchell: Second.

Hanna Jenkins: Very well, then I declare Jennifer Djong guilty of Inappropriate Social Climbing.  Also in light of her bizarre behavior at the time of the climb, I'm going to make an example of her by assigning the strictest punishment allowable, double humiliation.

All: *gasp*

Hanna Jenkins: Cynthia?  Please carry out the sentence at the next opportunity.  Also, due to the incredibly low social status of the guilty party, I want you to use the "outcasts" as the delivery mechanism.

Cynthia Conn: Yes high-cheerleader.

Hanna Jenkins: Any old business?  No?  Meeting adjourned.

© 2012 Jeremiah Jordan


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 29, 2012
Last Updated on July 29, 2012
Tags: romantic comedy unfinished short

Author

Jeremiah Jordan
Jeremiah Jordan

Portland, OR



About
Computer programmer, husband, father, autodidact, sci-fi enthusiast, fantasy enthusiast, game player, game designer, nice guy. more..

Writing