Abilene Awarded Major Boiler Room Renovation Project

Abilene Awarded Major Boiler Room Renovation Project

A Story by quanypayne

April 7, 2010 - Abilene is pleased to announce that it has been selected for the renovation of the boiler room and heating plant equipment at the Seaview Towers complex located in Far Rockaway, New York.

 

Built in the 1960™s, the two towers that comprise Seaview Towers house almost 500 families. The buildings are currently undergoing a major renovation project; from the basements to the roofs. Abilene’s role will be to remove the existing forty-year old boilers and install a new high-efficiency heating plant in one of the buildings. The second building will be heated via an underground steam supply piping system originating in the boiler room and terminating at a steam-to-water heat exchanger system located in the adjacent building.

 

The building containing the boilers will receive three Best Boilers high-efficiency scotch-marine style steam boilers rated at 350 horsepower each, coupled with state-of-the-art Industrial Combustion combination gas/oil burners. The heating distribution system will be controlled by a Heat Timer hot water reset control system, and domestic hot water temperature will be regulated by a Tour & Anderson (PDF) electronic tempering valve system.

 

Heat and hot water services to the building will be provided by Abilene’s own state-of-the-art Mobile Steam Boiler units so that there will be no interruption of service to the tenants during the renovation project.

 

Construction on the project is currently underway and the new heating plants will be fully operational in time for the 2007-2008 heating season.

 

We will continue to issue press releases to update you on our progress.

© 2014 quanypayne


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on September 13, 2014
Last Updated on September 13, 2014
Tags: Abilene, Awarded Major, Boiler Room, Renovation Project, Abilene Inc, News, boiler and heating services