Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer.

Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer.

A Story by psychohell
"

The end of the world bought about by ignorance, hatred and docility.

"

It happened in 2012, coming into a new era of denied responsibility the countries of the world decided, once and for all, life was uncontrollable and must be destroyed. The worlds global financial crisis, bought about by groups retreating in fear from a sudden realisation the old snugly cocooning boundaries of glorious history were about to disappear, drove us in to a messianic final push towards fantasy resurrection.

Creating a idealised couple to be the bearers of hope, fantasising they would produce a messiah to bring us our solution, we found our path to death unobstructed. Britain created the coalition government, the third party becoming undifferentiated from the idealised couple, America had Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton, Europe had Angela Merkel and Nicolas Sarkozy, amusingly christened Merkozy. Three idealised couples bought together to give hope of a future, their Messianic offspring forever denied birth because should they ever be produced we would be exposed to the unacceptable truth, we were the only solution.

Should such a saviour be born, the image of the idealised couple would be seen as the absurd illusion it was, the reality of power to which we submitted would be exposed as a fraudulent lie. Responsibility would have fallen at our feet, we would be forced to acknowledge our complicity in our own vile hatred for life and our own part in societies and the worlds ills.

Submitting to the punitive non-solutions which were offered as solutions by our creations, we fell to our knees, grovelling in the mud while the group body was thoughtlessly flagellated by our mindless state. We protested at first, rationalising we were asking for something better, in reality we knew the hand that beats us cannot be begged to offer mercy. We were willing, docile sacrifices to power, deliberately forcing a limitation of freedom under the rationalisation it was for our own good.

Eventually the single currency fell, and was swiftly followed by the break up of the European union, each country retreating into a paranoid shell, everyone blaming everyone else for the imagined catastrophe. Country boundaries quickly returned to the taut, nationalistic, patriotic skins of former years, once again we all knew who we were, and where we belonged, security was regained with our retreat into serfdom.

Labour finally dissolving the pretence of opposition to the coalition, Britain moved overnight into being a undisguised one party, three tier tyrannical state, Government, Military, and Police ruling the willing slaves with utter contempt.

Despite thousands of years of history to contradict our insane illusions power and control will solve every conceivable problem, we still strove to find security from our terror by utilising these evil twins. Driven by denial we hypocritically believed we had a monopoly on truth and justice, and had the right to force this onto others. The British people finally bought about a fulfilment of their psychotic wishes, falling into a war trance, our nuclear missiles turned on our former allies. All Nation groups cooperated with one another, following a suicidal script we all willingly offered reasons to be attacked, the threat of World war three soon loomed.

Historically war was used as a cleansing ritual, designed to enable rebirth into a guilt free new world order, traditionally children are the sacrificial lambs sent to die. However, now we were in the nuclear age, a fact which couldn't possibly be beyond our awareness. If war was ignited, not just those we designated as worthy victims would die, we all would, and it would, unlike former wars, leave little if any life in its wake; Nothing would be left from which a new world order could be nurtured. Could the only conclusion be that the imminent world war was to be the last act in the human drama, a suicidal final curtain, was 2012 to be the end of our reign as Earth's dominant species?

All dominate societies throughout history destroyed themselves, now there was a fundamental difference, the lingering effects of globalisation. Never in history had all nations read so closely from the same script, catastrophic collapse was no longer confined to one nation, today we faced the collapse of the species.

And so it was on December 21st 2012, Britain launched its arsenal of nuclear missiles, the news reporting it was a pre-emptive strike, the evil enemy was to launch their weapons imminently, as with Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya, we couldn't even claim self defence. We had killed the world and, even if we were capable, we would never feel the shame of our genocide.

I don't know when I will die, I imagine it should be minutes, but as I stand here waiting, I think I am glad. I am sick of watching my species decimate life and deny they have done it, I am sick of hearing opinions and thoughts on why everyone else is always deserving of punishment, hate, or slavery. I am sick of it all.

I am not religious but if there was a heaven I wouldn't want to go there because, in the thousands of years of promises the human species has made, never once have we had the courage to take responsibility, why would we imagine our acceptance into heaven would change anything? Of course, in truth, there is a heaven, it is called Planet Earth, and we have waged a war upon its skin for centuries, homicidally attacking all signifiers of life. It seems pleasantly satisfying, upon our self inflicted extinction, cockroaches will inherit the earth.

I can see the missiles now, I am on my way to death, I would say goodbye, but I think the phrase most apt for the occasion is, “F**k you.”

© 2012 psychohell


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on May 5, 2012
Last Updated on May 5, 2012
Tags: end of world, nuclear war, economic collapse

Author

psychohell
psychohell

United Kingdom



About
Aspiring writer. Good humoured, blunt, naughty, sincere, honest. more..

Writing
chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by psychohell