Thoughts

Thoughts

A Story by Rebecca Garber

I am sitting here
My whole life was about helping others
I was told to do the same with myself
Yet i don't know how
I am still doing that today
I have emailed 43 school today
I am looking for donations to send
They are going to the victims of hurricane Mathew
I have only got one reply so far
I am getting kind of bummed
Al i have ever wanted to do
Was help the people around me
Now I am trying yet i still don't get my wish
I feel as if I am failing the thing that I am trying to do

© 2016 Rebecca Garber


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When it comes to helping others, I sometimes find it better to focus on individuals instead of groups. With that being said, I don't donate to charity often, but I do try to do good for people in my life ... it makes my day to see them smile. Sometimes, the nicest things we can do are the simplest ... that includes giving compliments, holding the door, saying "I love you" ... etc. It's great that good-hearted people such as yourself exist; don't let anything discourage you.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Do you know what is the greatest job in this world? It is to help others... Whenever I have struggled in my life and felt pain I have found that reaching out to those who needs someone to be their frnd makes my life more meaningful... You are such a kind soul and I pray that you find peace inside yourself... Do what you can my frnd, you don't know how many lives you are touching through your kind words...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When it comes to helping others, I sometimes find it better to focus on individuals instead of groups. With that being said, I don't donate to charity often, but I do try to do good for people in my life ... it makes my day to see them smile. Sometimes, the nicest things we can do are the simplest ... that includes giving compliments, holding the door, saying "I love you" ... etc. It's great that good-hearted people such as yourself exist; don't let anything discourage you.

- William Liston

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

The story reads like a poem which I approve of. I like to see someone experiment with mechanics of writing. You may enjoy a young adult novelist, Ellen Hopkins. You may have heard of her. She writes young adult fiction in a similar format as you with poetry instead of prose. I would suggest reading "Impulse" which is one of my favorites.

CONTENT AND FORMAT

The speaker appears to be a caring, selfless person. Therefore, she feels wonderful when she helps others such as donate to the victims of hurricane Matthew. It hurts when you think that you have failed but I assure you that you are not. Take it from Bob Ross, the artist "There are no accidents, just little happy mistakes." There are other ways to give a helping hand. For instance, volunteer work opens doors to connections to organizations that help animals, the homeless, and so on. The library is an excellent source that I have used to make even the smallest donation especially with priceless goods such as books, games, crayons, and so on.

PERSONAL CONNECTIONS

I use to feel this way and would get so frustrated that I would give up on it. You strike me as someone who has difficulty with change or wanting to learn something new. This is not a criticism, just an observation because I am similar. Has anyone ever told you that they appreciate what you are doing? If not, let me say that I think that your dedication is wonderful. You really open up to people through your writing.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

Overall, I enjoyed this one because I see more hope. I still see struggle but reality is not an easy task. I trust that you will do just fine if not better. :D

Yours truly,
ria

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 7, 2016
Last Updated on October 7, 2016

Author

Rebecca Garber
Rebecca Garber

sarcoxie, MO



About
I am sixteen, and have been through a lot. I just got out of heartland because i was self harming and trying to kill myself. Because i had some things happen. So i express what is going on in my head .. more..

Writing
Week Week

A Story by Rebecca Garber



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..