Silent Love- A loud ending

Silent Love- A loud ending

A Story by Rachita Biswas

                                                   Silent Love- A Loud Ending

 

                    Calcutta, sometimes I wonder is it a city of rising dreams or a silent witness of broken hearts? Through out the week the rush in metros in office time, the fight for an ell of place in local trains and buses obeys the Laws of Darwin of incredible struggle for existence is on. In the running crowd of thousands every face has a different expression; every staring eye confides a different story. Some stories take birth in a small boggy and spread its wings under the open sun and some gets shattered in the crowd. 

 

                                    The story begins with silent gazes and stupid smiles. Everyday both travel in the same compartment; they get on from the same station and sometimes miss the train if the other is late. But not a single word is exchanged between them. In the crowded rakes nobody looks at them. They get down in different station and I wonder if the story gets over there. But is it really so? Do these silent stories have such endings? Perhaps not! One day the boy somehow manages to speak to the lady. He asks her to hold his travel bag. She does that with a smile. And before the boy could tell anything more, the ladies claim their place and he shifts away. From behind the colorful dupattas he still tries on to hook at her kajal cladded eyes. The girl gets down handing the bag to the lady beside her. Few weeks pass by and finally the boy decides to speak his heart out. He gets down at the same station and follows her only to find she headed towards the opposite directions train. Little surprised, little confused he waits behind the pillars silently for her next action. As the train approached the girl stepped forward and before the train could stop at the platform she jumped at the lines. He could no more find his love.

 

                                   She died within a fraction of second. Painful, undesirable yet this was the ending to his story. Thousand questions enthralled his mind and he stood hapless. His wishes remained unfulfilled, his tear-filled eyes filled with utter silence yelled in pain. Two unknown people, one common situation brought them close but two silent hearts with unknown thoughts and unknown pain separated them. Life of other goes on and a love story ends in silence amidst the loud crowd.

 

© 2014 Rachita Biswas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank u...for your priced review

Posted 9 Years Ago


This is interesting, poignant and mesmerizing piece, simply beautiful

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 29, 2014
Last Updated on May 29, 2014

Author

Rachita Biswas
Rachita Biswas

kolkata, hinduism, India



About
I am a writer who writes from my daily experiences. more..