Stainless steel is yet another metal

Stainless steel is yet another metal

A Poem by printedyoga
"

Stainless steel is yet another metal

"

Stainless steel is yet another metal that we commonly use for several purposes such as stainless steel buckles, strapping tools, banding, sign brackets, wing seals, etc. However, though it is so commonly used, it becomes important to grade the type of stainless steel being used for the products and then, use the product which is composed of the most appropriate grade of stainless steel. We have commonly heard of the type 316 stainless steel, 201 stainless steel, 304 stainless steel, etc. It is important to understand that each grade or type of stainless steel is most beneficial if used for the appropriate product. Every type of stainless steel grade has some advantages and disadvantages and consumers need to be aware of their available options and the best of the options. The most common stainless steel product that almost everyone of us uses at home is a cookware, can be even a waterless cookware! When you choose any utensil for your kitchen, you of course ought to be careful in undermining its composition, benefits and risks. For the cookware range, you would probably choose the pieces of cookware, choose the steam control mechanism type (i.e. steam valve or the thermo knob control type), etc. Note, that the essential composition of a waterless cookware is the type 304 stainless steel.

Of course, it has its own advantages and disadvantages over the type 316 stainless steel.The Type 316 Stainless SteelNow, 316 stainless steel grade is a typical molybdenum bearing type which is considered second important to the type 304 stainless steel. However, the molybdenum in this type 316 stainless steel provides better general corrosion resisting properties than the grade 304.

The former type particularly offers high resistance to crevice and pitting corrosion in the chloride environments! The grade 316 stainless steel is also known to have excellent welding characteristics. There is also the low carbon version of the type 316 stainless steel, called the grade 316L which is immune from sensitization. The other extreme of this is the 316H i.e. the higher carbon version which is best applicable at heightened temperatures. For the cookware range, of course the type 304 stainless steel does offer temperature and corrosion resistance, an ease in cleaning as well as the protection of flavor. Of late, a few companies have started using the type 316 stainless steel in the manufacturing of cookware.

However, it is noted that this type of stainless steel is best useful for marine applications, while the type 304 stainless steel is more applicable in the cookware industry. But even in the marine applications, items such as screws, nuts, bolts, fasteners, etc are made up of 304 stainless steel. When we compare both the grades of stainless steel, it is observed that the differences are almost negligible. Each of them have their distinct advantages and disadvantages for a variety of purposes. For instance, for an exposure to harsh sea conditions constantly for a whole week, the 316 stainless steel type would last longer. Plus, if the conditions are exposed to higher sodium chloride conditions, this type of stainless steel is the idea option. However, the majority of cookware is better preferred in the 304 stainless steel type.

© 2017 printedyoga


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on August 4, 2017
Last Updated on August 4, 2017
Tags: Stainless steel is yet another m