Life at your own risk.

Life at your own risk.

A Story by Rahul Patil

  ********************************************************************************
      Ready! Steady! Go! 

Fifteen minutes later the racer was hospitalized.  With the broken arm and the cracked leg, he was left alone in the hospital.

Eyes fixed on the door, heart waits for someone to come before.
Someone to ask for him, someone to take care of him.
But realizes the wetness on his cheeks;
Tears floating through his eyes with a whisk,
Reminds him the words of his parents, friends and relatives;

"If this would your profession, then Life at your own risk

********************************************************************************
v       Priest: (Name), do you take (name) to be your husband? Do you promise to be true to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and honor him all the days of your life?

Bride: I do
Three years later, husband lost his business. The couple suffers with challenging time for living and food. However, the husband manages to get a job, but in a different city. 

The awful face of the destiny " he can neither take her along with him, nor can leave her, as she is seven months pregnant and not allowed for a long journey. 

She looks at him; she is happy for his job and their child.
When alone, she  thinks " “How can I reduce his stress and avoid this situation to go wild?”
She closes her eyes and prays, “Send someone to look after me and my child”
But when opens her eyes, her sight fall on few pix
Reminds her the words of his parents, friends and relatives;

"If he would your decision, then Life at your own risk

********************************************************************************
 
Several more examples can be given, where, you’re not wrong, but everyone blames you, warns and ultimately leaves you. 

Decisions of professions and partner are decided by you. But they have to understand that you need them, in happiness and in sorrow too. 

The promise of being together in good and bad times is taken into the holy place by the wedding couple. 

But there are few promises which we make being a parent with our children on his/her birth,  there are few promises which we make being a friend when going together to school, college and hangouts. 

Small things to realize and fix
Never tell anyone,
Life at your own risk

© 2016 Rahul Patil


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 14, 2016

Author

Rahul Patil
Rahul Patil

Hyderabad, India



Writing