The Phalangeal Horcrux

The Phalangeal Horcrux

A Story by R.Guy Behringer
"

A Harry Potter fan fiction

"

The peculiar school boy shrugged out of his robe, folded it neatly and set it on the alabaster rim of a sink in the second floor girls' lavatory. A soft girlish giggle echoed through the limestone canyon like room where the boy then removed his glasses and set them on top. He felt the chill of the ghostly girl as she swam swiftly through the ether that was her domus, her cell.

The fifteen year old wizard took up his wand in his left hand, turned and faced the south wall. With his left hand simulating the movement of a large snake about to strike, he shouted

“Dimensio porta oculus!”

Immediately a twelve foot round hole opened in the wall. A storm seemed to rage inside the void. It pulsed with light and smelled like a privy.

“Ohhh” the lavatory spirit said

“You’re gonna get in trouble for that.” she continued as she flew toward him.

The scar faced sorcerer caught her by the throat with his right hand, then, while caressing her face with his wand hand he spoke into her ear.

“If you speak a word about anything you see here tonight, you whiney slag, you’ll be haunting lavatories in Hell.”

“Do I make myself clear?”

The female phantom nodded slowly, her eyes looking as big as saucers behind antique spectacles.

She shot across the room like a perforated balloon when he released her.

Before he could give the weeping tart another thought, a Mountain Troll stepped through the portal and swung a huge club at him. The motivated teen calmly sidestepped the clumsy blow and returned the courtesy.

“Depulso!” he shouted as his serpentine left arm flicked the wand.

The mountain Troll slammed against the wall, but was only stunned. After shaking off the sudden impact, the Troll charged the teen.

For the next thirty minutes the two did battle as the weeping ghost girl watched from the safety of the stalls. It was from her white enameled hiding place that she witnessed what no one thought was possible… and she couldn’t tell a soul, living or dead.

The troll seemed too much for the boy. He was getting tired and the beast had worked him into a corner. Before he could cast another defensive spell, the troll faked left and surprised him with a blow to the right, striking him with a bone crushing blow to the ribs, knocking him against the wall and sending his wand skidding across the flagged floor.

The monster saw his opportunity.

As the troll raised his club for the killing blow, the young sorcerer took up a defensive stance with his left foot planted before him and his right just behind. He then made a dramatic gesture with his arms straight out at either side and in a smooth fluid motion he drew them in as if gathering energy from around his body. He did all this while speaking an incantation in a low guttural voice, gradually getting louder. This energy seemed to coalesce at his center mass as the wizard formed it into a blazing orange ball.

“Solaris de Mortis!”

The ancient building shook as he cast the miniature sun at the violent dumb beast.

When the dust settled, the boy of two minds limped over to his cloak and glasses and retrieved his wand as his companions came bursting into the lavatory.

“Bloody ‘ell” Ron exclaimed, holding his nose and wrinkling his face.

“We felt the shock and came looking for you.” Hermione said, pulling a face similar to Ron.

“Are you alright, Harry?” she continued after getting a good look at him.

“I’m fine.” he said simply.

“What were you about?” Ron asked

“I was practicing my “Confringo Curse'' on a giant Homunculus.” he replied looking at the floor in embarrassment.

Ron walked over to a large pile of ash and nudged it with his foot.

“You mean you blew up a giant “miniature” model?”  he said and laughed

Harry looked up from the floor into the faces of his best friends and grinned sheepishly.

Suddenly the three started laughing together. After a bit, Hermione suggested they go to dinner and so they headed for the door.

“Hey, where’s Moaning Myrtle?” Ron asked, exiting the lavatory.

“I don't know.” Harry said as he turned around and gave the hiding dead girl the finger before exiting.

© 2022 R.Guy Behringer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on September 6, 2022
Last Updated on September 6, 2022
Tags: Harry Potter, Fan Fiction, Fantasy, Magic

Author

R.Guy Behringer
R.Guy Behringer

Lincoln, CA



About
I'm a retired truck driver, married and a father of three grown sons, two pit bulls and one red heeler. I like to play guitar, build and rebuild rifles, hunt wild boar, Fishing, camping, gardening and.. more..

Writing