The MKT Trail

The MKT Trail

A Story by LAR
"

This is a self-reminder for the days when I am unable to go to the trail. I hope you enjoy it!

"

I rise up and get ready for my walk through the trail.  As I look to my left, moist, rich soil.  As I look to my right, large, strong boulders.  I feel the rocks move beneath my feet. I start walking.  I reach the old, wooden bridge.  I look down at the still, murky water. I take a deep breath and fill my body with fresh, crisp air.  I keep walking.  Underneath the tall trees, I am shaded.  I feel cool and safe by their presence.  The sunlight barely peaks through the tops of the leaves.  I keep walking.  From a distance, I hear pleasant laughter.  As I move closer, I see a kookaburra hidden in the branches.  I keep walking.  As I reach the end of the trail, I am greeted by lovely pink flowers pushing through the soil. Their scent is soft and sweet. I get a cold drink from the fountain.  It tastes clean and refreshes my body.  I smile and feel ready to start my day.

© 2014 LAR


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent writing. There's probably a story there, too.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 12, 2014
Last Updated on October 12, 2014
Tags: nature, trail, refresh, five senses

Author

LAR
LAR

MO



About
I am a scientist who never stopped enjoying to write. more..