Something Wicked Comes This Way

Something Wicked Comes This Way

A Poem by Falanne Shanta
"

A dream that was beginning to spiral down the path of existence. It's as if it was a premonition.

"
Something mighty wicked comes this way. It's brewing like a dark storm. I can feel the goosebumps on my arms...the hairs on the back of my neck standing...the darkness that's trying to smother the light and I am petrified. You wanted nothing else to do with me, and yet here you are with that smile making me forget the memories and succumb to your every needs. Incubus you are as you latch on to my body and arouse the pleasure that has the ability to give life. I'm awaken with the burdens that you have caused. Why are you haunting me in my dreams? You're the eerie feeling, the figure behind the shower curtain, the bump in the night, and I'm petrified. Something mighty wicked has come this way and it plans to plant a seed to hold me captive in the mind. You intrusively keep inviting your way back in and the more I fight you, the more unstable I feel. You're the monster under the bed, the nightmare in the closet, the father to the life we almost created and I'm petrified. You are the epitome of Satan himself. This to shall pass, because nothing lasts forever. This grip you have on me will loosen. And it'll be me celebrating victory. Because you're the silhouette in the dark corner, the haunting music, the knife that stabs me and I'm petrified. You watch as my strength melts from my face. And just like always you take my comfort away, but instead on this stormy night...I take back every ounce of energy I gave you. You're no longer the darkness that surrounds me, the hands that choke me, the creepy knock at the door so I'm not longer petrified. This storm of you has passed. Or at least I thought, my nightmare has became my reality. 

© 2018 Falanne Shanta


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on March 20, 2018
Last Updated on March 20, 2018
Tags: poetry, poems, relationships, dreams

Author

Falanne Shanta
Falanne Shanta

San Diego, CA



About
I'm just a southern girl with a love for writing. I want my readers to be able to relate to my feelings as well as me to theirs. My sister once told me, "it's a blessing to use words to inspire" and w.. more..

Writing
May 6 May 6

A Poem by Falanne Shanta