Promise

Promise

A Story by ragelmarli
"

The teenage mind.

"
*~

Shut up and kiss me. He held my legs around him leaning his head back against the arm of the couch. I closed my eyes and took a deep breathe. I just wanted to grab his rose flushed face and kiss him. I didn't plan on stopping. I didn't want to. I wanted to kiss the hollows of his eyes and the dimples on his cheeks. 
Those beautiful blue eyes. They weren't those plain blue eyes. They were the ones that you can get lost in. The pale yet deep ocean blue that you just want to float away in. The blue that captures you. Squeezes you until you're out of breathe. The icy blue that breathes you in and out, leaving you with goosebumps running up and down your spine. They held on to my gaze and didn't let go. But that's okay, I wasn't planning to look away either. 
As he kept on talking I can feel his warm breath against my neck. Shivers crawl down my spine. His beautiful blue eyes held me once again as he placed my cheeks in between the soothing warmth of the palm of his hands.
"I won't let you go. I'll take you for who you are," he whispered as he kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes and sighed. I kept them shut and listened to him whisper in my ear.
"You can think you're big, small, tall, short, whatever you want. But I'll take your beautiful brown eyes, your soft tan skin, and your big head," he said as he chuckled. I leaned my arm against the frame of the couch and laughed.
I held his face in mine as well, feeling the room fade away. Nothing else mattered.
He repositioned himself beneath me and held my waist. He let out another chuckle.
"But no really, I'll keep you every day. I'll hold on everyday. I know college will be hard on us, and the rest of high school too," he looked down and sighed slightly. "But I promise to always try."
I smiled at him and felt the butterflies rushing into my gut. Those eyes, those beautiful eyes. 
I held my pinky out and watched his wrap around mine.
A simple bliss. One of those moments where the silence isn't overwhelming. The kind of moments when you don't know what to say, yet you know the right thing to do. In this case, promise. Not just any promise, a pinky promise. The promise to keep your best friend's crush a secret in 5th grade. The one you'd make as a child with the undying effort to keep it. And that was my plan: to keep it.
He smiled that perfect half smile he has. I'm glad that smile is mine.
"I promise I'll love you."
I looked into those beautiful blue eyes and felt his heart beat as I placed my palm against his chest. I held on to the beat as it proved that this was real.
After what seemed like forever, I looked at his beautiful blue eyes and held his hands. They were always so big intertwined with mine, always protective.
"I promise."
I kissed his soft lips and a closed my eyes as I kept on.
Promise. I looked into those beautiful blue eyes and held on to that promise. Though I knew it would be hard, especially at a young age, with the fathoms of high school and college down the path, it was okay with  me. I didn't plan on stopping.

© 2013 ragelmarli


Author's Note

ragelmarli
Teenagers.

Suggestions, help? Let me know! Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very romantic, I think you brought out the basics of when two teenagers are in love. Keep writing, and do your best. =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ragelmarli

11 Years Ago

thank you so much!
Tavionna

11 Years Ago

your welcome anytime

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Added on February 2, 2013
Last Updated on February 2, 2013
Tags: love, teenage love, hope, faith, falling in love

Author

ragelmarli
ragelmarli

Beach Park, IL



About
I'm Ragel :) (Ray-Johl) Planning to double major in Creative Writing and Mass Communications and Media. :) I love writing, I love the voice it gives me. I love the chills that come in reaction .. more..

Writing
If only If only

A Story by ragelmarli


Claim Claim

A Poem by ragelmarli