Eyes of Stone

Eyes of Stone

A Story by Reco M.
"

Before she was hideous, she was a golden-haired beauty that everyone adored.

"

Eyes of Stone

                   There once was a beauty that no one had ever seen before. She was the second thing that was ever called exquisiteness, the first being Athena, Goddess of Courage and Inspiration. This type of loveliness also walked with audacity like no one had ever had before in their whole generation. She had stunning golden curls that looked like medal that only the richest people could have. Her eyes, fine-looking and gold, set alight up the sky replacing the sun with her eyes. Her magnificent, gorgeous golden hair blew in the turbulent wind. She walked pass the only person that meant anything to her in her entire life, her lover. It was Medusa, the beautiful magnificence of all exquisiteness, looking into her true lover’s eyes as he turns around gazing into her eyes. Her lover, Theomocys, was blasphemed to be connubial to Medusa in a few days. “It is he- my true guardian or momentarily companion?” Medusa questioned the lover. Theomocys begins rambling around Medusa glowering into her golden, luminous eyes and stirring her golden hair. “My stunning and superlative dandelion blossom, I’m not your true protection nor your soon significant other, I’m your entire life. I’m your incessantly and perpetuity.” Theomocys says as a response to Medusa. Medusa’s golden eyes began scorching with passion, and so did her heart. “Momentarily,” Theomocys continue, “we’ll be together for the rest of our lives.” Theomocys positions his immense hands on the side of Medusa’s left face cheek and laid a kiss upon her lips for at least five seconds. “Soon,” Medusa continued, “our kisses will be longer.” Theomocys smiles and replies, “Indeed, they will be longer and more passionate than ever.” Theomocys leaves the beauty of a lifetime alone in the Garden of Fruit. As Medusa inwards back to her little cave by the deep, Sirosin decided to visit her. Sirosin was a long-time friend of Medusa. Sirosin and Medusa were the complete contradictory. Medusa believed in being in celibacy, while Sirosin was an immoral young female. Sirosin watches as she sees Medusa scrubbing her clothes in the ocean. “My dear friend,” Sirosin continues, “do you need help?” Medusa begins grinning and replies saying no. As the occupied Medusa continues cleaning her clothes in the ocean, footsteps were heard not that far from the cave of the occurrence of Medusa and Sirosin. Medusa demanded Sirosin to hide quickly. Medusa was terrified that it would be her two sisters coming to visit. The two sisters of Medusa are repulsed of humans; they even hate the way humans smell. As Medusa waits for the entrance of her sisters that she conjectured, she sees flying bird creatures hovering from the ground up into the sky. It alarmed Medusa half to death. As Medusa calms down, she turns around seeing both of her sisters waiting on her reaction to them being behind her. It frightened her to death that she began screaming out of nowhere. Medusa’s older sister, Stheno, walks around her smiling evilly. “How is our diminutive sister doing out here in the cavern?” Stheno interrogated Medusa. Medusa looked into Stheno’s eyes and replied by saying, “I’m living the right and only right way to live.” Medusa’s second to the oldest sister then rejoinders saying, “Oh is that being a mortal?” Medusa is concerted of Euryale’s sayings and rejoinders, “You or Stheno didn’t ask for this. Athena, the Goddess of Wisdom and Courage did this to you because of your pilfering ways.” Stheno looks emotional by saying, “You’re right, none of us asked for this. We only deprived because of us being in scarceness. What else could we have done?” Medusa looks disillusioned and asked her two sisters to leave. Medusa wasn’t pretentious by the eyes of her sisters because she was blood-related to them. As Stheno and Euryale disappeared into the mist, Medusa informed Sirosin that she could come out now.

