Happy

Happy

A Poem by IamDale
"

I'm just happy

"
Happy is what I want to call it,
This wonderful day from God.
I feel satisfied and fulfilled,
I feel free and just calm.

You know that strange feeling,
That best moment in your life, years back.
I am here again, feels like 1999,
I, a three year-old kid learning to spell "happy".

Words definitely are better of felt than spelled.
And life is better of simple than complicated.
I go for back to basics than hi-tech,
And I'm better of just good than perfect.

I never dreamed of being the best and being wealthy.
All I ever wanted was to be smiling and having this positive aura.
I always wanted my life, approved by God.
I would trade everything, I tell you for HIS smile!

© 2011 IamDale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Finding happiness in the space between despair and abundance... Priceless.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You don't want to know how old I was in 1999! This is an honest poem, exploring some important issues. I hope you find some answers.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I feel so dated! I was a Junior in High School back in 1999 lol! I know I certainly need more happiness in my life and its poems like this that put a smile on my face and remind me that no matter how dark a shadow a series of events can have upon a person, being reminded of God's grace and his love is eternal and never ending and fills the heart with a warmth where emptiness once resided, if only he were allowed in or acknowledged.

Words definitely are better of felt than spelled.
And life is better of simple than complicated.

These are such powerful words right here, because there are feelings and emotions that people have that have no proper word or connotation within any known language (related mostly to the love of God mostly but we as a people have a myriad of different emotions that cannot be properly expressed through words, only felt).

As of life being better simple than complicated, you could not be more correct. People put too much value on technology or materialism which is quite disheartening if you think about it. Personally a poem written by a friend or love is priceless compared to getting jewelry or fancy things. People need to revert back to basics in order to truly appreciate life and probably will attain more fulfillment and happiness out of life. Excellent poem, my friend. Really made my day. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Cool.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Happiness comes in many shapes and sizes. Having a royalty to your beliefs is priceless. It is wonderful you can have both and live life happily.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 26, 2011
Last Updated on September 26, 2011

Author

IamDale
IamDale

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
I write when I'm in the mood. I write about everything. I write about the truth. I write what my mind tells me to. I write from the heart. I write with GOD :) more..

Writing
If Only If Only

A Poem by IamDale


God's ABC God's ABC

A Poem by IamDale


Color Blind Color Blind

A Poem by IamDale