Writing Prompt - Sky Diving

Writing Prompt - Sky Diving

A Story by Dandelion
"

Jess's goes sky diving with her best friend. She hopes that she'll get through that dangerous experience quickly without a bump...

"

Anna always won when it came to an argument. ‘’Small but mighty’’ was the best way to describe my best friend. Unfortunately for me, she also loved sky diving.

‘’Come on, Jess! Stop being a wimp for once. You’ll see, it will be fun!’’ she told me for the billionth time on the way back from school.

Even though I absolutely feared heights, I knew that she would eventually convince me to do whatever she wanted, like many other times in the past. It was impossible to decline an offer from Anna Valentine, no matter how much it seemed unpleasant.

‘’Fine! I’ll go to your stupid sky diving’’ I finally answered in desperation

‘’Yay! I knew that you wouldn’t let me down!’’ shouted my friend in excitement.

I knew that it would end up being a huge experience, both fascinating and scary, yet, It never occurred to me that day that this event was going to chance my life forever.

 

                ‘’This is crazy. I should have never listened to you!’’ I told Anna while being up in the sky in a tiny airplane. These were the final moments before we had to jump. ‘’AND’’ I continued. ‘’You never told me that I was going to jump ALONE!’’.

‘’You’ll be just fine Jessica. Look, you can see the whole city from up here!’’ said Anna while pointing the view through the opened doors of the engine.

‘’No… I don’t want to look. I can’t… I need to get out of this plane! Oh, I think that I’m going to throw up.’’

‘’Well, then at least wait until you’re out of the plane.’’ jokingly answered my so called best friend.

A few seconds later, I was unexplainably standing on the edge of the doors and the strong wind was slashing against my heavy equipment and face. I looked down and only saw microscopic trees and further ahead, the city of Toronto. Anna was right, you could see everything from up here and the view was very beautiful as the sun slowly faded behind the CN tower. For that moment of distraction, Anna suddenly pushed my closer to the edge.

‘’Now remember what we learned’’ while pushing me off of stable ground. The last thing I heard while falling at high speed was ‘DON’T FORGET YOUR PARACHUTE!’’ and then, the most unexplainable thing happened; I was being hurtled upwards by something very strong.

When I finally decided to gaze up and saw a gigantic eagle carrying me as if I weighted nothing. The beast was literally four times bigger than me! I was shocked but the big amount of adrenaline in my body let me realize how beautiful the bird was. With his long wings and gracious beak, I noticed that he was nothing any other eagle that I had the chance to observe in my life. When I was finally dropped gently to the ground, the bird stayed by my side and observed me in curiousness. Quite honestly, I felt like my soul was being decoded by his two glittering eyes and unwillingly, I lift my arm in the desire to touch the eagle’s feathers. They were very soft at touch and while the beast didn’t move, I could feel the intensity of his sight on me.

A few seconds passed in stillness until he stretched his wings, taking one last sight in my direction before flying at an impressive speed up in the clouds and finally disappeared.

© 2016 Dandelion


Author's Note

Dandelion
In 11th grade English class, my teacher assigned a writing prompt to the class with the title as our only guidance. Some may find it childish but I had lots of fun writing it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it shows that you had fun writing this, it was fun to read. Best friends can make us do a lot of silly things, and sometimes it turns out very unexpected. I loved the eagle coming it, I definitely didn't expect that but it was a moment of panic put against something safe. I really liked that.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Dandelion, what a great name. It's one of my favorite weeds. I love to pluck them up out of my yard and smash them to bits. I really hate them... well, not really hate, but not fond of them either. But as to your story. Aren't best friends the greatest? They get us to do all sorts of silly things, like walk a picket fence after drinking a full bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill. Don't try this, by the way. It's not a smart thing to do, unless you want to get even with your best friend.
But about your story. It was so easy to read, and very enjoyable, as well as humorous. I enjoyed it a lot. A few mistakes here and there, but no biggie. I bet you find them on your own, and besides, I'm too lazy to go back and point them out.
Great story.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
2 Reviews
Added on January 5, 2016
Last Updated on January 5, 2016
Tags: sky diving, writing prompt, falling, adventure

Author

Dandelion
Dandelion

Atlantic , Canada



About
Hi! I am 20 years old and I just rediscovered my writerscafe account. It all started in my English class this year when my teacher asked the class to write a short descriptive writing. It could be.. more..

Writing