Stitches PT 4

Stitches PT 4

A Story by LynLee

I finally woke up and was relieved I didn't have another "vision." I could smell fresh eggs and panacakes coming from somewhere in the house. I still couldn't get over that fact that I was in another world, or dimension. I pulled out a small journal from my bag and wrote, "Is this another world or another dimension?" It was my ninth question on the list and I was going to ask all of them this morning.

 

 

My nose followed the smell and in no time I found myself sitting on a stool eating the best breakfast ever. "Wow, you are one wicked cook." I looked up and smiled at Crystal.

She was wearing a bright yellow dress with a pretty flower pattern on it. She aslo had a hippy headband on, only it was really skinny and had a small crystal hanging from it. 

She kept flipping panacakes and I kept waiting for her to drop them, but she didn't. Finally she put them down and started to watch me eat. I had my face buried in syrup and didn't notice at first. "Uh, what are ya' lookin' at?" I asked, my face full of panacakes.

"Just watching your movements." She said, with a blank expression. I wiped my mouth with my sleeve and started to watch her too. "Why?"

"Beacuse I need to know how to train you." I dropped my fork and stared at her longer.

"Train me for what?" I asked almost not wanting to hear the answer.

"For her." She looked down and I noticed a chain going into her shirt. I stared at it and she finally sighed and motioned for me to walk over to the couch.

I noticed it didn't have any blood stains on it. Either she was a witch that hated stains or the couch is magic and doesn't like to show stains. Either way one of them don't like stains.

She sat back on the floor in "criss cross applesauce' position. I sat back on the couch, which was a lot comfier knowing that my blood wasn't on it any longer.

"I know you have many questions." Then she pointed to my pocket, the one with my list in it. I looked down at it and pulled it out. She held out her hand and I put it in her palm. She looked at it for a while then put it down.

"I can only answer some of the questions. Others you will be able to answer for yourself." I sat back and looked at her, then at the list on the floor.

"Okay, so start answering." I said. _______________________________________________________________________________

 

Questions I want answered:

1.Who is "her?"

2. Where are we?

3.What are the demons?

4.Why am I here?

5.Where does everyone think I am?

6.Can cell phones work here?

7.Who exactly is "Crystal?"

8.Can I get internet?

9.Are we in another world or another dimension?

 

_______________________________________________________________________________

"I will answer only seven of the nine questions." I waited patientlly, waiting for answers I wanted.

"Nobody knows exactly 'who' she is. She can appear as many things and anyone. We do believe that she is someone peticular, but do not know who that is. We call her Crimson, as the color of blood."

I listened carefully and wrote down what she said.

"As to what the demons are, they are her servants. Creatures she made herself from the earth. Again we do not know exactly what they are, but they are definatly demons."

 

I kept thinking of what they may look like. Would they look like giant dogs or mutated lions? Maybe like swamp monsters. I got chills because that movie freaked me out!

"And you don't have to worry about family, or any friends you had."

 

"I didn't have friends." I blurted. She looked down and started playing with her bright yellow dress. "Oh, I'm sorry." I only smirked and started doodling on the paper.

"They do not even know you exist." I looked back at her. I felt like the twilight zone just smacked me in the face.

"There memories have been erased and your parents have another teenager to look after in your place."

"Wow, after all the years I wanted to be invisible all I had to do was go see the counselor." She smiled.

"I was also never a 'counselor.' Simply what I did to make you come to me."

"But,...... why me?" I stuttered.

"That is a question you will figure out yourself." I sighed and waited, again.

 

We talked for a long time, answering different question. Even ones not on the list, like "What do you put in the panacakes?" And stuff. I also found out that internet and cell phones don't work here.

I looked out the windows a lot. I was starting to be afraid of what the demons were. I also wanted to know what they could do. If they caught what would they do? What would 'Crimson' do if she got me?

Why does she want me? 

 

Crystal started playing with the chain in her shirt. I focused on it, then I looked at the things I had written down. She never refered to herself, always 'we.'

 

"Why did you always say 'we'?" She stopped playing with the chain and looked up at me. Her eyes were black as coal and looked watery.

 She pulled at the chain in her neck and revealed a big black amulet. It looked very old and like it was about to fall apart.

"My mother gave me this. It is the Amulet of Cladai."

"Cladai?"

"Yes, that would be where we are." Oh, interesting. I wrote it down and looked back at her for more answers.

"It looks old. Was she a queen?" Crystal looked down at the amulet again. She held it between her four fingers and her thumb rubbed the back of it.

"No, she was just a good woman."

"Are there other people here?" I blurted, not meaning too. Obviously she was close to her mother.

 

She kept looking at the amulet. "What happened?" I asked. 

 

She looked around the white house and stared at the windows, as if expecting people to come out of them. I was expecting Ashton Kutcher to jump out and yell, "You just got punk'd!" But he didn't and neither did other people.

 

"Everyone died." 

© 2010 LynLee


Author's Note

LynLee
please ignore spelling mistakes! i know its short.... the next part will be longer....or not...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Lol I liked the Ashton Kutcher part. I think he's hilarious. Anyway, I love the suspense at the end, and either I'm getting used to your writing style or your writing style is getting "better," but I didn't see anything that didn't make sense, so great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow. No, I think the length was fine. I like the fact that some of the questions she had in mind were deep and some were more random like "do cell phones work here?" :) Creative. I really like the way the story is going so far. So much more than I imagined at the beginning.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good job. I like your story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I'm worried about 'her'. I don't want anyone to get hurt! I hope the main character (I can never remember her name) will be trained.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 16, 2010
Last Updated on November 16, 2010

Author

LynLee
LynLee

Where I am free, VA



About
Hola, me llamo LynLee. De donde es Earth. Me cumpleanos es Noviembre 24. Me gusta es escribir. Sorry had to practice my spanish somewhere. I'm LynLee. I'm fourteen and I am a writer. My best frien.. more..

Writing
Believe Believe

A Poem by LynLee


Dark sunset Dark sunset

A Poem by LynLee