01. The Seagull

01. The Seagull

A Story by Priscilla Sousa

Walked around the block, went to take some coffee. 
I had a pretty rough day, was really tired but didn't wan't to go to sleep. So I wen't to Progresso, my favorite spot.
I mean, there's good coffee and great coffee, but there are no words to describe the one from Progresso. It's quite heavy and intense, it has a certain magic in it, nothing like I've ever tasted in my life.
I usually go there on thursdays, in the morning, but this time I really had to, even though it was almost midnight.
As I walked slowly through the dark and dirty street that leads to the cafe, I saw something quite strange: there was a man laid on the floor, without moving. I felt nervous, didn't knew what to dom but I had to make sure everything was ok. Got closer to the moveless man and a white bird was on top of his head. 
Got even closer, it was a seagull. And, step by step, as I got even closer to him, I saw it: the shinny white seagull stinging his eyes, eating his eyeballs and slurping the flesh from the holes. The man's facecovered in dirt and blood, deformed and ruined. The evil look of the seagull as she ate out his eyes and sucked his meat. 
I ran to Progresso, shaking all over. Took my coffee, nice and slowly, as I watched the bird, waiting for it to go.
But I've learned the lesson!
Never take coffee at night time, all by yourself, at Progresso
You might catch on to some weird things...

Frank Waffle

© 2016 Priscilla Sousa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Your account flows from the divine flavors of coffee, to the horrors of a dark night out, to the wisdom of drinking sips perhaps at dawn when the world is awakening in more splendor and not dressed in bizarre garments. The journey with you there was a wild one to be sure, dear poet!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 24, 2016
Last Updated on November 24, 2016

Author

Priscilla Sousa
Priscilla Sousa

Porto, Portugal



About
le petit prisca. more..

Writing