The Colors of Autumn

The Colors of Autumn

A Story by redbirdfan524

Every October, I’m reminded of the colors of autumn. First off, the trees turn beautiful shades of red, orange and yellow. Some to the reds look almost burgundy. The oranges, the color of pumpkin pie, the yellows, the shade of the sun, a blazing star in the clear October skies. Red, yellow, and orange, the colors of autumn, also the colors of fire.
        
        Four years ago, I cam home from work to find that my house had turned into a blazing inferno. The fire, a brilliant orange, blended with the setting sun. It was the same shade orange as the jack-o-lanterns, sitting and staring at me from the neighbors front porches. I then saw the fire trucks coming, their light flashing a cherry red. The trucks themselves were the color of red riding hood’s cloak. I then remembered that my son had been inside the house. I looked around for him, hoping he’s gotten out alive. But I didn’t notice him anywhere. I let out an ear-piercing shriek. I tell the firemen that my son’s in the house the said there’s nothing they can do. All entrances into the house are blocked. 
 
         After the fire had subsided, only one color filled my head-black. The black of the ashes left where my house once stood, the black of the night sky looming overhead, and the black of my emotions which took over my body. I didn’t know if I’d ever get over the loss of my son. He was the only person in my life that I cared about. So no, every October, I‘m reminded of four colors-the innumerable shades of red, orange, and yellow and the one shade of black that fills the empty void in my heart.  
 

 

© 2009 redbirdfan524


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 14, 2009

Author

redbirdfan524
redbirdfan524

springfield, MA



About
i LOVE writing especially poetry. i had just gotten an A+ in creative writing at my school more..

Writing