Engineered Wood Flooring – A Much Preferred Flooring Solution For The Homeowners

Engineered Wood Flooring – A Much Preferred Flooring Solution For The Homeowners

A Story by Rebecca Smith
"

Designing the floor is an art and it plays a crucial role for the decoration of any house.

"
Designing the floor is an art and it plays a crucial role for the decoration of any house. Unlike earlier days when the process of decoration used to mean putting costly furniture in the room, using vibrant color on the wall, hanging beautiful wall arts etc, presently the definition of home decoration has changed a lot. Flooring is given equal importance now when it comes to designing. There are different types of flooring currently available in the market. Real wood engineered floor is one of the most desired one amongst the house owners. Let’s take a brief look at this flooring type.

Engineered wood floor is normally made of several layers of wood attached together. This is also called hardwood engineered floor. The inner layers can be wood, plywood or high density fiber. The number of layers depends on different types of flooring. The outside layer can be any hardwood and it can be changed according to the desire of the individual. There are various advantages of using this flooring type and one of the most important one is that it doesn’t warp and is suited for adverse weather conditions. With this flooring solution the house owners can gain all the benefits of real hardwood floor without any headache and it can survive in the places where real wood cannot survive. It can be installed in moist areas. While no other wood product can stand water, engineered wood floor can tolerate moisture up to a descent level.

Another key advantage of this flooring type is that whether it is real wood engineered oak flooring or any other type of engineered flooring, the installation process is very simple and hassle free. Even for a DIY project, it doesn’t cause much of a trouble. The flooring boards come with different sizes and width. So if you have the proper measurements of your floor, you can buy the boards accordingly. The flooring can be installed easily on any type of tiles or slabs. Before placing the boards make sure that the floor is even and properly waxed.

One of the most alluring advantages of engineered wood flooring tool is its durability. One such wood floor can last as long as 25 to 100 years depending on different flooring type. Best quality engineered floor can last as long as you want and can match up the quality of a real plank floor. Now it is up to the owners that for how long he/she wants his floor to sustain. Though it is often seen that using a high quality and flooring may not have a great impact on the resale value of your house but if you opt for cheap flooring, it surely have an impact on the resale value.

Finally, let’s have a quick look at the pros and cons of this flooring type. Among the pros, it is more sustainable and easy to install, it can be used in areas where plank floor can’t sustain for long, when it comes to the price this is comparatively cheaper than solid plank floors. Now, among the cons there isn’t many. The only concern is the price. Low priced flooring is not suitable for long term.

© 2014 Rebecca Smith


Author's Note

Rebecca Smith
Rebecca is a business woman and part-time blogger who loves to write on home improvement. She has published many posts about engineered wood flooring, solid oak flooring and flooring tools.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on June 21, 2014
Last Updated on June 21, 2014
Tags: Engineered, Wood, Flooring, tools, Oak

Author

Rebecca Smith
Rebecca Smith

Manchester, United Kingdom



About
Passionate about writing on new things.... more..

Writing