Lucain

Lucain

A Story by Rabidporcupine
"

Just a little profile for a character contest, using a character from one of my own potential stories.

"
Lucain is a nineteen year old boy who lives in the capital toy of Granis, Chrana. He has black hair and yellow eyes, an oddity even in the world of the story.

He has no memories from before the age of seven, when he woke up in the house of renowned detective Harlo Melend, after being rescued by his daughter, Fianna Melend, who found him in the streets of Chrana after he was injured in a huge magical storm which destroyed a large portion of the city.

Over the years, Fianna helped Lucain how to speak, read and write, causing him to become even more grateful to her than he already was. Even if he is always wary of her explosive personality, he feels that he owes her a debt he may never truly be able to repay.

(Spoilers for if I ever put this story on the site)

Lucain is not actually fully human. He is actually a spirit of Levitation magic, bird-like spirits which are generally not intelligent or self aware, who was bound to the body of a young homeless boy in an experiment with the purpose of creating an incredibly powerful magic soldier, as well as possibly creating an intelligent spirit. Not only is this why his eyes are yellow instead of a more common colour, it is also why he had absolutely no memories before waking up in Harlo's house, as he was not intelligent enough to start forming true memories until he was bonded to the boys brain, which was capable of such things.

Along with this, it was he himself who caused the disaster Fianna found him in, after the two souls conflicted and caused his body to go on a rampage, releasing huge amounts of levitation magic upon the unsuspecting city. He does not know this, however the boys mind still exists in the deepest parts of his brain, remembering everything he did, and everything he is capable of.

(Spoiler End)

Lucain has a deep enjoyment of drawing and writing, which also helps him assist Fianna in her attempts to become a private detective even better than her father. He also tries to learn martial arts when he can, but this is more the result of Fianna constantly getting into fights than an actual hobby. One thing he doesn't particularly like trying to keep Fianna's more enthusiastic personality check, nor does he like constantly trying to perform damage control in the aftermath when he inevitable fails. He also really doesn't like birds, although he can't really figure out why.

Along with his fear of birds, he is also scared of driving, as he feels he is very bad at it. In reality, he is not actually that bad, but Fianna usually makes him drive while they're on an investigation, and with the way she acts, it usually ends in a panicky, high speed car chase, usually with magic flying all over the place as he desperately tries to escape with Fianna in one piece. Finally, he is also terrified that Fianna is going to get herself killed, whether through investigating something a little to big for them to handle, or just getting into a fight with a suspect (which generally happens at least three times a case) who happens to be just a little too strong, and he won't be able to do anything to protect her.

© 2016 Rabidporcupine


Author's Note

Rabidporcupine
Sorry if its a bit long, I got a little carried away with it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016

Author

Rabidporcupine
Rabidporcupine

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia



About
Well, I don't know what to say here, mostly because I've never actually filled one if these out, but you know, what the hell. I'm an aspiring writer, who looks at everything he writes and thinks its s.. more..

Writing