Human Life to Candle Life

Human Life to Candle Life

A Poem by Al
"

How to find beauty in whats simple

"
You go into the store, smell different candles until you find the perfect one. You took the time to get the perfect candle.
But did you?
As a new candle, it has a specific scent until you light it for the first time. The scent is slightly different. It's not enough to throw the candle away, it just surprised you.
Once you light your candle, it's yours for it's entire life. You could give it away but it will always be your candle.
We light candles to commemorate certain times in our lives ; to mourn the loss of our loved ones, when were overcome with passion. For every good time and bad, your candle will be there to hold those times.
We have our struggles, sometimes a baby isn't a good fit, so we find a good family for it but no matter what that's your baby.
When you first laid eyes on your baby, everything seemed perfect. But once you brought your baby home, your sleep schedule changed. It's not bad enough to give your baby away, you were just surprised. For every good and bad time you will always have someone at your side, your baby.
You light your candle and go on with your day.
Your baby wakes up and you go on with your day.
You blow your candle out to give it a rest.
You lay your baby down, they need to rest.
Your candle will stay lit as long as you protect it and care for it. The flame will stay lit until it's time for it to take a break, or it runs out of wax.
Your baby will thrive in life until they need to take a break, or their time runs out.
Some candles don't last as long as others, they had some defects, some weren't as strong as the others.
No matter how you see it, both will light up your life.

© 2017 Al


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on May 24, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2017

Author

Al
Al

Northfield , VT



About
About me, I'm kinda just a typical 21 year old smartass with an illness considered rare called Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome. It's hard to describe so we'll call it hell, feel free to look.. more..

Writing