Solstice Eve

Solstice Eve

A Story by The Mad Gentleman
"

Too long have we sat in waiting,it is time for us to once again answer their call.

"
The longest night of the year is upon us and all those eldritch things in the night prepare for their celebration, for now is the time of their remembrance. We used to venerate these ancient beings, these Elder gods; but now their shrines are forgotten and their names unspoken. Those who should inspire fear in our hearts are remembered only by a few. We are ridiculed and pushed to the side for it by the heartless feeble minded followers of a feeble "God." There can be no more, and there will not be anymore.

It is only solstice eve, but much work is already being done. They have declared our gods and our traditions to be dead, but that is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die. Even now sacrifices are being made, blood is being spilt and we prepare for the coming of the Elder gods. Life as we know it will come to an end. No longer will we few walk in the shadow of your "God." You will soon cower and grovel with us in the great shadows of our Elder gods.

Upon the solstice our revenge will be realized, and the world shall know fear once more. Blood in the name of truth. Blood in the name of fear. Blood in the name of revenge. And blood in the name of the Elder gods. You all will join us around our Yule-altar, fungous and white. Whether you chant with us, or you die by us, you will join us in our fear of the long night.

"Whyi! Whyi! Bri icoiw sfos xhcc whyi!"

© 2016 The Mad Gentleman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on December 21, 2016
Last Updated on December 21, 2016
Tags: Horror, Weird-stories, call to arms, Pagan, Elder gods, Revenge, Fiction, Solstice, Winter, Fear, Truth, Reawaken

Author

The Mad Gentleman
The Mad Gentleman

Orting, WA



About
I try to write well... Try more..

Writing
Snow Snow

A Chapter by The Mad Gentleman