Someone Worth Dying For

Someone Worth Dying For

A Story by Qavah Simchah

You know those people you meet sometimes who just make you feel wonderful? You can relax around them. You can do you whenever you're with them. It's like finding a part of yourself that you didn't realize you needed. But you completely forget about yourself around them and everything in you just wants to make them happy. Even if, often, you act without thinking. You linger around them, finding it hard to say "goodbye." You forget the rules and let them stand too close, let your feet bump, let them touch you. And you stare into their eyes, soo deep. When you're apart, you try to re-imagine that rush you feel when their eyes crinkle with a smile---but you can't re-capture it exactly. Their action of smiling; the unique movements of their mouth, their tightening cheeks, the flash in their eyes... You want to see them smile over and over and over.

...Do you wonder if that's how God feels about us? And what if he can't say "goodbye." What if we're out in a boat buffeted by the waves, and God, wanting to be with us, completely forgets about himself and starts walking on water? (Matthew 14:22-33)

What if he wants to be the reason for our joy, take delight in us, and watch us smile?( Psalm 149:4, Psalm 147:11)

What if he'd give his life for us? ...

© 2014 Qavah Simchah


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on June 15, 2014
Last Updated on June 15, 2014

Author

Qavah Simchah
Qavah Simchah

About
I am a moment person. I love the little moments in life, the things we often take for granted. This is one reason why writing attracts me. Writing wants the moments. Writing demands that you observe t.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5