Fated Winter: Part One

Fated Winter: Part One

A Story by Ravenwing
"

Inspired by Christmas, romantic love, and a song called Suzy Snowflake...I present to you a small story about some classical wintry characters, but with my own tiny twist. Enjoy:D

"

Suzy Snowflake is always a clumsy type of girl. Some say it is because her white dress is too long, always snapping at her glass slippers. Others say she is just simply Suzy. Clumsiness, to Suzy, was a curse....but fate would change that view of hers, for today, such prophecy would be fulfilled.

 Once Suzy Snowflake was finished with her work of crafting snowflakes for the next winter-day, she decided to take a walk along the window panes of a small cottage. Amongst the chilled winds, she heard a small and riotous whistle. The whistle belonged to the mouth of her distant cousin, Jack Frost.

Suzy chose not to bother chasing after the whistle because of previous winter failures. These failures, she remembered, consisted of being tricked by Jack’s cunning, worn out by Jack’s agility, and/or of her tripping before she could grab a hold of his translucent body. Yes, she definitely was not in the mood.

A trail of fallen snow follows Suzy’s footsteps wherever she goes, including across the window panes. She was growing into her fully-fledged age of eighteen and soon, she would become a goddess. She would become forever youthful, like most supernatural creatures, designated at the age Mother Nature willed it to be.

“Oh-ahhhhhh!”

Suzy was so deep in her thoughts that she was oblivious to the patch of ice on the next window sill. She slipped and fell off the edge. She tried maneuvering her hands to push a snow pile beneath her, but her powers were not fully refined yet. She screamed. A cold wind blew across her back.

Suzy found herself in bluish white hands of sprinkled ice dust.

“Stumbling Suzy, you could have had almost a doozy!”

His laughing whistle echoed across the sky. Jack Frost’s hair is snow white and glossy with edges of diamond ice. His eyes are that of frost and twilight sky. Suzy’s cheeks went warm as can be for a winter entity, whenever she looked at him.

“Does Suzy speak? Hello?!? Why so mellow?”

She snickered and wrapped her arms around him tightly.

“I finally caught you, Jack!”

He laughed a whistle again with his set of pearly-whites.

“After all these years, I let you catch me and your heart is full of glee!”

Suzy wagged her finger in front of him.

“Nah-ah! You did not put my arms around you! So it counts!”

Or it is canceled out by me catching you! You surely are clumsy, Suzy-loo!”

“Mischievous Jack Frost! You always have a loophole, don’t you?! And a rhyme on your lips.”

He winked.

“I have to keep my record clean of catches. And poetry can spark a heart’s fire like matches!”

Suzy laughed. Suzy’s joyous sounds are like a sweet, melodious tone that could make flowers grow if she was not a winter entity.  Whenever she laughed, the outlines of her body would dimly glow with a white holy light. On this special day, that holy light was at its brightest and Jack gave his rare gentle smile.

“So, I heard you are becoming of age, Miss Snow Sage?”

Jack Frost received his immortality at the age of twenty, about three earth years before Suzy was born. Once the snow cried with her birth, he had a feeling that his future was going to collide with hers in some way. However, he did not know what that was until the present year when he felt the warm ‘slush’ spreading all across his icy heart.

“Yes! I will finally become immortal and receive my final status as a goddess of the snow!”

She giggled.

Goddess of the snow, thought Jack Frost, and it was a nice thought.

A ball of snow and ice splattered across Jack’s face.

“Hey wake up, Jack Frost! Don’t, in the dream world, get lost!”

Laughing, Suzy jumped out of his hands and began to run. However, as usual, she tripped and skidded onto her face. Jack Frost laughed and picked her up. He was not in the mood to be wild and child-like, so he did not throw a ball of snow back at her. Suzy noticed this with slight blankness in her white-encrusted, baby blue eyes.

“Why are you so serious? I have never seen this Jack Frost before. And that soft smile. Are you losing your game?”

His hands fumbled, sprinkling the ice dust. He was nervous. He did not know what to say. He did not like the vulnerability, but he could not help it. He realized in that moment that the ‘slush’ was there ever since Suzy was born, expanding slowly.

“Or are you thinking about that human girl you liked before? I thought you came to terms with that and she is already married anyways. Why think about what is past?”

“I-I...Suzy I..”

She threw a snowflake back and forth between her hands in flourishing arches. Maybe this would get Jack Frost to lighten up again, she thought...but it did not work. She tried dancing around, twirling, surprisingly not tripping or falling, and making goofy faces...still no regular Jack Frost.

“Come on, cheer up, Jack! Look at the snow! Do you like my work? Though I tripped, the ice looked gorgeous on that window sill! Come on! You are not a mellow fellow! Past is past!”

Suzy swiveled around him, smiling, trying to cheer him up and make him forget whatever the problem was. Suzy is a little bit naive. She is the ideal of beginning and good winter in all of its purity and innocence. She only learned how playful, tricking, and sometimes frustrating winter could be with Jack.

“Bum! Bum bum bum! Buuuum! Bum bum!”

Suzy’s long, snow-white hair curled around her body as she mimicked playing a drum. Jack’s limbs shook like chattering human teeth. Fear and desire continued to grow in him.

“Jack! Jack, wake up! Come on, dance with me! Or let me chase you! Or let us make sculptures! Where is my fearless Jack?”

He clenched his fists with slight anger and took a deep breath.

“Come here, you little sprite of light.”

Suzy was about to turn to run in play, but he was so fast that he caught her quickly. He pulled her close with the strength and bonding of his arms. The scent of her fresh coldness perfumed his nose. He could see the ice melting at the tips of his hair.

“Why is your hair melting, Jack? What are you do--?”

His cold lips hastily went upon hers. Suzy was shocked at first, but she did not refuse as her cheeks warmed again. Her arms wrapped around the back of his neck. The cold drops of Jack’s ‘melting hair’ oozed into their kiss.

Mother Nature saw all of this from her crystal globe and smiled. This was Suzy’s ultimate destiny: to be the wedded companion of Jack Frost. Because though Jack Frost caused Mother Nature trouble sometimes, she wanted him to be happy like any human mother would wish for her son.

However, another entity was watching with pure jealousy. The Snow Miser, bitter and greedy as he is, always wanted Suzy for himself, but Mother Nature consistently denied him. Within Snow Miser’s mind, a wicked plan had been brewed and was about to be implemented.


END OF PART ONE 

© 2014 Ravenwing


Author's Note

Ravenwing
Look out for Part Two soon! What will happen?!? :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on December 10, 2014
Last Updated on December 10, 2014
Tags: Winter, Christmas, Love, Romance, Jack Frost, Snow Miser, Mother Nature, Mischief

Author

Ravenwing
Ravenwing

Fort Wayne, IN



About
Hello, I hope you enjoy my writing and I look forward to reading yours! I'll try to be on here when I can (some weeks, or even months, are really busy)! I welcome good constructive criticism because o.. more..

Writing