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes of Stone

                        Medusa and Sirosin were walking in the city of Attica. “How beautiful these people are.” Sirosin says out of nowhere. The only thing that Medusa could do to respond was smiling and laughing. A woman with a baby treads by Medusa and Sirosin which clasps Medusa’s attention. “What untainted exquisiteness that darling is.” Medusa tells Sirosin. “Yes, I know. I am carrying a child inside of me also. That’s why I came to visit you earlier yesterday.” Sirosin educated Medusa. Medusa was astonishingly flabbergasted at her friend for carrying a child and not knowing the father of the unborn child. Medusa and Sirosin waited and waited on Theomocys to visit them in Attica. Theomocys soon attains in a urgency saying that he must leave immediately. “Why do you must leave my existence once again? We are getting married when the sun is to convert shadowy. You mustn’t be late for our marriage ceremony!” Theomocys looked disenchanted and says, “I know my love, that’s why I must leave right away so that I can have time to arrive back to my magnificence’s wedding for marriage.” As Theomocys was about to leave, he gave Medusa a goodbye peck. As Theomocys leave his true love, waterworks began running down from Medusa’s eyes. “Our love, our only love is sweltering bottomless inside my heart like any other. I would be disconsolate if he doesn’t return. My heart would be bleeding inside with no renovating needed; I would perish without his affection.” Medusa informs Sirosin. Sirosin responds to Medusa by saying, “Stop crying over one guy, unrevealed love is all over the place. Don’t focus on one person; there is more than Theomocys on earth.” Medusa immediately wipes her tears. Sirosin and Medusa began walking to the little area in Attica where all the little children played together. Medusa began thinking about her and Theomocys’s future of having progenies. She began smiling as she pictures her and Theomocys playing in the deep-sea with their children having fun. “Oh how life would be with him and them by my side.” Medusa says out of nowhere. Sirosin looks at Medusa smiling and says, “You’re imagining yourself having children aren’t you?” Medusa began smiling as Sirosin found out what she was thinking just from one simple guess. One of the little children came up to Medusa and wanted a hug. Medusa was surprised that the little suckling wanted a hug from her. Medusa began becoming teary-eyed as the child let go of her and went back to play. There was an unexpected flamboyant rumble far in the seas of Attica. Medusa was worried from the thunder. Sirosin began making a anecdote about the loud thundering by saying, “Poseidon is all-out with someone I see.” Medusa begins spanking her on the shoulder with her hand to sojourn her from joking about Poseidon. A group of underprivileged people began running from the thundering and the high wave formations in anxiety. An old woman in poverty began pulling on Medusa’s snowy, bright outfit cautioning her. “There were men, on a ship away from Attica. Poseidon told them that they must bring back twenty-five pounds of fish. The men refused to do so, so Poseidon killed them in a large wave formation with thunder.” Medusa looked at the woman in poverty and asked, “Was there a guy bearded with a robe on?” The woman looked and replied, “Yes, he’s the one who repudiated to get fish.” Medusa falls on the ground with disappointment. Sirosin holds her up as she is saddened over the fact that her soon to be husband died on the same day they were to be married. “My heart is bleeding inside. It’s failing; there is no fixing it this time. My pain will go on incessantly since my one true love is deceased. Why him? Why does this have to happen to me?”  Sirosin tries to calm Medusa down, but it doesn’t work. Medusa kept crying until her golden yellow eyes began resembling the color of her husband’s blood.

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes of Stone

                        As the months have passed of Theomocys’s death, the months had rehabilitated to years. It had been exactly five years since Theomocys’s catastrophic death. Beside the cave where Medusa was living in was a howling Medusa that was deteriorating all of her tears into the ocean which she drunk, bathed, and played in. “I need no more failure in my life. There should be contentment all around me; no death, disaster, nothing, not even my own death that I wished to happen when my husband first died.” Medusa went on by saying, “How can I carry on my life? There is no need to live like this. Should I end my life now or wait for evil himself to come do it for me to put me out of my misery?” Medusa began thinking in her head for a moment. She thought, “I should go ahead and end my life right away before anyone witnesses my soreness that I’ve been going through for years.” Suddenly, Medusa pitches her head into the teary ocean trying to sink herself continually. As Medusa is drowning herself, she began thinking constantly about Theomocys. She thought once again that there was nothing more in life other than her deceased fiancé. As Medusa was about to take her last breath, her head is heaved out of the deep-sea by a long-time friend, Sirosin. “I’m thwarted in you, my one and only factual friend. There’s more to life than slaying yourself. Stop beholding back into the bygone; keep going for your yet to come instead.” Medusa’s golden hair turned a brown color as it was wet. Sirosin facilitated wipe the tears from Medusa’s eyes. “There’s nothing in life anymore Sirosin,” Medusa enlightened, “my fiancé is dead, and my all-inclusive life is passed on now.” Sirosin whacks Medusa across the face tiringly and articulates, “Pay attention here Medusa! You are young and beautiful; don’t let your life go on like this! You have more to live for than to just grumble and cry over your dead fiancé.” Sirosin guided Medusa into her cave to quiet her down. “Let’s get you off the subject shall we,” Sirosin continues, “I’m with another child.” Medusa looks up at Sirosin and questions, “Who is the liable predecessor of the unborn child?” “I beseech you not to judge Medusa,” Sirosin answers, “I’m continuing to quest, but I think I’ve found the true father.” “Who is he?” Sirosin took a deep breath and said, “I’m not really sure if he’s the genuine father exactly, we must wait until time can tell.” Sirosin began to undress Medusa and dress her into clean robes that best suited her well. Sirosin looks deeply into Medusa’s eyes and says, “I’ve never noticed how much beauty you have in you.” Medusa began blushing and continues to tell Sirosin to stop. As Sirosin walked even closer to Medusa, she positioned a kiss upon Medusa’s lips. Medusa’s lightly heaven face turned into a ghostly hell. As Sirosin is continuing kissing her, Medusa shoves Sirosin off of her. “I am not like that! It’s sin!” Medusa says shattering at Sirosin. “You have no one in your life but me! What if I was to disappear from your life forever next?” Medusa was absolutely saddened in Sirosin as she demanded her to leave her cave instantaneously. As Sirosin was leaving the cave, she looked back at Medusa and said, “This will be your last time seeing me, and your life will be a living abyss for the rest of your life.” Medusa marched beyond in her cave to sit on a vast stalwart where she rested and cried her little eyes out. “End my life now!” Medusa commanded out to herself with no one present in the cave. Medusa began hearing eccentric noises from the ocean. As she visited the ocean by her cave, the voice she perceives resembles to Sirosin’s voice. “What could this mean?” Medusa began to question herself while listening to the vocal sound in the ocean over and over again.

