Fragment #1

Fragment #1

A Story by Marie A. Maya
"

It's just a short story about a boy. This is an old writing.

"
"You're going to find someone else," I said in a whispers, my voice carrying over the pillows.
"You are. She'll be in on of your college classes or stopping by the coffee shop. You'll look over and see the most beautiful girl you've ever encountered. You'll get butterflies from just looking at her and oh god, just the way way she walks will take your breath away. You'll just faintly hear her voice from across the room and the melody will send shivers dancing up your spine. You wont care how old she is or the things she's done in her past or the story behind the jagged scar on her left arm that goes from her inner elbow to her wrist. In that moment, you'll just want her. She'll make you forget about me and the others. She'll whisper secrets into your ear at 3 a.m. and tell you stories about the year her father died when she was eight. Or maybe she won't have secrets or scars. That's what you deserve," I could feel him shift next to me and I looked at his direction, knowing I'll see nothing but black.
"A stable girl with level emotions and clean wrists. A girl who..." I bit my bottom lip to distract myself from the pain throbbing in my chest.
"Who will love you more than herself. More than anything. She'll make you her everything. You'll remember me some days and ask yourself how I might be. Don't call. I'll be far away searching for a purpose. You found yours. You'll be a father to two beautiful children and married to a wife who still takes your breath away. You'll be in love and happier than ever have been if you had stayed," He slipped his fingers perfectly in between mine.
"You'll find her and you'll leave me." He must've heard the slight crack in my voice because he gave my hand a loving squeeze. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath while a tear ran down my cheek. Mentally I cursed myself for being so emotional.

© 2013 Marie A. Maya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

140 Views
Added on September 24, 2013
Last Updated on September 24, 2013
Tags: fragment, love

Author

Marie A. Maya
Marie A. Maya

MI



About
17, stressed, depressed and not even well dressed. I want people to quote me more..

Writing