Adam Abram

Adam Abram

A Story by Randsome
"

This is the first chapter to a story I have been writing. It will continue however looking for some feedback.

"

In the middle of a dark winter smoggy night, chills were running through the room like a silent ghost quietly coming and going. “Follow me. Follow me Adam. Follow me to your destiny,” a voice whispered in the distance. “Who’s there? What do you want?” questioned Adam. As soon as he tries to make a move to follow the voice, Adam hears a, “BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP.” It was his alarm waking him up as Adam reached for his nightstand to turn it off. He then grabbed his rectangular framed glasses and hopped out of his bed. Adam Abram a slim, little above average height young man, wearing a blue striped night gown, prepares himself for another busy day at the lab.

He lived in a glass dome-shaped house, on top of an apartment building on 3rd Ave. and 13th Street in the heart of downtown New York City. Most of the structure was made from tint changing glass, becoming darker during the day to bring in less light from the sun, and lighter at night exposing the dark sky. Inside the structure was split into two, dividing Adam’s bedroom with the rest of his home. In Adam’s bedroom was a collection of toy cars and small 3-D model structures in glass cases along the wall, a half circle bed neatly made with a metal nightstand by its side, a TV screen mounted in the opposite wall, and a small lamp, still lit very dimly. His room walls and ceiling were painted with special paint, to glow at night as if he was gazing at the stars scattered like moon dust across the sky in an empty field.

In the other room consisted of an open space with all of Adam’s inventions, tools, and belongings. Entering the room always felt like entering a time warp. The dome ceiling was retractable with an extremely large telescope sitting above Adam’s bedroom to view the skies above, although the city lights heavily prevented that. In the center of the room was a landing pad that appeared to have a hover car on it. Then along one wall in the room lined floor-to-ceiling with bookshelves, every inch filled, and a simple desk, neat and orderly, with a few piles of paper stacked in the middle, and a small dimmed lamp on. On the opposite side were appliances in the room, all self-automated and wireless, contributing to a neatly looking mechanic shop where everything had a place.  

With the push of a button, Adam gets his inventions started as a tooth brush flew around the house and into Adam’s mouth to start brushing. A portable shower walked into his bedroom to get him all clean and refreshed, while a portable dresser comes to get Adam dressed. Meanwhile in the kitchen section, the stove was scrambling eggs and toasting bread, along with a kettle on to brew some tea. A juice machine was collecting fruits from the outside freshly grown garden and squeezed some ripped oranges into a tall glass, while a robot maid was setting the table for Adam’s morning breakfast.

Adam all dressed and ready to go, walks over for his morning breakfast, looks at the time and says, “With still 48 minutes to spare, we’re getting better at this aren’t we EVE?” speaking to his robot. “Always improving,” the robot said. EVE was a special invention for Adam, for it was his very first successful self-automated machine. However, the EVE today was not always the EVE he had known, but through many updates EVE is now capable to do just any human activity and even more. Adam has even developed a skin like substance to provide EVE with a layer of skin over her metal parts appearing to be human-like.

Adam took a seat, sipped his tea, and opened the Daily News. There were many articles and video pictures to look through but Adam’s attention was caught by a side article on the eighth page, about the discovery of a new planet as the heading read, A Paradise in The Sky. Reading of the potential discovery Adam said, “Boy would I love to go to a wonderful place like that one day.” EVE responded, “Maybe you can create a world like that right here in our galaxy.” Adam smirked, “Yeah, but humans destroy all things beautiful,” laughing, “Why do you think you still exist.” EVE turned to his direction, “Ha, ha, very funny sir.” Adam put down the newspaper as he responds, “Oh EVE, I’m just joking, you are my most beautiful creation.” “Aww, thank you sir,” EVE replied. “Well I got to go, don’t want to be late again,” said Adam jumping in to his hover car. “Don’t forget, just try to enjoy the day,” EVE responded in a higher volume voice as the roof started to open to let Adam out. “I’ll try my best EVE.” he shouted back as he took off heading to work at New York’s Bio Tech Inc. or N.Y.B.T.

© 2018 Randsome


Author's Note

Randsome
This is the first chapter to a story I have been writing. It will continue however looking for some feedback.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1002 Views
Added on February 10, 2017
Last Updated on March 6, 2018
Tags: adventure, inventions, explore, story

Author

Randsome
Randsome

Elmont, NY



About
I am a poet who has been writing lyrics for music. I am now starting to write stories and would love to know how others view my work . more..

Writing