Beyond Normal

Beyond Normal

A Poem by IamDale
"

People diagnosed with autism are the most creative people I know :)

"
He talks to me like I'm the best person on Earth,
Welcomes me with smiles that hug my heart and soul.
His eyes, so innocent yet so magical to look at,
Wraps me into the wonders of his imagination.

The way he listens, just makes me smile.
He had this seriously listening look, though I know he never understood.
Still, the way he appreciates my mere presence,
Just makes me cry while tumbling in the sky.

He never knew how to read and write,
He never counted from 1 to a hundred.
But he made me feel like I was a hero in a novel,
And an 11 out of a 10.

Just too wonderful for this world, he really is.
Though suffering and diagnosed with a disease.
Just a blessing in disguise, this disease of him.
'Cause the way he is made me have a friend not in need,
But a friend where I sought for help while I'm the one in need.

I never knew how hard it is for him to live inside this society,
This society of dictatorship and unending competition.
He might have been passed over just like a basketball,
But he never drowned himself in depression,
He always looked for the light; and therefore the light hugged him.

His aura just so pure and free,
It makes me feel happy and calm; showers me with nothing put positives.
I know he never seemed normal to you and to them,
But hey, you're all right; his beyond normal.
He's just extraordinary and deserving of nothing but the best of respect!

© 2011 IamDale


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful... u captured it all so well. Can't help but put a smile on the readers face and yet a bit of sadness because what all they do go through, the battles... surgeries, etc. I have seen a glance of this happiness in there eyes sometimes, it is or does seem much different then out happiness at times. Just a glance at there happiness puts a different view at yours. There is so much that can be said about this, but you captured this very well, and it is lovely, well done really, i like this a lot. It is a great poem that touches a readers heart. Thanks for writing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

nice that was just awesome! You're right who ever this is beyond normal out shining everyone with his positive ray to which you speak of creating bliss and happiness. Honestly just reading of the person bought a smile upon my face so thank you for this poem that so many people deserve to read to remember what a smile looks like when its on their faces. Well done with similes, word of descriptions and all =D

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is beautiful... u captured it all so well. Can't help but put a smile on the readers face and yet a bit of sadness because what all they do go through, the battles... surgeries, etc. I have seen a glance of this happiness in there eyes sometimes, it is or does seem much different then out happiness at times. Just a glance at there happiness puts a different view at yours. There is so much that can be said about this, but you captured this very well, and it is lovely, well done really, i like this a lot. It is a great poem that touches a readers heart. Thanks for writing this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dale,

Last para - "put"? or but: the second "his"? or he's

The poem... very, very well said. I mention the end distractions only because they really sell your work short.

Chris

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wish I could take something such as this and mold into something as flawless as you have. I am always enthralled to read your writes. It doesn't matter what they are about or how they are weaved. No matter what they tangle around me and draw me in.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful sentiment!

Posted 12 Years Ago


A very wonderful poem. Written with amazing heart.. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Amazing poem!
You brought out the positive side of autistic children, a side which no one of rarely even tries to see.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Autism makes a child's life hard when born with it but they are smart human beings like any of us. We meet someone who always finds a way to change our lives and this is one of them. This poem shows praise and respect but furthermore, care for this kid.

"Just too wonderful for this world, he really is.
Though suffering and diagnosed with a disease.
Just a blessing in disguise, this disease of him.
'Cause the way he is made me have a friend not in need,
But a friend where I sought for help while I'm the one in need."

Wonderful indeed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Savants of most kinds are very concentratedly... Artistic...autistic being one of the savants...blind and deaf being two most over looked...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Kids with autism just don't learn the same that's all,I know this because my mom is a special ed teacher and most of my friends are autistic.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

420 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2011
Last Updated on October 12, 2011
Tags: Equality, Life, Autism

Author

IamDale
IamDale

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
I write when I'm in the mood. I write about everything. I write about the truth. I write what my mind tells me to. I write from the heart. I write with GOD :) more..

Writing
If Only If Only

A Poem by IamDale


God's ABC God's ABC

A Poem by IamDale


Color Blind Color Blind

A Poem by IamDale



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


OBLIVION OBLIVION

A Poem by Rene Velez


Running Late. Running Late.

A Chapter by Time.