Are Your Cleaning Products Safe To Use?

Are Your Cleaning Products Safe To Use?

A Story by rejuvenateproducts
"

The best cleaning products and tools are out there whether you need something for your bathroom, kitchen, or floors.

"

It’s no secret that cleaning products can contain some pretty bad ingredients. On the other hand, we’ve also been conditioned to think that the stronger the chemical smell, the stronger the cleaning products; therefore, the better they are at keeping your home clean. Although they may do a great job of disinfecting and cleaning, the fumes and chemicals can take a toll on your health in the long run. I do believe it’s possible to have 100% chemical-free cleaning products that actually work and I do believe that it’s possible to decrease your exposure to some of the worst chemicals. By informing yourself on the hidden toxins in your cleaning products, you’ll be able to identify and avoid them, and replace them with safer products that are just as effective.


Here are some toxins you might find in your everyday household cleaning products.


  • Phthalates. This ingredient is actually seen in other products too, like skin care items. The word “phthalates” might not be on the label, but if you see the word “fragrance,” there’s a chance that it’s included in the formula. Luckily, there are fragrance-free and all-natural cleaning products which you can easily find and afford. If you’re looking for a natural fragrance, essential oils like Tea Tree and Eucalyptus are a great substitute.


  • Ammonia. If you have asthma or other breathing problems, you probably already know the effects that using products with ammonia can have on you. Certain products use ammonia because it evaporates and helps eliminate streaks. This is why you see ammonia in a lot of polishing agents and glass cleaners. It is possible to find a cleaning product without this toxin, so when you do come across one, save yourself the trouble and make it a part of your cleaning routine.


  • Sodium Hydroxide. It’s a corrosive ingredient that is usually found in pipe cleaners. Of course, you want your drain pipe cleaner to get the job done, but it doesn’t always mean that you need the most potent ingredients to get the best pipe cleaning results. Inhaling sodium hydroxide can actually give you a sore throat for a couple of days.


  • Triclosan. Detergents have convinced us that their strong fragrance and “antibacterial” properties are good for us. The truth is, triclosan can actually promote the growth of drug-resistant bacteria. This means that overusing products with triclosan could mean that our body’s hormonal function and ability to fight bacteria is potentially affected. Do you really want that in your home?

Rethinking Household Cleaning Products

If you’re thinking of replacing your household cleaning products with safer alternatives, you won’t have to search too long. There are plenty of at-home solutions online that many people swear by, as well as environmentally-friendly household cleaning products that won’t suffocate you with fumes.


For far too long, we’ve thought of cleaning products as inherently toxic but necessary. Part of rethinking household cleaning products is knowing that products don’t need to burn your nose hairs off in order to work. Once you develop a better understanding of what makes a cleaning product effective, it’ll be less intimidating and confusing for you to decide which household cleaning product you need. Give other alternatives a try until you find something that works for you.


Remember that just because something is manufactured doesn’t mean it’s toxic and using a do-it-yourself solution you found online doesn't always mean it’s safe. The main thing you want to focus on is having a cleaning product that it is effective and makes cleaning a better experience for you.

The Best Cleaning Products Are Only Half The Battle

Something I always like to point out is that even when you’re using the best cleaning products, the equipment you’re using to clean is just as important. Microfiber chamois, durable microfiber bonnets and microfiber mop pads are great for picking up and trapping dirt. Some of the best cleaning products I’ve seen are the ones that eliminate cumbersome equipment, like a no-bucket floor cleaner or no-scrub soap scum remover. By removing the requirement of changing out the dirty water as you mop or replacing a sponge with a microfiber pad that can stand up to your dirty tile grout, you’re improving your cleaning experience and getting through the tasks much faster.


The best cleaning products and tools are out there whether you need something for your bathroom, kitchen, or floors. If you’re still trying to find cleaning products that you can feel safe using, don't give up your search. Just keep in mind the toxins I mentioned and the importance of changing the way you think about cleaning products. Once you realize that you don’t need to rely on toxic chemicals, you can feel confident in your choices moving forward.

© 2018 rejuvenateproducts


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

rejuvenateproducts
rejuvenateproducts

Miramar, FL



About
Rejuvenate Floor Restorer has consistently outperformed the competition and established itself as a leader in the floor care and restoration area. Available nation-wide and in Canada, at major retail .. more..

Writing