Revenge

Revenge

A Story by Rebecca Garber

The dark room that is cold. It is like being in an ice chest. I am sitting there in the corner, and I can’t see because it is pitch black. All of a sudden I hear a click, click, click noise. I am assuming it is the lock that is on the door. There was a flicker and lights came on. I went to look where I had heard the click sound but my eyes were still adjusting to the light. Finally, it had felt like forever my eyes had finished adjusting. I looked and I saw a man setting up a foldable cot.

He was wearing a grey t-shirt, which had a blue wrestling symbol on it. There was a word on the back of the shirt that I could not exactly make out but it was a short word. He had on blue jeans, with Nike tennis shoes. They were red with the black Nike sign. He had a blue baseball cap on. I could tell that he had short brown hair because pieces of it peeked out under his hat. You could tell that he was Caucasian.

He turns around abruptly when he had finished setting up the cot. I could see those sparkly green eyes. His lips were light pink that had a slight smile on it. He started walking closer to me. He said, “My name is Ryan. You may know me as Jase Hindrick.” All of a sudden I had a realization who it was. This person was the man who had claimed to be my half-brother. That my mom had sent him away when she conceived me. “Ah. I see you are remembering who I am.”

“Why did you take me? Where am I?” I said as I was embarrassed that I had forgot who this awful man was. “What do you want from me?

“Wow. Let me speak. I wanted to show you something. You had told people something that you had promised not to tell. To refresh your memory, it happened thirteen years ago. It will be fourteen years ago in two days. It is two days after our birthday December 15, 2013. Does that refresh your memory any?” He looks at me. A couple minutes later he says, “I suppose not. How about I remind you.”

He stepped closer and he grabbed my arm, and shoved me towards the foldable cot that he had set up earlier. “Lay down and don’t say one word.” he yelled. Ryan pulled of his shirt and his hat. I started crying because I knew what was going to happen. I remembered what he was talking about. He was going to rape me again like he did for the few years that we were kids.

“Please don’t, I remember what you are talking about. I am so sorry. Please forgive me for what I did. I had to they were going to put me in jail. They said I was your accomplice. I am so very sorry. Please don’t do this!” I pleaded.

Ryan, “You lied to me. You said that you would never tell. You hurt me. Do you know what they did to me because you told? Do you? How about I just tell you. I ended up going to a facility. The people there knew what I did to the kids. Do you see these scares that are on my chest? Do you see the burns and marks on my face? That is because of you. They cut me every day. They told me how worthless I was. They burned me saying that I deserved what had happened to me?” He started to cry, so he turned and walked to the other side of the room. I stood up and walked towards him because I felt so bad. I wanted to say sorry, I wanted to comfort him. I let this happen to him. “Do you know what else they did to me? I was laying in my bed and they came in, in the middle of the night. They pulled my pants off and raped me. This old man rapped me and asked me how I liked it. He did it again and again for about a week. I tried to tell the guards but they did not care. They just ignored me. They broke the promise just like you did. They said that they would protect me. They did not, nor will they ever.” He walked back towards me. Then he pulled out a knife. “I brought you here to tell you I was sorry. I should never have done what I did to you. I should never have hurt those kids. I am sorry. Then I you lied to me. So know you are going to know how it feels to betrayed and hurt by the one person that you thought you could trust.” Ryan took the knife and stood right in front of me. He cut the shirt, and my skirt off of me. I tried to run across the room away from him but he chased me.

The knife was held to my throat. If I moved, he would have cut my throat. I was shoved onto the bed. I lay there and try to cover myself up with the blankets yet he yanks them away from me. He left the room. The light was still on and I sat there looking for something to cover myself up with. I saw nothing in there. The cement floors were bare, and so were the brick walls. Then I heard the click, click, click again. The door swung open furiously.  He did not have the knife in his hands, it was in the brim of his pants on the right side. But there was something in his hands. I could not quite make out what it was at first, then I realized that is was a canon camera.

Ryan, “Now I want you to lay on the bed and act like you want to make love to someone. And don’t refuse or you will seriously regret it.”

I screamed, “NO! Stay the hell away from me.”

“Feisty are we? Let’s see if this changes your mind any.” All of a sudden I saw my sister behind a glass wall or something. She was sitting in a wooden chair. There was a table in front of her. He favorite animal was sitting there. I could hear her favorite song playing in the background. It was Big Green Tractor. There was also duct tape on her mouth. Black rope that held her arms behind her. The black rope was also holding her ankles to the legs of the chairs.