 

Eyes of Stone

                        The priestess began gathering up at the Temple of Athena where Athena was awaiting for them. The priestesses were ordered to sit down and wait for Athena’s arrival. Among Medusa’s appearance were others including little female children who were going to become priestesses when they develop during adulthood. The large doors began to open as a large and tall woman enters the Temple of Athena. What such beauty she was. She walked into the temple with courage and exquisiteness. “Good day priestesses in my presence.” “Good day Athena.” The priestesses replied back. Athena looked at the priestesses among her and smiled as she walked on. “A good ole fashion show would be a delightful idea wouldn’t it?” Medusa questioned to Athena. Athena walked up closely towards Medusa and went on by saying, “One of my lovely priestess that always has wonderful ideas, Medusa. A play for what exactly?” “Well,” Medusa continued, “a play for our town. Our lifestyle should be known here to change. There are a lot of people in poverty here and there’s people stealing another’s belongings. This needs to stop right away! Don’t let me not include the sins of the females around town! We women need to show posture and manners, not showing your beautiful bodies off for men that on pleasures for the fun of it! Let’s make it right and solve this situation here. Who’s in with me?” The priestesses began clapping to Medusa’s idea of a town play. “Well done Medusa,” Athena said, “well done.” The priestesses and Athena really enjoyed Medusa’s idea of a play and decided to go on with it. “This should be a fun idea to show our townspeople. They can learn and also change from this play. Well done.”

Sleeping soundly in her cave, Medusa was awoken by the sound of townspeople far away. Medusa had to swim a little boat in order to get towards the town. Poseidon’s Temple was sought on fire. Screams were the only thing that she could hear at the moment. From her eyes, she saw blazing fire going every single direction. The only person she had on her mind was her only truly friend, Sirosin. Medusa ran quickly towards a path to Sirosin’s little village where she lived. Medusa finally made it to Sirosin’s little home which was burned to the ground. “Why?” Medusa questioned shouting to the burning house. “Why take my friend? Take me instead! Let me burn in the underworld with Hades.” Medusa began constantly thinking about the last thing Sirosin said to her out of anger. “Why did I have to be so furious to my one only true friend? Let me burn with you Hades. I need no condolences, let me die with pain just like my fiancé and only friend.” Medusa quickly wiped the tears from her face and walked away from Sirosin’s home. As she walking past every house that had blazing fire, she sees a very huge sized man getting out of the ocean with burned bruises all over him. The burned, bruised man quickly healed after getting from the water. The oversized man that Medusa noticed getting from the ocean was Poseidon. Medusa started wondering, “Could Poseidon had started this fire?” As all of the fires cooled down, Medusa decided to go back to Sirosin’s home to look for clues. While Medusa was inside Sirosin’s home looking for clues, she sees used sheets on the floor that smelt like a man and a woman making love. “Could Sirosin been sleeping with a man upon this night?” Medusa asked herself. Medusa began smelling the house once again and began recognizing something that smelt familiar outside. Medusa said while thinking, “Poseidon had the same smell on him after coming out of the ocean. Could Sirosin been sleeping with Poseidon? Could the unborn child of Sirosin be fathered by Poseidon?” Medusa looks shockingly surprised that Poseidon was behind all of this madness with outgoing fire that happened that night.

