Stitches PT 3

Stitches PT 3

A Story by LynLee

There she was, sitting with her hands tucked in her lap and her feet sitting at that princess angle. And she did it all perfectly. She saw me walking up and she rushed towards me and grasped me in a hard hug. I pushed her away and fell to the floor in pain. She knelt beside me and put her hand on my back. I flinched in more pain.

"Oh honey you not okay. Uh, nurse!"

"No!" I yelled. "I'm fine." And I got up grabbing my coat and walked towards the doors.

I could feel her soft blue eyes staring at me and I fell into guilt. I turned around and found that she was right behind me. "I'm sorry." She said. Wait, what? What was she sorry for?

"I probably shouldn't have hugged you. I mean you did just get 114 stitches in your back!" I stared at her for a second. She started smiling again. It was almost one of those creepy smiles, but it made you believe that the person was good. I smiled back and said,

"And I'm sorry I jumped on you like that. It just hurt when you hugged me." It felt weird saying this to a teacher/counselor.

"Oh, well that's okay sweetie. Let's get you home." And she motioned me towards a little red bug.

She opened the door for me and I set my things on the ground then got in. She closed the door behind me. I watched her walk to the other side of the car and when she got in. It all felt weird. 

"Okay, let's get going." She put the key in and started the car.

 

It felt like forever sitting in the car not talking. I thought it was espiacally wierd that a counselor wasn't talking to me. I thought she would be jumping at me for answers to her questions. No, all she did was thump her hands on her steering wheel to some Beetle's music. I leaned against the window and watched the trees go past us. I started looking for something familiar, but I didn't find anything. Did she even know where I lived?

"Um, Miss,"

"Deprew."

"Uh, okay, Miss Deprew where are we going?"  She smiled over at me and I got that creepy feeling again.

"Were going home sweety." Then suddenly the world went black.

I didn't like, passout or anything. Everything just literally went black. The trees went black, the car went black, my things went black, even my clothes went black. But Miss Deprew still wore her brightly colored clothes and her eyes were still that bright blue.

She suddenly undid her seatbelt and got out of the car. She peered into the opening of the door and said, "Well, you coming or not?" I just sat and stared at her. She sighed and said, "Well okay, but if you stay out here the little demons will get you." I looked at her in confusion. "Demons?" I said.

"Yes demons. Now come on, it's almost nightfall." Okay, now I knew it was a dream. I burst out laughing and she stared at me with a look of seriousness.

"What are you laughing at? I'm serious, they will be coming soon and they want you." Then I stopped laughing.

"You can't be serious. It's pitch black darkness out here and you say it's almost nightfall, also there are demons and they want me? Wow, this has to be a dream." Something over in the darkness started to breath very heavily. We both looked over, but I couldn't see anything. "Quickly, we must go."

"Wait, wha,"

"We must go NOW!" She yelled and I could have sware I saw her eyes go from baby blue to a bright red and possibly little shark teeth, but it dissapeared as she kept her cool. I grabbed the things that I could and rushed out of the car. Once I closed the door a sudden rush of wind came at me and I collapsed against the car.

 

The darkness was gone and there were only little glimses of light. I was in a grove full of dead trees with no leaves around the out-of-ground roots. I looked around and heard a small laugh. Suddenly someone wearing all black came out of the tree and jumped on me. I fell to the ground in shock. "How could I not have seen her?" I thought.

I heard her moving around me and I got up to look, but all I saw was flash of a blade. It slashed me across my cheek and I felt the hot blood run down to my neck. I reached up to it and the knife hit me across my hand. Then she cut me across my other cheek. I fell to the ground in pain. Grasping my hand, feeling the blood spread on my face.

"Your in my world now." Her raspy voice said. Then the world went black.

 

I woke up inside of a white house, full of windows. My face was in pain and my hand was burning. I looked down and saw that the white couch I was on was covered in little pools of blood. A woman came into the room and I noticed her as Miss Deprew.

She looked at the couch then at me and dropped the tray she was carrying. Water and glass spilled on the floor in a mass explosion.

"Uh, sorry bout' the couch." I tried smiling, but found it hard when my cheeks were all cut up.

She rushed over to me and grasped my chin. She turned my head to the left then to the right. Then she took my bloody hand and studied it.

