I Just Want To Wake Up

I Just Want To Wake Up

A Story by The Mad Gentleman
"

What happens when your dreams become your reality?

"
When at first it began I felt like I was special. Like I was somehow better than others. But the problem is, when you begin to control your dreams it comes at a price. Firstly, you grow tired. Without your mind playing everything out for you , you control what you are seeing, you are in charge of making everything happen. So instead of letting yourself rest, you grow tired. Then it became my norm, I always felt tired, it was a worthy sacrifice so I could live out my own realities in my head. I walked up to the girl I liked and I kissed her, and she kissed me back. I could fly, or jump miles at a time, I could walk on water. All I had to do was deal with being tired. Soon though, I couldn't fly, or be a great person, I was no longer some superhuman deity. I was just a man in a world. One very similar to my own.
Now I can't know for sure, it was either December 28th or May 15th.The day that I could no longer tell the difference between dream and reality. Everything was too similar. I can't trust anything anymore. I don't know what world is mine anymore, which is real and which is dream.Try as I might I am no longer able to discover which is true. I am now living two lives. Where one life stops another life begins. I want to go back to who I was before all of this. I cannot take this any longer. So I have written this note in both worlds. And I will find out for sure what world is reality. If I die in my dream I will wake up in the true reality. If I die in my real life I at least will no longer have to endure this torment. So I bid you all farewell, and I hope beyond hope that you are the dream.
~James Alexander Finch~



*This is a work of fiction*

© 2016 The Mad Gentleman


Author's Note

The Mad Gentleman
One of my less impressive pieces by far, but I would appreciate feedback all the same.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the concept of Perception and living inside your own mind while neglecting reality. But everybody's perception is slightly skewed based on others perceptions. It's not bad at all, though maybe it should have been slightly longer.

Think "The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" or "American Psycho"

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
1 Review
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016

Author

The Mad Gentleman
The Mad Gentleman

Orting, WA



About
I try to write well... Try more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Chapter by The Mad Gentleman