Eyes of Stone

                        Tonight was the night Medusa performed the play with her playing the sinful mother with three sinful little girls. As her performance was over, everyone began cheering for her. During the show, everyone was drinking wine and eating grapes served with bread. “I hope you all have a good feast.” Medusa said to the audience. Far from a distance, Medusa could see her two sisters watching her. Medusa began walking through the irritating green grass to the location of her sisters. “Why are you here? You aren’t welcomed here anymore.” “You think you’re perfect then us now?” Euryale asked. “We are still your sisters. Our blood runs in each and every one of us. Don’t think you’re perfect than the both of us, because that can change on you really quick.” Stheno informed Medusa. “Don’t bring all of this bad luck on m,” Medusa said, “Don’t bring me down with your hatefulness and all of your harm you’ve done to people! You are punished by Athena for your sins!” “I guess we’re not your sisters anymore.” Euryale explains to Medusa walking away from the village. Stheno walks up to Medusa and says, “Don’t think you’re all high and mighty just because you hang around Hercules sister. She did this to us and she can do it to you.” Stheno and Euryale leave the upset Medusa alone to think about what just happened. Tears began to run slowly down Medusa’s face. As Medusa turns around the opposite direction to leave, she bumps into Poseidon. “Oh,” Medusa tried to explain to Poseidon, “sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” As Medusa was about to leave Poseidon’s presence, Poseidon had stopped her for doing so. “You’re Medusa, The beautiful, spiritual woman that every man is dying their lives for?” Medusa began smiling and replied, “No one dies for me, but the people that I love.” “Do you love me?” Poseidon asked the upset Medusa. Medusa wiped more tears from her eyes and said, “Why would an immortal love a mortal, it’s nonexistent.” “Foolishness,” Poseidon continued, “I may love whoever I please to love.” Medusa begins to laugh and walk away. Poseidon then chases after her. “Would you love me back maiden?” Poseidon asked Medusa. “Stop,” Medusa said, “Show your true form. Stop posing as the size of a mortal. Gods and Goddesses aren’t the usual size as a mortal; they are much greater and powerful.” Poseidon begins to laugh and continued to say, “You would mostly be afraid of our regular size. We mostly use the mortal form so that we would not scare all the townspeople away.” “We’ll I’m not afraid.” As Medusa was walking home, Poseidon followed her as well. As Medusa got into her little boat, she swims away leaving Poseidon stranded thinking of a way to come across. Poseidon immediately walked in the ocean to follow Medusa home. As Medusa arrived, she went inside the cave to change immediately. Poseidon finally arrives, but wet. “Do you need to dry off?” Medusa asked Poseidon. “No need,” Poseidon said, “I don’t mind anymore.” Poseidon began looking around the cave and said, “In a cave is where you stay?” Medusa shook her head as a reply. “Well,” Poseidon continued, “if you were married, you would be staying with a God in a temple.” Medusa began to spit her water out that she was drinking from the ocean. “What is the Poseidon trying to inform me?” Medusa asked. Poseidon walked even closer to Medusa touching her face softly saying, “Beautiful from the unknown, I’m trying to say, would you love to become married to the God of Sea?” As Medusa got lost into Poseidon’s eyes, she couldn’t say nothing else; she even forgot about the fact the Poseidon was the reason Sirosin was dead. “Golden hair feels just like powder from a female’s face. Oh how your golden eyes brighten my face.” Poseidon went on trying to impress Medusa. As Medusa began looking into Poseidon’s eyes, she could see the oceans moving every single second which made her gaze in them even more. “Oh your eyes Poseidon, they’re the ocean’s beauty.” Medusa said to Poseidon. “So,” Poseidon continued, “would this golden beauty from the sun take me as your lover?” Medusa took deep breath and said slowly, “Yes Poseidon, I would be delighted to be your lover for the rest of our lifetimes.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes of Stone