"Oh no." She said with worry. She dropped down to her knees and I looked at her with curiousity. I still had that feeling of creepiness, but I the warmness was over-growing it. "Oh no what?" I asked. She was staring down at the floor and I noticed it was all grass. Only the grass was white, not green.

"I'll go get somethings to clean up your face and hand." Her voice was shaky and scared. It looked like she was about to cry too. She got up and walked into, I guessed, the kitchen. She opened up a clear cupboard, but you couldn't see what was inside of it, and pulled out a weird looking emergency kit. It was white and if you looked hard you could see an even whiter cross on it.

She opened it and started to dab my face with a cloth. Every time the blood touched the cloth it turned into a yellowish white, then disappeared. "Wow, I guess you never have to wash that." I said, trying to start a conversation. She stopped, looked at me, then kept dabbing. I sighed and just let her clean my boo-boos.

 

Almost an hour later of pain with even more stitches She finally stopped and gave me some kind of erb to drink. It tasted like mud mixed with a wet dog and I gagged at the taste. "You will get used to it soon." She said. I put the awful drink down and stared at her for a long time. She stared back and I blinked and said, "Dang it, I lose." She started laughing and I smiled. She sat back on her heels and let out a long breath.

"Why did you say 'Oh no' earlier?" She stared long and hard at my face and finally opened her mouth and said, "They are marks of her."

"Her? Her who?" She looked over to the windows and leaned into me.

"The one who controls all darkness." I stared down at the earthen floor and then back at her.

"The one who controls this world?" I asked and I could feel my voice shaking. She stared at me, eyes narrow and then they got bigger. "That is only what she intends to do." I stared down at her blue eyes, trying to unlock the things she hasn't told me.

"Is she the one in my dreams?" I almost got scared, thinking I would pass out and have another horrible dream of her cutting me up more and more.

"They are not dreams. Dreams are happier, she is the nightmare."

Whispering and snarling came from the windows. I stared at them trying to see what was making the noises. I still couldn't see anything.

"We cannot talk any longer. The sun has set and darkness has come. We will talk in the morning." She got up and I followed her into another white room.

"This will be your room." It was a plain white room with a modern bed on it. All white of course. And, well, that was it. There were two other doors on each side. One was an empty closet and the other a white bathroom with a mirror.

"Good night. Sweet dreams. I will be across the hall. If you start to have another vision try to scream. I will come to you and try to wake you up." I called after her, but before I said anything she answered my question," You can call me Crystal."

"Uh Crystal," She stood in the doorway waiting for my question, "Were those demons outside of the windows and why did you say they want me?" She stared at me and her smile faded.

"We will talk tomorrow." Then she walked away.

 I put my things on the bed. I had just noticed that they were white instead of black now. I pulled some things out of them and found all my school things and my beloved books. I sat back on the bed and started reading.

 

About an hour later I got bored and started walking around. I was afraid to fall asleep, I didn't want another 'vision.' I looked down at my hand. It was all wrapped up and I could see little bit of the stitches underneath the wrapping. I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. I looked like Frankenstein, all stitched up and un-human. I reached up and touched the fresh stitches. I was still red and little specks of dried blood were on my face. I washed them off with spit and my finger. There wasn't a sink or faucet, and I was not using the toilet water. Once I was done I looked more closely at the way the cuts formed some kind of symbol. Whatever made Crystal freak I couldn't find. All they looked like were straight lines that almost formed some kind of star, but it had six points instead of five. 

I let thaty drop and I sat on the bed and started reading again. 

© 2010 LynLee


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I kinda laughed. Not because of what happened, but because you said Beetles. In any other case except music, you'd be right, but the band is Beatles. I did that before, too. Also, you said "noticed her as Miss Deprew," but maybe it should be "recognized" instead of "noticed." Or, if you want to keep noticed, say that she "noticed that it was Miss Deprew." Or something. I think maybe you should do spell-check for this as well, as there were a few mistakes. But I did NOT expect any of what happened. So far, this is a really good story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow... definitely building up suspense here. I love the twist in plot. Great job so far.

Posted 13 Years Ago


What a plot twist! This chapter totally surprise me. I would feel sorry for the main character (sorry I forgot her name). I hope the counselor is able to keep her safe.
Thanks again for the request! You never disappoint.

Posted 13 Years Ago


wow. Very well written. You have a very vivid imagination and I could see everything you wrote.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 14, 2010
Last Updated on November 14, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee