Melting Heart

Melting Heart

A Story by underneathme

Winter, my favorite season just bloomed white. You are in the warmth of a hug always. The wool, scarf and gloves do the job, but you feel pampered by the season itself. As I got out of my bed, I whispered to myself, "emotional hangover again!". The icy air had blurred my window from out. It looked even blurred while I struggled to adjust my vision to notice the actual frost. 
Winter always had this mild brightness that my emotional hangover can bare. I suddenly wanted to draw on the window. May be I can gulp my sorrow for a moment there.
Before I could reach, my phone buzzed. I came back to answer it, though I was unsure of answering.
I couldn't recognize the number, still I took up the call.
"Hello?"
I didn't hear anything back.
"Maya!? "
My heart thudded for no reason.
A familiar voice.
The phone had disconnected. My room became dark. The frost on the window grew that the window appeared snow built. I can never draw again.
I began to froze as if the voice from the call cast a spell on me.
I was covered with ice! Frozen!
An ice statue perfectly carved! I couldn't move or feel or cry or talk! It wasn't hurting me either. 
But, I can THINK !!! Am I still alive!?
Who called me? Why did I pick up the call when I didn't want to!
I didn't want to end my life!
I started to think of all the persons who were the bricks of my life. 
Whom I even ignored, without whom I wanted to handle this all alone! 
I thought I would die only of growing cells! This definitely was not a side effect of cancer! I began to think with all my brain, which indeed was away from the growth. 
I began to think about most cherished memories. My first pet, the time me and Sia laughed during the choir on stage :'), the time I first kissed Vir, the first far away destination that I took my parents to !
As I slid through the pictures that my brain unfurled, I failed to realize that the ice was melting. 
The room was lightening, the window back to its blurred state. I quickly realized that I shouldn't live in a nut and in pain. I wanted to fly even if I had broken wings. Until, I could. I leaped towards the window, ready to fly. I loved the winter deeper than ever. I now knew, what I wanted to draw. I drew a heart that could melt anytime.

© 2019 underneathme


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on May 19, 2019
Last Updated on May 19, 2019

Author

underneathme
underneathme

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India



Writing
Numb Numb

A Poem by underneathme