The clock struck midnight...

The clock struck midnight...

A Story by LynLee

The Clock Stroke Midnight

"Don't forget to lock up Hunter!" Conor yelled.

 

"I won't!" I yelled back. I waited till I heard the door close, then I sat back with my feet on the desk and my magazine in my hands. It was only a magazine full of different Halloween costumes, but was still a little interesting. I was flipping into the little kid section when I felt my phone vibrating. I took it out of my pocket and flipped it open.

 

"Uh hello?" I said.

 

"Ya, hey." I instantly knew it was my girlfriend, Violet.Then I looked at the phone and saw on the caller ID that it said Spencer.

 

"Why do you have Spencer's phone?"

 

"Spencer is way too drunk to even hold the phone."

I laughed. He was always getting trouble. "oh."

 

"So, how's work? Must be fun. Sitting with all those creepy dolls and mask." I smiled to myself. She hated me working here. She thought it was really bad luck, especially since I was working on Halloween until midnight.

 

"It's a lot more fun when someone is working with you. Anyone want to volunteer?"

 

"Hunter Gandy! I will never step foot in that place! Way to creepy." I started laughing and heard her join in. Then a loud beep interupted our laughing. I looked at my phone. "6% battery left."

 

"Ah man." I whispered.

 

"Battery almost dead?" She asked.

 

"Uh, ya. 6% left. Sorry." I heard a loud sigh.

 

"That's ok. I gotta get home anyway. The party's getting way too wild anyway."

 

"Your at a party?" I asked surprised.

 

"Yah, Anne invited me." Then another beep.

 

We paused a few seconds. "Well night, I love you."

 

"Love you too." I said smiling. Then I heard a click and the call was ended.

I looked at my phone and it automatically turned off. Dead. I put it down and thought,

"I charged my phone before I left. Didn't I?" Weird. I sat back in the chair and started back in the magazine. I was flipping through the pages, when I got bored and put it down. I started to look around, humming a song stuck in my head. "Secrets" from One Republic. I got up and walked around the store. I walked over to the wigs and picked up one that had dreadocks on it. I took it out of the bag and stood in front of the mirror. I placed it on my head and started to act like a hippie. It was sort of funny. I picked up small round, purple sunglasses. I looked even better, but my clothes didn't match. I walked over to the costumes and looked for a hippie. I saw a few in the kid section, two in the womens, and finally found one in the mens. I picked out the size and went to the dressing room. I looked around before I went in and figured it'd be okay to go in.

 

I walked out wearing the hippie costume. It was a little loose, but that made it better. I stepped into the big mirror and examined myself. Then I started to act like a hippie. I walked around with my fingers in a peace sign. Then I passed a costume of a guy being a hamburger and said, "Whoa man! You shouldn't eat meat!" I felt funny talking to a picture and figured it was time to get back to work. I walked into the dressing room and started to change back into my clothes. Then I put the costume back into the bag and walaked out of the dressing room.

 

The dressing rooms were really cool. They made it look as if the hall went on forever, even though it was only twenty feet long. There was only eleven dressing rooms and each had a theme. Of course I found the hippie theme and used that one. I finally made it to the end and wiped my forehead as if I was wiping sweat. "Whoo, I thought I would never make it!" I laughed inside of my head and opened the door leading back to the store.

 

I put the sunglasses back and the costume and realized I was still wearing the wig. I took it off my head and tossed it back onto the shelf. It didn't matter they were already a mess.

 

I turned around and started to walk, when my foot stepped on something hard. I looked down and saw a torn up doll on the floor. "Good-bye." It said in a weird raspy voice. It was really creepy looking. It was a girl or was it a boy? I couldn't tell. Half it's head was yarn and the other half looked burnt. And they made it look as if it was something made from scraps of people. It was all stitched together, yet it was falling apart. I picked it up and twisted it in my hand. Then I looked at the front. "Man, the people who make these things are seriously disturbed." I walked around the store and saw the others like it. I put it back on the shelf, next to a fake chucky doll and an emo raggedy ann.

 

Then a huge "BANG!" came from the other end of the store. I looked over and saw the huge grandfather clock saying it was ten o'clock. The banging kept going and soon got annoying. I ran to the other end and took out the hands. It stopped banging and stood still. I put the hands on the floor and walked over to the desk. It was really boring inside the store all alone. I turned on the computer and pulled out my history notes. I tried to find something on the Spanish-American war. I rubbed my hand on my face. Why would a teacher give us homework on Halloween? Everyone goes out on Halloween!

