day..after

day..after

A Story by Melody

Hmm.. may be life is not as bad as it seems to be. yea, should be optimistic even after failing many effort in life. human has a wonderful power of self-recovering.

:)

 

Yesterday is a day better than what i've expected. bf asked me to join him with a trip to KTV along with his friends. as we have cultures different and used of different language, and i can understand partially meaning of their converstation most of the time, still i can tell that they are nice. there were three guys and two gals including me. i tried to talk to the other girl but seem that she doesn't talk much.

first , the guys play pool. bf said he doesn't know how..but actually he used to play in the past and he's quite good (in my opinion). and later they taught us girls how to play..and by luck i got a few lucky ones. hehe

 

later we went to the KTV to sing songs. we spent like 6 hrs in there. and i did sing few songs. his friend who has karaoke at home, sings like professional which embarrassed me. actually i used to be in gals school, and don't really used to talking to guys..still feek that it's like fate which brings me and him together.

 

guess i think too negatively of him. he's the type that doesn't show his feelings much. and he doesn't really like singing. however he made effort to sing songs that really surprised me. and later confessing that he tried to memorise the lyrics of those my favourite songs. which really touched me. and i feel a bit of letting him down only admiring his friend who really good at singing.

 

it was really late late yesterday when i reached home. could say to be the very first time reaching home so late.

 

still i think it's a great time i had.

© 2010 Melody


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

:)
I feel like writing diary more than story.

Posted 13 Years Ago


These are basically journal entries wanting to become an Essay, a story, or a poem". I am sure if I were able to understand your language that these "Journal entries" would read more fluidly. Journaling is a great place to start, but if you really want to "write", rather than Journal, whether in your language or any other,you should first study story, personal essay writing or poetry. Reading others work and reviewing is a great activity for that.
Considering English is probably a second, third, or fourth language for you, I would have to say that your brilliant and that whatever you want to learn, you will. English is my only language, so I am more limited than you in that way and probably in many other ways as well. LOL
Anyway-decide what you want to do first and then get a good book or two on the topic, whether it be Journaling, Essay writing, poetry or Prose, it's always a good thing to read a good book on the "genera" your interested in, from an author who has been successful and understands the Genera.
It strikes me that you may love the "personal Essay" genera, as your entries are of a "documentary" nature and very personable. Let me recommend a book by an author named Phillip Lopate It is called "THE AR T OF THE PERSONAL ESSAY" and it is a wonderful guide to writing an "interesting and entertaining" personal essay. The hefty introduction is well worth the price and is rich with so much insight that it will help you to "fly". It also has personal Essays from the Classica era up to modern times. So there is also a lot of good reading. Good luck with your search. I like your attitude and to me, that is more important than anything.


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on August 6, 2010

Author

Melody
Melody

bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand



About
i'm in uni 3rd years. living in SEA. i likes music. i like playing piano. i have nothing much to do this holidays. Horoscope: libra hobbies: exercise, look after dogs and hamster. more..

Writing
The Racing Mind The Racing Mind

A Story by Melody