Education Is a part of Living

Education Is a part of Living

A Poem by BossBabe

Education is a part of living. Now, more then ever, I think of that statement as a fact. If you asked me before I would have said it was someone’s opinion. I didn’t have a favorite teacher. Matter of fact I dislike almost every one of them; but I can’t help but remember one teacher who changed my outlook in life and my education.                                                                          

This teachers name was Mrs. Sedlack and although every teacher gave up on me and let me be, she didn’t, she never tolerated my bad behavior but she also didn’t throw me to the dogs aka the vice principals. She dealt with me and talked to me, even though I never listened. Out of all the days we got into it about my behavior one day in particular stood out to me, the day I realized there was more in life than just chilling with your friends and skipping class. I choose to walk out of her classroom because I was frustrated with myself and when I came back to Mrs. Sedlack’s classroom she pulled me out and asked what was up with me and I told her “nothing.” That’s when she looked at me, I mean not the “bad” girl, she saw threw that, she saw me, and for the first time I listened. She told me: “I wasn’t I bad kid” and she knew that, how I “needed to get through the bad and keep moving forward because life doesn’t end at high school, it begins right after”.   

 Our conversation made me open my eyes to the importance of going to school and moving forward, not backwards it was a life learning lesson. Basically there are two choices in life, you can choose to be smarter and chase after your dreams or fall back and let “Defeat”  win over your life. I choose my education; I choose to move forward in my life. Mrs. Sedlack changed my ways of thinking, She helped me understand the importance of education and life itself.  Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardour and diligence” (Abigail Adams)

© 2015 BossBabe


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great story and lesson.
“Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardour and diligence” (Abigail Adams)
The above quote is true. I liked the honest tone of the words and the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very nice and very true. Beautifully related. Very uplifting and encouraging.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great story and lesson.
“Learning is not attained by chance; it must be sought for with ardour and diligence” (Abigail Adams)
The above quote is true. I liked the honest tone of the words and the strong ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 11, 2015
Last Updated on February 11, 2015
Tags: teachers, lesson, choices, favoritteacher

Author

BossBabe
BossBabe

chicopee, MA



About
Everyone gets to a point in their lifes when you start looking at yourself from the outside and all of sudden your 100 million miles away... Well that's me. Guess you got to read to know more 🤗.. more..

Writing
I do I do

A Story by BossBabe


One Last Run One Last Run

A Story by BossBabe