No Title?

No Title?

A Poem by raincloud
"

a response to a little packet we had to read for the finishing part of our poetry anthology. we had to use certain words if your wondering why its italicized.

"

Sha- la- la- la- la- la live for today..

No.

Why should I live for today? So more people can be cold to me once again? To treat me as if I were the grass they wipe the s**t off their shoes on?

No.

Why should I? Yet I keep letting myself be trampled over. And my only defense is to hide my emotions; strip them from my sleeve like i have none; so no eyes can see them, like that blue book in that dark corner of the room. And whose expense is it to conform to people and their incredibly, unrealistic ideals? Hah, mine of course. But your excuse as to why I should become the disgusting words and acts you say and committ is: "Because you have to." Because I have to?

No.

I don't need to listen; I don't need to look; I don't need to talk! Leave me out of this! Quiet is my heart, and it will remain that way; you think not.

© 2010 raincloud


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Tire and don't want to react to the things around you. I understand that. Anger and piss-off Poet is in your words. Sometime time of quiet is necessary to gather our minds. A wild and interesting poem.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 15, 2009
Last Updated on January 27, 2010