I panicked, “Why do you have her? Let her go!”

“I will if you do as I say, and I have my fun,” he chuckled. “So now do as I said.” He took a picture of me. “Now remove the rest of you clothes!”

“Please don’t make me do it. I’ll do anything else. Look I am sorry you had to go through that. You don’t know how bad I feel. Please don’t make me!” I begged.

“DO IT NOW!” Ryan yelled. I removed everything else that I had on. He raised his eye brow indicating that he wanted me to pose “sexy” again. So I did as he wanted so he would not hurt my little sister. Ounce he took the pictures he left with none more said.

“Let me see my sister!” I yelled after he had left. I wanted to make sure she was okay. I wanted to know he was not hurting her. The lights flickered out. I remember sitting there cry and shivering because it was cold. Then the next thing I know I woke up and the light was back on.

He walked into the room and someone followed. “This is Jacob.” I tried to cover myself remembering that I had nothing on, but there was nothing to cover myself up with. “Jacob this is Sophia. She is the one I was telling you about. The one that was in the pictures I had showed you. Have at her. Knock in that pattern I had showed you. If she does not do as you say, then I will help you with that.” AS he said that I saw my sister through the glass.

“Karlie are you okay?” I screamed as I ran to the glass. I saw her try to move, but she is still tied to the chair. I bang on the glass to try and get her. I was hoping it would break, but it didn’t. She kept looking around. I don’t think she could see me, yet I could see her. I was so scared that I would never get to see her. Then all of a sudden she disappeared. I heard the click, click, click. Jacob came over to me. He sat down on the cot.

“Sophia how are you? Has he hurt you at all?” he said quietly.

“No he has not hurt me this time. I am so scared, and I am really cold. He took all of my clothes away. Why are you being so nice to me?” I questioned him. He took off his jacket and put it around me.

“I am so sorry that I could l not prevent this. I was watching you for the past few months. I knew that he was going to come and find you. We knew that he was going to kidnap you. WE have been watching him since he got out of the facility. We had found out the in his cell he had wrote descriptions of how he was going to torture you for telling. He was going to take pictures of you and put them on the internet. Then he was going to let guys come a sleep with you until he had decided to finish you off and your sister.” He took a deep breath.

“Why are you here telling me about all this?” I asked curiously

“As you know my name is Jacob. I am someone who tracks down rapist. I try to protect anyone from being hurt even more. I saw you and there was something about you that I like. I wanted to help.” He took a deep sigh. But there is only one problem with me trying to help you right now. He is watching us. There is a camera. I told him I like to get to know the girls before you know I sleep with me. So he thinks that I am getting to know you before we have sex.”

“I am not having sex with you. Why can’t you just get me out of here already. I am cold, tired, hungry, and I just want to go home to my own bed and take a shower to get this nasty feeling of when he had touched me to go away.”

“I know I completely understand how you feel and I want to respect that. But I have to do this to help you. Okay? This is the only way to get you out.”

“Fine, can I ask you a couple things first?”

“Fair enough ask away!!”

“Are you fertile?”

“Yes, why do you ask. I have protection that I will wear. I have it on already so that Ryan does not suspect anything.”

“Okay, thanks I needed to know that. Here is why I asked. I have been looking for someone. I do not care exactly who that person is. I just needed them to be fertile.”

“Why??”

“I want to get pregnant. By getting pregnant I can fix the mistake that I did a long time again. I will raise this kid so that they will know better than to hurt the people that they care about. I figured that if we were going to have to have sex then why not make a cause come out of it.” I sheepishly looked away. I was a little embarrassed that I was admitting something to him. I mean I don’t even really know this person, and now I told him something personal. I made a big mistake what happens if this person decides to hurt me. “Will you promise me something to?”

“I won’t promise you something until you tell me what that something is. Also what mistake did you do that you would want to have a kid to try and fix it?”

“That girl that you saw on the other side of the glass that was my sister. I had made a promise that I would never let anything happen to her. After Ryan had rapped my repetitively for a couple years, it stopped all of a sudden, and I was so excited. I then found out he was doing it to my sister. He was hurting her and I was not protecting her. I have to fix that. Then I would like you to promise me that you will not hurt me, and will not betray me, and you are actually here to try and help me.” As I looked at Jacob you could see the hurt in his eyes as I had said that to him. He looked like he had wanted to grab me into a big hug. He wanted to tell me something. Then as I was staring at him I notice something. He had a muscular body. He had brown not long but not buzzed hair. The blue eyes sparkled and glistened in the light. His lips were light pink and plump, they were just magnificent.

