Imitation of "Howl"

Imitation of "Howl"

A Poem by Raevyne
"

An assignment to imitate the poem the famous poem "Howl". I didn't think I was that angry about my generation.

"

Did you salivate when you cracked my face against the backpack rack?  Did your button pig eyes approve of the medicated mess your fist created? I, so offensive as your speakers shrieked litanies of b*****s and rims that you must make sacrifice to the honor of those white trash, no class television gods that parade though you eyes and ears? Praise the crack-w***e media  princesses you call musicians! It's chic to be slapped, prodded, ground in the Sodom radio waves. Everyone's a big rapper, just generate a beat and insert filth on the dotted line and glorify the diamond encrusted gun-barrels your so-called brethren spilled blood for in mud pits and river beds. The genocide's just print on a newspaper, we have our own  worries like who's paying for late night pizza, who's got the shiniest plastic, who's got the latest gossip, who is the latest gossip and of course nothing's so great as the weight of Daddy's well-meant limitations on your perfectly tanned shoulders. 

The burdens of youth drove you to drink cheap beer in frat halls and football fields, it's not your fault, it's self-medication, there's a pill to please it, this is America, we drug the poor and feed the rich.

Tell me, with the pharmacy floating through your head, is life greener?  

Tell me where's your bright future outside your pesticide lawn and lead-paint picket fence?

Tell me, flip-flopping pepper-spray perfume girl, do you think of me when you put on your make-up? You drove me to cream foundation for my violet eye sockets, with all your daggers digging in my spine as I lay awake in buzzing night-air dreading the next morning's echo of your ridiculous foot wear. But don't worry your pretty head, go back to your pop daze, plumped lips, mechanized angst and shopping-cart euphoria. Know that when the shrinking girl wished not to exist, she hoped you would choke but knew you would laugh.

© 2009 Raevyne


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on September 21, 2009

Author

Raevyne
Raevyne

Baltimore, MD



About
A strange, pale creature with red plumage and black war paint. It consumes copious amounts of diet coke and cloves, occasionally regurgitating artistic things. It squeaks when threatened. more..

Writing
Black Hole Black Hole

A Poem by Raevyne


Pieces Pieces

A Story by Raevyne


Drained Drained

A Story by Raevyne