Kindness

Kindness

A Story by Benjamin David

Seemingly startled by her persuasive admission, I followed suit through the insidious passage of a long tangential road leading to the edifice's draperies and their tantalising tapestries. Pensive and staring attentively at the the unsightly closure of this perennial door adjourned, I find a cloaked gentleman shaped in hutch and curious wonder pointing afar. I ventured towards his vicinity, paying particular attention to every remaining ounce of moral entrail that wept in melody to my heart's seething sombre. "Have fear of what lay behind the entrance, never close your eyes and find satiety in her reticence" he exclaimed. As the disfigured and recoiled man collapsed through the tragedy of his benighted heart, I glanced towards the windowpane from which she appealed graciously to the dainty channels of my love's rapacious torment. The befallen man, kindled in the obsolete and hereto neglect, pulled upon my heart's contrails and the chivalry which most men abandon at adolescence through the vices of  imminent adulthood .

The dichotomous choice that now troubled the heart and this morale of eternity - the remaining innocence and intangible purity was, indeed, an easy one.

© 2012 Benjamin David


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Stats

155 Views
Added on September 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 22, 2012
Tags: poetry, aphorisms, epigrams, wisdom literature

Author

Benjamin David
Benjamin David

Warwickshire, United Kingdom



About
Poet of philosophy, elegy, romanticism and writer of epigrams, aphorisms and wisdom literature. more..

Writing
Cry Cry

A Poem by Benjamin David