                        Weeks have changed into months as it went on as the two, Poseidon and Medusa, were happily married and living in the Temple of Poseidon. Surprisingly to know, Medusa was still celibate during her marriage with Poseidon for a few months. Medusa had constantly told Poseidon that she wanted to save it for a special day. That morning, Medusa had to run some errands around town. Firstly, Medusa wanted to go see how Athena was doing. As she was about to open the doors of the Temple of Athena, she began hearing screaming inside. Medusa immediately stopped and looked inside from one of the openings from outside. There she saw Athena angry screaming out her father’s name. “Zeus, how you’re a disgrace to me; how could you be my father? How could I be your daughter, your own flesh and blood?” Medusa noticed that Athena had problems with her father that she couldn’t solve right away. As Athena was done throwing her furious rage out on the furniture in the temple, Athena sought down on the floor and began crying. Medusa left the Temple of Athena leaving Athena alone in the temple crying about the hatred between her and her father. Medusa was in the forest picking roses for a few of Poseidon’s children. “Oh sweet delightful roses, what would I do without you in my laugh?” Medusa questioned laughing. As Medusa was picking more roses than she could carry, there was someone heard behind her. “Who dares to follow me with suspicion?” Medusa asked the unknown. The unknown continued to be silent. Medusa continued to ask the unknown who was silent for the whole time. The bushes behind the trees began to shake as Medusa became more suspicious. Medusa ran away from the forest as quickly as possible. As she was running, two mutant dogs began running after her. Her heart was beating so fast, she didn’t know what to do. As she looked back, the mutant dogs were gone. Medusa immediately falls off a cliff as she turns around. There she went, Medusa crashed into the ocean of no return. Medusa weak stomach couldn’t take the water anymore, so she began screaming for her life. As Medusa was calming down, she sees a big ship coming towards her. Medusa’s panic rate began to increase. “Please stop!” Medusa began commanding. The ship immediately stops. A long rope begins to drop down from the ship into the water. “Any mortals down there; you can come up.” A man from the ship says. Medusa began climbing every inch of the rope. As she was getting closer to the top, she felt weaker every time. Medusa finally makes it to the top of the ship seeing all types of men on there. “Where is this beauty from if I may ask?” a man from the ship asks. “I’m Medusa,” Medusa explained, “a priestess from Attica. Could you take me back?” The captain of the ship looked at Medusa and said, “Sure my lady, we would love to take you back to Attica.” Medusa was relieved that the men on the ship weren’t murderers picking up random mortals trying to kill them and feed them to immortals. There Medusa was, surrounded by numerous sailors that she had no idea who they were. There were sailors that were drunk on the ship. That same minute, Medusa witnessed a fight escalated with one of the sailors. Through the thick mist and fog, the sailors made it to Attica. “Welcome to Attica my lady.” The captain says to Medusa. Medusa’s face lit up as soon as she saw Attic from a far distance. “What a beautiful place.” One of the men on the ship said. The movement of the ship finally stopped as the let Medusa off. All of the townspeople surrounded the ship to see what was going on. Poseidon then arrives from his temple to see what was happening outside. “What is the meaning of this situation?” Poseidon demanded. “Sorry,” the captain said, “We picked this fine beauty up from the ocean and brought her back here.” Poseidon didn’t believe one word the captain was saying. “Are you lying to me?” Poseidon questioned. “Did you touch this pure beauty that is my wife?” “We did no such thing sir!” The captain replied to Poseidon. Medusa demanded the captain and his sailors to leave immediately. Medusa didn’t want anything to happen to the captain or the sailors; she was uncertain what Poseidon was capable of. The captain and the sailors left Attica immediately. Medusa took a deep breath in relief that none of the men on the ship was harmed by Poseidon. “They’re not leaving without a fight.” Poseidon says out of anger. “What have I done?” Medusa whispers to herself. Poseidon began walking towards the ocean until he was no longer seen. All of the townspeople began looking for Poseidon, but couldn’t find him. One brave young man decided to go in the ocean to look for Poseidon. As he’s in the ocean, the ocean began to shake with him in it. Everyone was afraid what was going to happen next. The brave man hurriedly ran out of the ocean cowardly. His family surrounded him making sure he was alright. Coming out of the ocean was a gigantic head. After the head, there came the shoulders. “It’s Poseidon!” One of the townspeople said. This was Medusa’s first time seeing Poseidon in his holy being form. “What have I married?” Medusa began questioning to herself. The now giant Poseidon began walking towards the ship that was leaving Attica. Medusa was so afraid for the sailors’ fate upon the ship. Medusa began lying down on the ground praying for all of the sailors on the ship. The giant Poseidon frightened them all. Medusa could here all of the sailors screaming for their lives. Far from a distance, Medusa could see Poseidon picking up the captain from the ship and swallowing him whole. All of the townspeople could take any more of the horror that Poseidon was doing to the sailors. Everyone began running place to place trying to find shelter. As Medusa was finished praying, the screaming and all of the shouting stopped; no one was present. Medusa looked up and the ship and including Poseidon was gone. As Medusa turned the opposite direction, Poseidon was there behind her waiting for her to go back to the temple with him. Medusa was so frightened by Poseidon. She noticed the captain and the sailors’ blood all over his mouth. Medusa walked away and said, “Clean up this dirty mess Poseidon.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes of Stone

