It’s Time.

It’s Time.

A Poem by Phoebe Taylor
"

Not so much a poem, but more of a spoken word straight from my heart.

"
Mental health days are just as important as sick days, don’t let anyone else tell you any different.
Mental and emotional well-being is the pinnacle to living a healthy and fulfilling life.

Without mental and emotional harmony, life can get very messy, and we find ourselves trapped.
We become stuck in a darkness, a darkness that knows no light, a darkness hanging above our head, a darkness of no escape, and a darkness that we fear most.
I’m sure a lot of you have known this darkness, I know I certainly have.

But we can fight back!

Know your demons. Learn to live with them. Become comfortable with them around, because they will never really leave you. You just become stronger, smarter, more equipped.

It’s okay to have a bad day. A bad week. A bad month. A bad year even; but don’t you dare tell yourself that this is a bad life, because this life is beautiful! You are beautiful. Those demons that you face everyday make you beautiful. You are a lot stronger than you think.

There are many extraordinary things in this world, and you are one of them.

So whatever it is you’re going through right now, just know that you will come out on top.
It’s okay for you to feel overwhelmed right now, in fact, that’s exactly how you should be feeling.

Good things take time, so make sure you take all the time you need to get back up on those feet.
People will stare, people will talk, and people will judge. You just keep on doing you, you know what’s up. They have absolutely no idea so who cares what they think!

Be proud of how far you’ve come, and be proud of what you’re doing because it ain’t easy.
With that strong heart and strong mind of yours, you can conquer anything.
Believe in yourself, like I believe in you.

© 2019 Phoebe Taylor


Author's Note

Phoebe Taylor
Ignore any grammar problems.
But please, tell me what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You do not always come out on top in life. By your photo, I guess your still a kid stuck in the Barney phase of life where you love all and all love you. And that is NOT how life or the world works. Until you realize that, you will be in huge trouble when real life comes calling. And know this...if the harshness of my review hurts your feelings...then my point will merely be proven.

The world is a dark, lonely, evil place, and if you do not get tougher and lose this "beautiful dreamer" baloney, you will be in for a rude and painful awakening. The beautiful, happy, loving world you dream of does not exist, and dreams are not reality. You are living in a dream world. You are not a bad writer. Just ignorant of the world.

Posted 2 Years Ago


I think as a rallying call it has good intentions but could seem to some just a tad patronising. You tell many truths in this for one so young but as a mental health professional and someone who has his own demons (read about them in my poetry lol), I sort of felt this to be more of a lecture?

Posted 5 Years Ago


I great pep talk to those who suffer from metal health issues, but don't want to rise and seek help with it. I too have suffered from this darkness - this internal monster - and have written about it too (check out "Face Not the Dark Alone").

But what a way to come back from your hiatus! Well said!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 2, 2019
Last Updated on April 2, 2019

Author

Phoebe Taylor
Phoebe Taylor

New Zealand



About
I like to be a voice for those that don’t have one. more..

Writing