The Hallway

The Hallway

A Story by The Mad Gentleman
"

Just a normal day in an abnormal life.

"

I walked down the damp hallway, examining every inch of it. The wallpaper was peeling just where it met the ceiling, that was okay, it looked better that way. Every six steps I took I passed through a set of dim lights; some flickering, others dark with death, a beautiful characteristic of the quirky hallway. The ceiling was plain, only a few splashes of color decorated it, though even these were rare. As I saw the marks I took note of where they were so I could come back later to clean them. For now though, I had something much higher on my list of priorities.


After long minutes without change of scene I finally reached my goal. In front of me there was a door, it was on the left side of the hallway, mahogany, and finely carven. Ten meters past it was the end of the hall. An alabaster pedestal stood at the far end. Today it was an obsidian dagger that lay down the center of the pedestal.


Once I had reached the pedestal I stood over it, looking down at today's tool. I could feel the blade from where I stood with my hand above it. I felt as it spoke to me of it's wicked deeds, and of what more it wanted. I knew how it wanted to be used, it wanted to slash open my victim slowly, waiting to kill at the last moment of their life. I was more than happy to oblige. So I grabbed the blade from the pedestal and spun around in time to see the door swing open away from the hall. I watched as they ran into the hall. It was a she today. The woman saw me then turned and took off the other direction as fast as she could. I breathed in one last breath before I brandished the knife and took off. The sweetness of the chase filled my body once again. I already know that she won't make it hallway down the hallway. My hallway.

© 2016 The Mad Gentleman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
Added on November 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 4, 2016
Tags: Horror, Running, Hallway, Chase

Author

The Mad Gentleman
The Mad Gentleman

Orting, WA



About
I try to write well... Try more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Chapter by The Mad Gentleman