                        Calm, quiet, peaceful, this didn’t seem like Attica. Medusa woke up in the bedroom all alone. Medusa was upset to see that Poseidon wasn’t in the bedroom with her. Outside were the children playing games with their friends; all adults were either having free time or making sensational love. Medusa decided to pick some fruit for Poseidon and a few of his young children. It’s been awhile of Medusa visiting the Garden of Fruit. The grass grew longer since the last visit of Medusa. “These pretty leaves and plants; how long has it been my pretties? I come to pick more of you fruits for treats. Who may I pick?” Medusa began rambling through numerous types of fruit choosing the best looking ones. As she picked a fruit, she hears some unusual noises. “Is anyone there?” Medusa began asking numerous of times. There was no answer but the constant sounds. Medusa didn’t want whoever was making those sounds to see her, so she spied on whoever it was. Medusa began crawling on the ground quietly towards a cliff. As Medusa gets to the edge of the cliff, she sees something unusual down below. There on the ground, Medusa witnessed her husband having an affair on Medusa with another woman. “Must this be another mortal or immortal sleeping with the immortal I call husband?” Medusa began asking herself quietly. As she was witnessing Poseidon’s affair, Medusa began crying. One of the tears came from her eye and decided to hit Poseidon on the left shoulder. Medusa notices that Poseidon has stopped making love toward the woman. “Who is among the cliff?” Poseidon questioned immediately. Medusa ran quickly as possible so that Poseidon doesn’t see her. As Medusa is running for the sake of her marriage, she began crying some more. Medusa finally makes it back to the town of Attica and decided to go to Poseidon’s Temple. As she lay in bed, Medusa began questioning herself once again. “Is it me that Poseidon doesn’t love anymore? Why do this to our marriage once again?” Medusa begins crying because it wasn’t his first time having an affair on her. Medusa began having a flashback about the time Poseidon had an affair with one of the priestesses. “Is my life that unimportant?” Medusa began taking a deep breath. “Let’s be calm and patient. My birthday is tomorrow, I should be happy.” Medusa continued talking to herself. Medusa heard footsteps walking towards the bedroom. Medusa quickly jumped back into bed and pretended to be sleep. Entering the room was Poseidon who was all sweaty waiting for a nap with his wife. As he lay right beside Medusa, Medusa began feeling uncomfortable sleeping with him. Later on that day, Medusa awoken up through the night worried about the affair. She had seen Poseidon have affairs on her more than three times. Medusa went outside to get some fresh air. The last time Medusa had an honest conversation was with Sirosin, her one and only friend. “My life is so miserable.” Medusa said to herself once again. “There’s nothing here for me. My fiancé died, my only friend died, and now my husband is having sinful relationships with mortals, immortals, and priestesses.” “Hades,” Medusa screamed out loud, “I need you to take me to the underworld with you and let me golden hair and pure flesh burn with your happiness of death.” Medusa began lying on the ground crying her eyes out. As she looks up upon the sky, she sees a moving star. “Oh, the magic of our little earth that I’m seeing once again has made me a little girl once again.” Medusa began wiping the tears from her face. A woman then walks towards Medusa saying, “Oh pretty darling, do you need some love from someone?” Medusa looked up the woman and answered, “If you would like ma’am, I don’t really mind.” The old mortal got Medusa up from the ground and showed her around the night of Attica where morons and drunk townspeople had fun roaming the town. “Drink,” the old woman said, “you’ll be fine.” Medusa looked at the glass of wine and denied the woman’s offer. “No ma’am, I don’t drink.” Medusa decided to go back inside the Poseidon Temple and rest her head for the rest of the night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes of Stone

