The nightmare adventure.

The nightmare adventure.

A Story by Rachael Nelson



My life is never exciting like everyone else's, I go to school, come home, eat a snack, do homework, and occasionally go to the movies alone to only find out the movie I was so excited to see was completely boring. Then go home and start all over again. Never did I once think one of the most ordinary days of my life would turn into one of the most terrifying adventures of my life!

I woke up at six in the morning, took a shower, got dressed, ate some oat meal, brushed my teeth, and swung my backpack on my shoulder grabbed my keys and left the apartment, I got to the school at seven forty and the halls were flooded with students, many young and old, small, tall and medium height, some skinny, some fat, and some just in between. Even some from different countries like Mexico, New England, and even Africa. The school was small but was a good place with nice people and teachers. The first final bell rung and everyone started to clear the halls fast like cheetahs running for a gazelle in the wild. I finally epiphany that the halls were vacant and long with lockers and rooms on either side like a horror movie setting, The lights were dim and flickering at the end of the hall way suddenly I felt a chill go down my spine as I walked down the hall way.

I made it to class and the teacher looked over at me like usual and I took my seat at the end of the class room. “This is just another normal day.” I thought to myself as I walked past all the eyes glaring at me as though I did something wrong and was walking the path of shame. “The final bell hasn’t rung yet, so why look at me like I did something wrong?” I said aloud to the class as I got to my desk. “Now don’t say that!” Said my teacher Mrs. Welling in a stern voice and began to mark the students that were in class on the attendance. I finally epiphany that my teacher was a very skinny young woman, her hair was white like snow and her eyes were golden brown like a piece of perfectly cooked toast. I sat down and pulled out my books from my backpack and pulled out my math book, notebook and pencil.

The final bell rung and class begun. The teacher begun the lesson on algebra and the orders of operations, to me everything just looked like numbers and a lot of confusing definitions that let you mix up the order of numbers being divided and multiplied together and being all mixed up with other symbols that made no sense to me on how they helped the algebra or math problems get any easier to solve. Finally after what felt like an eternity the bell rung for the next class to begin. I got up and packed my books and supplies in my backpack and took out my algebra homework from the night before and turned it in as I walked out of class. The hallways were full of people laughing and talking to one another about how one person did this or had something embarrassing happen to him or her, about their trips to Disney land or to the Bahamas. Some kids were sitting against the lockers next to their classes waiting for the teachers to let them in some students were standing near the lockers reading a good book they checked out from the library not far from the school. The school wasn’t big enough to have a library of its own so some of the students would go a block away from the school and check out some books at the library after school or during their free periods. My free period was next after history class, which I always fell asleep in and was constantly lectured by my teacher to stay awake in class or I’ll flunk and end up back in his class again for the third year in a row.

I heard the first final bell ring and once again the students cleared the halls like cheetahs running for a gazelle in the wild, I got to my history class quickly because it is across from my algebra class, I took a seat in the almost vacant class room and took out my history book, notebook and pencil. I looked over to the white board at the front of the room and began to write the lessons down and the objectives I opened my book to page two hundred and seventy eight and began to read about the cold war. I soon heard the final bell ring and the teacher say to read from pages two hundred and seventy to pages three hundred and nine. “That’s a lot to read in just an hour.” I said to myself. “The rest that you don’t read will be your homework and to write a two page essay on what you read.” Said Mr. Dagon. Soon the class room went silent, it was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop to the floor. Looking down at my book reading about the cold war, I soon started to fall asleep when suddenly I heard my teacher yell at me “Wake up!” Yelled Mr. Dagon. I quickly lifted my head from my desk and looked around sleepily to finally epiphany that class was over. “You slept through class again.” Said Mr. Dagon. “I’m sorry.” I replied. “You have free period now right?” Asked Mr. Dagon. “Yes” I said. “Good then stay here for free period write a four page essay on why you shouldn’t sleep in class. And this will count as a grade for you.” Said Mr. Dagon. “Yes, Sir.” I replied and started to put away my history book and began to write a four page essay on why not to sleep in class. I finally got done and it soon got dark outside I turned in my paper to my teacher who was still at school preparing for the next days classes. “Good job.” Said Mr. Dagon. “Thank you.” I said. “Well see you tomorrow.” Said Mr. Dagon. “OK.” I said.

I left the school and began to walk home it was dark and cold that night. I always walk past the park on my way home from school usually it is bright out and the field is full of kids playing soccer, running around, and flying kites. The play ground is full of little kids swinging as high as they can go, and some hanging upside down with other kids seeing who can stay upside down the longest before the blood rushing to their heads gets them too dizzy. The sound of the kids laughter echoed long and far through out the field and play ground. The field was dark and vacant there was no sound of laughter. I kept walking past the park suddenly I felt a chill go down my spine like before in the hallway, I turned around to see nothing, I kept walking then I felt a breeze as cold as winters breath on a cold chilly winter night, I spun around quickly nearly tripping over myself I saw something standing at the end of the playground, it was tall, had long arms reaching nearly to the ground, he wore a suit like in the godfather movie, I looked to see he had no face, he quickly garbed me and I screamed and fought but it was no use he was stronger then I was! Soon I felt sleepy and my vision started to blur and I soon passed out. I woke up dazed and confused on what had happened I soon look up to see the man yet again. I ask “who are you and where am I!?” in a demanding voice. “You are here.” Said the man in deep scratchy voice. Looking behind the man I saw a ground as dark as ash, and the sky was as red as blood. I was now scared and even more confused as the land before me went on for miles nothing but ash all around. “Why am I here!?” I asked. “He told me to bring you here.” Said the man. “who is he?” I asked in a frightened voice. “You shall find out soon enough.” Said the man. I turned around to the window to look out again then I epiphany that there was a huge castle not to far from where I was. “What’s that castle up ahead?” I asked. I turned around to see the man was gone and I was left alone in an unknown place with no way to get home. I look over to a mirror and stared into for several minutes then suddenly a girl appears with blood all over her fingers and face. I scream and jump back from the mirror I then ask “Who are you!” In a frightened voice! But then I epiphany that it was bloody Mary! “Bloody Mary.” She said in horrible screeching voice. “You are the chosen one. The one who will end it all!” She said “End it all?” I said in a confused voice. “Many years ago a bad man trapped us all here and only you can stop him.” She said. Then suddenly disappeared into the mirror. “Wait why me?! What’s going on!?” I screamed but she was already gone. Never did I once think one of the most ordinary day of my life would turn in one of the most terrifying adventures of my life!

The end.

© 2014 Rachael Nelson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on January 26, 2014
Last Updated on January 26, 2014

Author