The Burning Man

The Burning Man

A Story by Priya Tyagi
"

Flash Fiction: A man traumatised with the guilt of a bystander.

"

Ravikant’s mobile was pitch black. It contained a dark secret that had been sold to the vultures. How could he? But…but.. 5 lakh rupees. “What life can you build on the foundation of death?”, a soft dead malicious voice hissed. “But then, someone’s pain is another man's gain."

"Bhaisaab, your crackers. Happy Diwali!” He took the packet and hurried back home. "Papa. You are the best.", chirped his son, as he snatched the bag from him. Ravikant watched, stupefied, at the tv screen. “Religious fanatics lighted a man on fire” The sin he had filmed was burning naked on the screen. He could feel the heat so close.

“Papa, look at the anar.”, clapped his son, as he lit one on fire. A giant heap of guilt, he fell to the ground, sobbing madly, he cried, “The fire! It burns him! It burns me!”

© 2015 Priya Tyagi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm sorry to say, I'm really having a hard time understanding your stories, perhaps because I'm not that familiar with Indian culture.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Priya Tyagi

8 Years Ago

Hi Karen,

This story is flash fiction where I have tried to tell the story in less th.. read more
Priya Tyagi

8 Years Ago

But, I guess you are right. I should probably increase the length of the story and explain it in det.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

94 Views
1 Review
Added on July 18, 2015
Last Updated on July 18, 2015

Author

Priya Tyagi
Priya Tyagi

gurgaon, India



About
I write because it's the most definitive quality that I have. I have never considered anything other than writing as a true passion. I want to become a successful published writer like so many here an.. more..

Writing