                        Medusa had awoken the next morning to feel great on her birthday. Once again alone with no husband beside her to greet her, Medusa began tearing up.  Outside she went, where there were children playing all around the town. “These wonderful children, how delightful they are.” Medusa began saying while smiling. From a far distance, Medusa sees Poseidon once again buying some fish for another woman. This woman looked familiar to Medusa; Poseidon was also having a affair on Medusa with the old woman that she met last night. “He’s an ungrateful liar.” Medusa began saying to herself.” Medusa decided to visit her old home before she was married, her cave. The cave was never the same anymore; all of her belongings were gone. The cave was a empty hole with no one there in it. Medusa hears a noise from a far distance. Medusa couldn’t think quickly, so she hid behind one of the rocks in the cave. Entering the cave was Poseidon with another priestess. Medusa began getting teary eyed as she witnesses another affair of Poseidon. “How could you do this to me once again?” Medusa shouted out of nowhere. Poseidon and the priestess were shocked to see Medusa hiding behind the rock. “I’ve been watching you all of these months having affairs, all of these lies. You humiliate me Poseidon, and you will get yours.” As Medusa left the two alone in the cave, the priestess demanded questions from Poseidon. “Listen, you need to go back to the village and never speak of this to no one!” Poseidon commanded the priestess. “No,” the priestess yelled to Poseidon, “I need answers now! I’ve been sleeping with a married man. A man that happens to be married to one of my fellow acquaintances, why lie? I should have never slept with you today or the day I gave birth to your child.” As the priestess walked away, Poseidon grabbed the priestess and snapped her neck out of anger. Medusa didn’t want to go back to the Poseidon Temple. She began thinking about her fiancé and her friend once again. Medusa hurried back to the temple immediately. Medusa grabbed all of her belongings from the Poseidon Temple and hurried towards the Athena Temple to speak to her immediately. While in the Athena Temple, Medusa dropped all of her belongings immediately and began to cry her eyes out once again. “I can’t take any of this pain anymore; I need to start my life over. Just leave me to die just like Theomocys and Sirosin.” Medusa commanded. Medusa was constantly looking for Medusa in the temple, but couldn’t find her at all. As Medusa was about to leave the Temple of Athena, Poseidon was right behind her. Poseidon constantly told Medusa that they needed to talk. “There’s no talking to it this time Poseidon, I’m through with everything.” Medusa yelled. “What do you mean?” Poseidon questioned sarcastically. “You killed my fiancé Theomocys. You also killed my friend Sirosin!” Poseidon began to laugh and replies, “Sirosin, that dirty excuse of friend? She was my lover; she was also carrying my child that I also burned with her after she tried to burn me.” Medusa looked and said, “That’s nonsense, you can’t kill an immortal.” Poseidon laughs and says, “Why don’t you tell that to your dead friend.” Medusa spits in Poseidon’s face and tried to run away. Poseidon grabbed Medusa by her perfect golden hair and slams her on the hard floor. Medusa wakes up feeling dizzy. It was so hard for Medusa to get up, because Poseidon was on top of her raping her. Even though Medusa began screaming as loud as she could, no one even heard her yell. This wasn’t how Medusa pictured how to lose her virginity. Medusa was completely disgusted at what Poseidon was doing to her. Poseidon quickly puts his right hand over Medusa’s mouth which stops Medusa from screaming. Far away inside the temple hiding behind a carved statue, Athena sees Poseidon and Medusa making love on her floors inside the temple. Athena was completely furious and disgusted. Athena left the temple immediately to let Poseidon and Medusa finish what they started. As Poseidon was finished, tears began running from Medusa’s eyes disastrously. Medusa immediately put her robe back on outraged at Poseidon. “Look what you’ve done to me. I was waiting for the right moment, you ruined it all. I’m done with you.” Medusa left the Temple of Athena and headed back to her old home, the cave. Medusa quickly jumped into the ocean to clean herself from the horridness that she witnessed and felt. Medusa was completely disgusted with herself.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes of Stone

