Do you Ever feel that life happens too fast?

Do you Ever feel that life happens too fast?

A Story by purple_engima
"

A commentary or maybe even a story about how our lives can seem to breeze by.

"

Do you ever get the feeling that things just happen way too fast? time and your life meld into one shimmering mass flying evermore forward, faster and faster and faster. The more you chase it the more it seems so incredibly far away. Its like a fickle dog prancing continually forward while you stumble and stutter leash in hand. At first it is apprehensive continuing at a slow pace, creeping instead of running. After all you are only a child so the animal shows restraint allowing you to come to terms with your life. Every grazed knee and every toothless grin all following a steady rhythm along the line of your life. The world around you is colourful and everything though moving along slowly spreads and sprawls out, the colours spreading wonderfully around you. Bright and bursting with adventure. 


But now you've grown a bit more and so the leash tightens in your grip as you edge faster along. The world goes by a bit quicker, your in high school surrounded whether you like it not by masses of familiar things. Your days begin to meld into one and before you know it you've finished high school. The memories of a simpler time have spread out too much now, only a select few items are ones you can picture properly. This is often quite a nostalgic time and you might look back and try to remember a time when the dog didn't move so fast. When everything was simpler and brighter. despite the small distance that time is starting to feel out of reach. 


You might even try to resist the change, you might think "if i can make my life more exciting everything will slow down." or maybe you'll think "I'll travel or I'll get a job". You tighten your grip and stamp your feet, screaming and struggling fiercely against the change. But regardless of how you choose to live your life the leash continues to tighten and you are inched further and faster along the line.


Or alternatively you might try to ignore the lead and pretend like nothings changing. Stay at your own pace, without looking up and without seeing the dog running further and faster in front. This is almost a cruel thing to do. The more you ignore it the further it gets away and the further you lay behind. But eventually the slack will tighten and you will be brought dazed and confused into a life many paces in front of where you thought you were. The space you covered in that time morphs into an enormous dark void. It is not warm of inviting, not bright and colourful instead it lays behind you dark and desolate.  


But maybe its not the speed you are scared of, maybe its not the fact that everything is becoming so incredibly far apart. Though you may not admit it with something moving so often and so fast eventually everything must end. The line must stop and you must stop with it, ages away from the start. 

 

© 2017 purple_engima


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on July 17, 2017
Last Updated on July 17, 2017

Author

purple_engima
purple_engima

sydney, Kellyville, Australia



About
I generally write sparingly as a way to evaluate or cope with certain thoughts that i have sometimes, other times I do it for fun. I pretty much just put it here so people can read it and maybe get so.. more..

Writing