He looked at me, and then looked away. As his gaze returned to me he said, “I am so sorry, and I will protect you I will never hurt you. I promise. I also want to tell you that it is not your fault that he did that to your sister. It is not your fault that he did it to you. Stop beating yourself up because of it. I see the marks all over you. Don’t’ self-harm because of it. You could not have stopped it. You are not a bad person because he did that to you. The only bad person is him. Okay?!?!”

“Okay, well I guess we should you know do it, before he gets suspicious.” As I took the jacket off the he had lended me, I was paralyzed to watch him remove his clothes. He did it so smooth. He folded them as he took them off. His body was drop dead gorgeous. I could not take my eyes off him. Then I remembered so I blurted out, “TAKE OF THE PERTECTION!”

“Are you sure, that you want that? Even in these circumstances.” I nodded my head, so he removed his protection. I watched him step closer, at first I was so scared, but I think in just that few moments I started to fall for him. “Stop please!” I was worried what he was going to think about all the scares on me. The cuts that I put on my legs, my stomach, my chest, and my sides. What if he said or did something?

“Are you okay? Am I hurting you?” he said with worry.

“I am fine, no you are not hurting me. Why do you want to do this I mean look at me? I mean look I am broken; I am just used trash.” I took his hand and ran it over the scares on my sides and stomach. “See look I am just broken, so why are doing this.”

“Look you are not broken you are not trash. You had a rough life. You are struggling with the rape that you were forced to go through. You are scared to talk about it. You are terrified what others will think when they find out that it was your brother that rapped you. So instead of talking to someone and asking for help you hurt yourself. I don’t look down on you for that. I see someone struggling and I am here to help you. I am not here just to free you and run off. Just by talking to you I see what an amazing person you are. I see what you are capable of. I see that you are strong and don’t give up without a fight. I am caring about you no matter what your past was like that is your past we are in the present.” He then leaned down and kissed me on the forehead, the nose then the lips. At first it was tense, but then I relax and he sank down on top of me. Then it was over. It did not seem long enough. “Sophia I will be back. Just give me time to figure out how I am going to get you out of here. Okay?” I nodded my head not wanting him to leave.

Then my half-brother came into the room. He had something, in a silver bowl. As he brought that silver bowl closer I realized that it was soup. He handed it to me. “Here you go. This is all you will get till super.” When he went to hand it to me I slapped it out of his hand and it went all over him. You knew it was hot because you could see the steam coming off it. He screamed, and slapped me. Then the knife that was in his waist band on the side of his pants was pulled out. He took in and cut me horizontally across the chest. “You b***h. I should not give you anything for super and I will let you starve to death.” Then the next thing I know is I see his hand with something that looked like a pipe, and then I woke up hours later. Jacob was coming into the room.

“Oh my god. What the hell did he do to you?” he asked with anger in his face as he ran towards me. “Ryan I told you I wanted her unharmed. I don’t like a girl who is all beat up and bloody. It ruins my clothes. I am so sorry he did that to you Sophia.”

“Well I got pay back though. He brought me some soup, I could tell that it was hot because of the steam coming off of it. So I took it and I slapped it so it went all over him.  He slapped me across the face and then took is knife and cut me. So I guess it was kind of my fault.” I put a huge smile on my face knowing the I did it all on my own. I hurt him. It was a personal victory.

“Well I still don’t like the idea that he hurt you.” Then he kissed the mark. “Today is the day that I am going to get you out of here. Have you seen your sister?” I shook my head no. “Ryan let her see her sister. It gets her all wound up.” Then I saw my sister. She was all slumped over. There was blood coming from her head. He had killed her. I can’t believe it. I broke to the floor. I started to bang my head up against the wall, and I could feel the blood running down my face. “Stop that Sophia.” He pulled me close to him, but I tried to keep fighting. He just kept telling me, “I am sorry, don’t worry we will get revenge. We will get away, and he will pay.”

I looked up at him and asked him “How we were going to do that. I mean look at me.” He kissed me on the forehead.