                        Later on that night, Medusa was sleeping on the ground inside the cave all alone, cold, nowhere to go. Noise began entering inside the cave where Medusa was sleeping in pain. Medusa quickly woke up from the noise, because she knew it were her sisters. She could tell be the hissing snakes from far away. Stheno and Euryale could see Medusa in a lot of pain. “Who had done wrong to our only brightly sweet sister?” Stheno questioned in a rage. “I would rather not say.” Medusa said in a lot of pain. “Look at you Medusa,” Euryale continued, “you are hurt. Someone had to do this to you. Tell us, we’ll make them pay.” Medusa got up from the ground and starred at the dark sky outside and said, “If you would do something about it, you won’t be able to defeat them. They are not any mortal like me; they’re more powerful than me. Immortals can’t die like us mortals.” Euryale finds out the truth and says, “It was Poseidon, wasn’t it?” Stheno looks in rage walking away from the cave saying, “They can’t die like mortals, but immortals can turn into stone like mortals.” Both Stheno and Euryale leave Medusa alone in the cave to heal while they go deal with Poseidon themselves. Meanwhile back in Attica, everyone has having a fun feast outside during the night with Poseidon. Athena was seen there looking at Poseidon furiously. “Poseidon,” Athena asked, “where you ever in my temple anytime today?” Poseidon looked at Athena with suspicion and answers, “No, I was doing errands all day. Gods and goddesses are busy all the time. Aren’t you?” As Poseidon was laughing at his statement, no smile cracked upon Athena’s face. As they were enjoying a wonderful feast, a group of townspeople began running as far away as possible. Both Poseidon and Athena rose up to see what the problem was. “Darkness has returned, darkness has returned.” Numerous of townspeople kept screaming. Coming from a fog was the Gorgons, Stheno and Euryale. Athena looked surprised and said, “What are they doing upon our lands?” “Poseidon,” Euryale said in a furious manner, “you will pay for what you’ve done to my sister.” “Look at us you pathetic coward!” Stheno added on. Poseidon made no reply. Because of Poseidon not replying, Euryale and Stheno both turned two townspeople into stone. In complete rage, Poseidon caused and earthquake in Attica which startled the Gorgons. “Now you listen to me you Gorgons,” Poseidon says to the two without looking at them, “you should leave now, while your sister is still alive.” The Gorgons completely understood that Poseidon was threatening to kill Medusa if they didn’t stop with their ongoing rage that night. The Gorgons immediately left the town quietly leaving everyone but the deities in fear. The next morning, Medusa began washing up in the ocean near her cave where she now lives once again. As she was done bathing herself in the ocean, she got out to put on her robe and look for some more fruits in the Garden of Fruit. While in the garden of Fruit, Medusa began singing an old song that soothed her down when she was going through something that traumatized her. Footsteps were heard as Medusa was still picking fruits from the garden. The footsteps finally stopped and Medusa finally turned around to see who it was. “Athena,” Medusa said shockingly, “what are you doing here.” Athena said smiling, “Nothing darling, just here to visit my favorite priestess. I heard you are going through something with Poseidon.” Medusa rubbed her face terribly saying, “I really don’t want to talk about it.” Athena stopped her from talking before she could say anymore, “Don’t worry my golden dove, I have something for you. Here is something that you could drink that will help calm the nerves and the system of a female. This will help you relax, I promise my darling.” Medusa took a deep breath and drunk the weird looking liquid that Athena assisted that she should drink. As Medusa began drinking, her stomach began to form some kind of way from the inside. Athena began smiling evilly. “I’ve seen you two inside my temple making love. That is not lady like and how dare you do it in my home?” Medusa began chocking which couldn’t stop. “Don’t worry,” Athena says, “hopefully it kills you.” Medusa drops her wooden basket of fruits and swam away from the Garden of Fruit. A few days later, it was one gloomy night with no sounds being heard. The cave was darker than it was ever before. Dreadful crying was being heard far from a distance. No human being was seen inside the cave. There was someone by the ocean talking to their self. “I asked to die like my fiancé and friend, but I got nothing of that. I asked to burn in the underworld by Hades, but I got nothing of that. I asked nothing of what I got know. I hate the feeling of the cold blood pumping inside my heart. My milky skin is now scaly green. My golden eyes are now red. My beautiful face is not as beautiful as it used to be. My perfect golden hair is all gone.” Medusa looked at her reflection in the ocean and continued by saying, “Look at me, no beauty spot on me never again. I am what my sisters are, hideous and disgust. My heart is not the same as it used to be. My red eyes feed for mercy and death among towns, gods, and goddesses. I have no heart of gold anymore; I have a heart of stone now.” As Medusa looked at her eyes in the reflection, she began saying, “My eyes isn’t of gold anymore, my eyes are of stone…”

 

 

The End.

© 2014 Reco M.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on November 1, 2014
Last Updated on November 2, 2014
Tags: medusa, the gorgon, fiction, snakes

Author