The escape

The escape

A Story by willowrites

The rusty smell of blood hits my nostrils , so strong that I almost throw up. My mind swirls , and I feel as if my brain's been on a treadmill and it needs to be stopped. The pinkish bruise peeks from my silver bracelet ,the same one that helped me get of out of the rope a while ago .I limp towards the other side of the room stumbling upon the still body of my captor .Mustering up some courage ,I reach the tinted glass door ,my ragged breaths accompanying the deafening silence.
Panic switches off your brain in a situation like this. I close my eyes for a second ;trying to figure out what's going on ,what to do next .But all I see is black ,not even the comforting self delusions this time. There's darkness ...and I'm s**t scared.
I've always felt that the darkness engulfs us in its strong arms ,keeping us sane until the promised dawn .But today, it suffocates me ,so much that I feel strangled by just the air around me. I place my trembling hands on the cold metal handle even though I know that it does everything but open .Next thing I know ,the sound of breaking glass enters the scene, yet this time a shrill scream of agonizing pain does not follow .But a soft satisfying sigh leaves my lips.
I watch the shards twinkling around the soles of my shoes under the starlight. Stepping out ,I take in the cold air which presses my cheek .I look down the empty street as I'm drenched in desperation to reach the stars and never come back,
When the body and brain both are controlled by adrenaline and escaping is the one chance you get to survive ,you run. You run so fast that you keep going even when your body signals you that your tank is empty. My feet carries me as far as I can go, each steps hurting, letting it become more and more real than this night of the new moon...

© 2021 willowrites


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

63 Views
Added on June 26, 2021
Last Updated on June 26, 2021

Author

willowrites
willowrites

kat, Nepal



About
hi..I'm neww more..

Writing
... ...

A Story by willowrites