“Look, I see that you think we have lost, but I have a knife, and two guns. I will knock so that he thinks we are done. I want you to stand behind the door. I will stay there so that he is ready to let me out. When the door opens I will take the knife and cut his hands. I want you to pull the gun and point it at him. It will give me enough time to grab my gun and pull it on him. We will then get you out and put him in here and lock the door so that he can’t get out. We will then leave.”

“I can’t leave!”

“Why can’t you leave? Don’t you want to go?”

“Yes I want to go, but I um…. I have…...I am…. Look at me.” As my cheeks started to blush with embarrassment. I mean I still had nothing on. “I am naked. I can’t go out there like that.”

“I sorry, I was not paying attention to that I was trying to figure a way to get you out of here. Well here.” He started to take off his own shirt. The man looked fabulous. He was so amazing, but I have to keep my mind on getting out of here and then I can drool all over him. “Put this on. At least this will keep you cover until we can get you some more clothes.” I did as he said and put it on. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah I am fine.” I said, “I am just a little nervous and little scared but I am okay.”

“I will be okay, I promise. I will not let anything happen to you I care about you.” Then he pulled her in and kissed her. “Are you ready to get out of here?”

“Yes!” I went and stood behind the door. Jacob knock and different password this time. It went bang, bang…...bang…. bang, bang, bang…bang, bang. The door opened, and I saw Ryan. He stepped in. You hear him yell in pain. Jacob had cut his hands. All you see, it blood running down, and the puddle the size of a teacher’s desk on the floor. I just froze at the sight of it. What had we done? He will bleed to death if we…... Then I felt a pull on my arm. Jacob was fulling me, he then turned and pushed Ryan into the room. The door slammed shut.  Then I help him lock the 9 dead bolt locks on that door. We ran through hallways after hallways. I mean I felt as if we ran forever. Then Jacob finally led me out of an exit. I could hardly see the sun was at its highest, and it was extremely bright.

“Come over here now.  Get in the truck…... Hurry up!” I was starting to get upset because of him yelling at me, but I did not saw a word and did as I was told.

“Were are we going? I don’t know where we are at.” As I looked around all I see is trees flying past, and no one in sight on the road in front or behind us.

“I am taking you to my house. I don’t live far from here. Once we get there I will let you clean up and as you do that I will call the police. They will probably want to know what happened to you while you were in there. They will ask you about your sister, and maybe even bring up what happened in the past between you, your sister, and your half-brother. They will want to ask me questions to but he will want to do it in private. They are more than likely going to separate us okay. I know this will seem a little scary but ounce you do it this one time you won’t have to do it ever again.  You will just need to breathe okay.” As he finished talking about what was going to happen within the next forty-eight hours, he was pulling in a driveway. The driveway was about half a mile long, and it led up to a two story house, that was white. There were green shutters around the windows, with a porch that wrapped all the way around it. I also saw a balcony on the second floor that I assumed came from a master bedroom. We did not even talk ounce we were in the house. He just showed me where everything was. By the time I got out of the shower there were police interrogating Jacob. Then they saw me and started asking me all the questions that Jacob said they would and more. All of the seems like a blur, now.

They had gone to get Ryan out of the lock room where ever that may be. Jacob had told me I would not have to talk about it anymore. Well that was wrong. I ended up having to go before a judge, and tell the same thing over and over. Ryan was put into jail for a life sentence. We had my sister’s funeral, a week after Jacob rescued me. Then I lived happy ever after.

Okay, okay, you are probably wondering what happen to Jacob. Well him an I ended up talk, four months later he asked me to marry, him. And I said “YES!!!” I was so excited, we ended up getting married a year and a half after I was rescued. The night we got married, we found out that I was pregnant. It was twins, their names were Karlie, and Dillon. They fight like cats and dogs till this day, they are now 3. They are going to have a little sister. I am pregnant again. What will happen with these brothers and sisters?

© 2016 Rebecca Garber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

very nice detail and your imagery was pretty darn good too. Long write though, my mind went into over drive. I have a hard time reading long things, but over all I enjoyed this.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rebecca Garber

7 Years Ago

When you go through things it is kinda easy to write. I know about it being long, there is a couple .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 29, 2016
Last Updated on November 16, 2016

Author

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber

sarcoxie, MO



About
I am sixteen, and have been through a lot. I just got out of heartland because i was self harming and trying to kill myself. Because i had some things happen. So i express what is going on in my head .. more..

Writing
Week Week

A Story by Rebecca Garber