 

I found a few things and started jotting them down in my notebook. I soon grew so bored of that I fell asleep. I didn't know how long I'd been asleep, but I woke up to another loud banging noise. I looked over the the clock and saw that the hands were still out, so I looked around the store. I saw one of the mechanical things banging against the wall. I walked over and saw that it was the one called, "The prisoner." It was just an old lady in a wheelchair who was in a straight jacket. I looked over to pull the plug out of the socket. I looked behind her and reached behind to pull it out. I had to push the wheelchair everytime it came back. I kept feeling, but didn't feel anything. I got up and walked to the other side and discovered that it wasn't even plugged in. Thye plug was sitting there on the floor.

 

The device suddenly stopped, then the wheelchair turned towards me. Nothing controling it. I backed up and saw that the old woman's head was down. Then it slowly started to move up. I tried to run to the door, but I was stuck. I looked down and saw my feet were just melting. I mean literally melting. I couldn't pull them up at all. I tried with all my might and they just kept melting. I looked back at the old lady, only this time, she was real. She had real skin and real hair and sat in a real wheel chair. I looked into her eyes. They were beady red and evil down to the core. Then she started laughing. The creepy evil laugh, with her head thrown back and everything. Then she suddenly stopped laughing and looked at me. Her beady red eyes norrowing. Then she smiled, revealing her ugly crooked and broken teeth. She then closed her mouth and started to move the wheelchair. "When did the straight jacket come off?" I thought to myself. The wheelchair kept coming closer and closer. Faster and faster. I put my hands up to my face and waited for the impact.

 

But all I felt was a rush of wind. I opened my eyes and took my hands away from my face. I was back in the store. I looked at the crazy lady in the wheelchair. It was still moving, but was plugged in. I took in little breaths and let them out. In and out, in and out. Then I unplugged it and took in a huge breath and let it out. She stopped moving and I felt better. I walked back to the desk. I looked back to the crazy lady and the thoughts came in, "How was that possible?"

 

I looked down at my notebook and back to the crazy lady, only this time she was moving again. I didn't take a chance. I grabbed my stuff and rushed out of there. I didn't lock up or turn off the lights. I rushed out and ran to my car. I could hear her laughs ring in my ear as I got in my car. I turned the engine on and got out of the parking spot. I went pass the store and looked to my side. I saw her sitting there smiling. And on her side was the creepy doll. It was mouthing the words, "Good-bye."

 

I got home and went straight to my bathroom. I splashed water in my face. I heard my mom come into the room, "Honey, why did you come home so early?" It was only eleven o'clock when I got home.

 

"Uh, nothing was going on so I just locked up early." I lied.

 

"Okay then." She sighed and walked back downstairs. I got into my bed and turned out my lamp. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep.

I dreamt about Violet and Spencer and the party. I bet it was fun.

Then the nightmare came back. I was back to where I was. Sinking, not able to move. I looked back to her wiht pleading eyes. She had the same red eyes. She had scars on her face and wasn't in a straight jacket. SHe started laughing again and came at me. The only difference this time is that......... she killed me.

* * *

DEATH REPORT

WHERE: ____THE HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL_____

 

ESTIMATED TIME OF DEATH: __12 AM____

 

PERSON(S):________HUNTER GANDY___19 YEARS____________

 

PARENTS: ____JONIE AND RICKY GANDY____

 

SIBLINGS: ____LORI GANDY_____9 YEARS_____

 

CAUSE OF DEATH: _____BLEEDING TO DEATH- ELECTRICUTED SEVERAL TIMES-TRAMPLED AND RUN OVER__________

 

EVIDENCE:_____________LAYING IN BLOOD- SEVERAL BURN MARKS- SPARK PLUG ON FIRE- PLUG INDENTED INTO SKIN WHEN FOUND-THIN TIRE MARKS ON FACE AND BODY____________________________________________

 

WITNESSES: ______NONE____

 

OTHER: ____TWO RECALLED ITEMS LAYING NEXT TO DECEASED- "THE PRISONER" HALLOWEEN DECORATION AND VOO-DOO DOLL HALLOWEEN DECORATION___________________________________________________________________________________________

© 2010 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
wrote for halloween may not be the creepiest thing, but i tried to make it really creepy

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think it might have been a little creepier if you hadn't kept using the work creepy, because that made it seem like you were really trying. Also, there were some grammatical errors, so you might want to go back and read it over to edit it. Other than that it was really good and I hope to see more like it later this month.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

288 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 6, 2010
Last Updated on October 6, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee